Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XR-1 Rocket

Default XR-1 Rocket

There is enough of them out now are they that much better than a blue/grey ?

Must be they have been fast everywhere and have alot better attitudein them

Quote Originally Posted by DEKconsulting View Post
    Must be they have been fast everywhere and have alot better attitudein them
    I know some who would disagree. Including a guy with a cast.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Why does eddies wreck i guess thats who u are refering to have anything to do with being better than a blue/gray. That was just a small mistake made driving and it ended up bad im sure hes not calling the xr1s junk now that he wreck one

Im pretty sure everyone that got one this yr are not rushing back to the older car.

Why does eddies wreck i guess thats who u are refering to have anything to do with being better than a blue/gray. That was just a small mistake made driving and it ended up bad im sure hes not calling the xr1s junk now that he wreck one
    Wreck has nothing to do with it. That was not the XR1 he wrecked. There are plenty of guys not 100% satisfied.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by mike10 View Post
    There is enough of them out now are they that much better than a blue/grey ?
    Whose been running good in one other than the house car? Who has made the switch and started winning more races than before?

Chamberlin has one I think, looks good, but not like it's night and day. He was fast with older car too.

If I had the choice, Swartz for me, especially around here.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Austin34471 View Post
    Whose been running good in one other than the house car? Who has made the switch and started winning more races than before?
    That's exactly what I'm asking Austin. I don't really count what the house car does he will run good no matter which frontend he has. Everyone wants the latest and greatest but will some start going back to the blue/ grey after a year or so?

I think this time next year we are all gonna say "boy I wished I had one of the new MasterSbilt cars." Given the way Gilpin is running. I know what my next purchase is gonna be. I don't know anyone who has a new xr1 in my area. It's Jackie boggs swartz nation here. I wish someone would knock em off but it won't happen. If you have the money then boggs has the info to give that most others won't. Sometimes it's cheaper to join the bandwagon than waste money on trial and error and educated guesses.

Im in the central pa region and go to hagerstown winchester etc. And last yr it was all mbh cars winning and this yr the xr1s r taking over w/ hollidge,winters, covert, satterlee, blair,moreland. Max blair has like 22 wins in one this yr.

What's different in the XR1 car vs a blue / gray ?

He had one on racingjunk for sale said it only had a few races not sure how many they had but I'm assuming that's what he was referring to....I would hope at least

$55,000 xr1 on racingjunk from eddie only 11 races not sure if it's the one he wrecked though I don't know how many they bought

The car Eddie wrecked was not an XR1 car. Those are grovers' cars that they are selling.

As far as the XR1 vs. the blue grey cars they are nothing a like (literally everything is different on them).

Here is my take on the XR1 cars: The cars are built more rigidly than ever before, they have more adjustment than we have ever had in a car. For me as a weekend hack I probably need fewer things to get out of whack. Also, the information doesnt seem to flow downstream very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by talclipse View Post
    Here is my take on the XR1 cars: The cars are built more rigidly than ever before, they have more adjustment than we have ever had in a car. For me as a weekend hack I probably need fewer things to get out of whack. Also, the information doesnt seem to flow downstream very quickly.
    Sounds like plenty of reason to stay blue / grey

That's what I'm thinking. The only Rocket I've ever had is a black front and get excellent drive in the slick. Lots of people have told me if I ever got a blue/grey I would love it. Just inquiring about the xr1 before I buy another car

Is an xr1 really worth $55,000 though??? I got a quote on a new longhorn complete at $29,000 I really don't understand where that extra 20 grand comes in

A new xr1 is not 55 grand.

A xr1 roller from Panchos is $40,675. So depending on how you finish it, 55k may not be out of the question.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!