Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XR-1 Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by MBRCompound View Post
    The problem companies have just selling bare chassis is that they don't want people to hang junk parts on them. Since they are gonna be providing support they wanna know that what you got is what they are most familiar with. Chassis are defiantly important but the parts and components that get hung on them are just as important imo.
    i agree, but when you double the price of a chassis and the main components , i.e. front suspension, that leaves a lot of budget racers like me out, and i guarantee , theres way more budget racers out there than the well healed racers. An example would be bloomers chassis, when they were hot, only the elite could afford one, if he would have worked with the little guy more, he might have had something , but he did not, instead the ones that got them learned from them and passed it own to other builders that would sell there chassis a lot cheaper , i say it was a missed opportunity for bloomer, but thats JMO.....

The bare chassis is $1000 more than the regular blue front. The tub, decking and body installed is $2000 more than the blue front. These cars are not double the price of any other car. The lowers are the exact same from xr1 to blue. so they are not double priced either. You do the math and add up the beat of every component you can get to a full roller. Everything minus engine and its over 35k.They want to put the cars together because a bare frame went to FL. And had to come back to WV to get redone. Alot of us weekly racers can screw things up easily

Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

The price level deal is a crock and will not support a company that mandates it to buy one of their cars. As for Rocket you can not buy a bare XR-1 frame.

So going off Ponchos site it's a 40% increase for the xr-1 over the blue front. Total ripoff!!!

You CAN buy a bare XR-1 chassis

Cool Apples to oranges

It's Pancho's. The XR-1 is a different car than the blue car, structurally, material, etc. So you bash Rocket, based on a dealer's pricing? Look a little more carefully. Scarcity can drive up market prices, basic supply and demand economics. The XR-1 is in high demand ...and scarce. I see Rocket, Capitol and Longhorn, etc. are not on your Christmas card list then? When your good at what you do customers will seek you out . Rocket is a solid business, with excellent research, customer support and a great product.... always have been. ........................................... "So going off Ponchos site it's a 40% increase for the xr-1 over the blue front. Total ripoff!!!"........................................ ............................................... Take a closer look what your getting from PANCHO"S before you shoot your mouth off. ....................................... 2016 "Rocket XR1 Chassis", rear bumper, front bumper, side spiders, door bar, - ALL Powder coated, Full Driver (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit/ tub - installed by Rocket, Complete Deck Kit with extra bent Heavy Duty Option, Aluminum Angle Bracing Kit for the deck, Complete Rocket Aero Body - Fenders, Doors, Quarters, Hood, MD3 composite Roof and leader, Aero Windows and pillars, 2 pc rear spoiler, MD3 Front Nose Kit with lower Valance, MD3 lower rockers, Lightweight Body Brace Kit, and Spring Steel- ALL INSTALLED! Coleman Bearing Adjustable Gas Pedal, Wilwood Brake Pedal dual setup - with 2 Wilwood Mastercylinders, Wilwood Clutch Pedal with Wilwood mastercylinder with Clutch hose kit, 3 Wheel Brake shutoff with in (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit switch, full hard brake lines, and (4) Flexlines for calipers - ALL is Installed by Rocket! From................................$ 14,095.00 .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 2016 Rocket Blue Front Chassis & Deck KIT This car comes like this: Black Powder Coated 2016 brand new Rocket Chassis with front & rear bumper, side door spiders and door bar, rear deck bar, front deck bar - all powder coated black. Drivers TUB in flat black - installed. Rocket Black complete Deck Kit installed with Heavy Duty option. This car also had the Wilwood Brake pedal, clutch pedal with the brake lines installed with Wilwood mastercylinders(3) and includes the 3 wheel brake shut off, also has the in (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit brake adjuster. Car is IN STOCK Now! This car is one of the first 2016 Rockets built - we can add anything you need. PRICE........................... $ 9,195.00
    Last edited by CCHIEF; 08-12-2016 at 09:54 PM.

This dude just went HAM! All I know is I'm happy with the deal I got on ours......and we will be ordering another one if he likes how it drives!

FRAME & BODY KIT Quanity2016.ROCKET.Blue.Front Frame.&.Body.KIT $ 10,948.00 Chromoly Rocket Chassis - Blue Front End 2016 1 PANCHO's Discount 1 Driver (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit - Tub assembly 1 Deck KIT - (all colors) 1 Deck Aluminum Support Kit/ braces 1 Rocket "Body Kit" 1 Heavy Duty DECK Option 1 Chassis Powder Coated & Stress Relieved 1 Rocket Spring Steel "Car Kit" - single 1 Body Brace Lightweight Aluminum Kit 1 MD3 Nose Kit w new style fenders (colors) 1 MD3 Lower Valence KIT (4pc) 1 Plastic Rockers - (car needs 3) 1 Rocket Rear Spoiler - style w/ crush panel RR 1Roof w/ leader - choice of color for roof 1 Labor for Body shop - install complete body and tub 1If your gonna make an attempt at ridiculing me you should really get your info correct. Like I said 40% increase. Do you need me to show you how to figure that out?

I scrolled down and saw the other pricing from them. Something is obviously wrong there. Neither of us is wrong, because that site contradicts itself. How to figure that out is to call Rocket and price both cars, period. No malice intended toward you, just basing it off what is on that site. I'll likely talk with them Monday anyway, and get the real $ deal and availability of a bare chassis.
    Last edited by CCHIEF; 08-13-2016 at 09:46 AM.

There is so much pricing on his site and there isn't any order to it. It's quite confusing.

I think the only difference is the blue price is without a body, just (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

The blue front price I listed is with the body

If you look closely, the xr1 pkg comes with rf shutoff, all brake lines, pedals,and mcs. That's about $1500 parts and labor.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I agree with CCHIEF that something isn't right with either the pricing or description because the xr1 package he listed mentions the brake system and so does the blue front price he listed however the blue front price I listed doesn't mention the brake system but it's more than his lol. Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    Still waiting on this blast of speed from JO switching to XR1, but it ain't happening. He was better in the BWRC, but had bad luck and motor issues. XR1 isn't magic, just the latest flavor. So whats the front end on this one called, Tooty-Fruity or Rocky Road?
    In Joshs case, its called .......LAUNCHING PAD!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Thumbs up

I wonder how Superman will look in the XR1 next year?

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    I wonder how Superman will look in the XR1 next year?
    I would think the same.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I've called all the top people about new cars. Capital was the only one that wouldn't sell me a bare chassis, they wanted to sell me a package. They were probably the highest. Car, uppers, lowers, spindles, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit, deck, lines, pedals, shifters, and birdcages was $17,500
    Longhorn was $14,500, moyer was about the same, Swartz, MastersBilt, and Kryptonite was the cheapest at around $9,000. I'm down to those three.

when i called long horn last year, they told me the least they would sell a chassis was with the lowers and there spindles , that was 10 grand , the lady there sent me a price list and thats what it said, 10 grand up, so my question is , did they tell you 14,500 for a bare frame?