Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
    What goes up, must come down and it hit with a dull thud in 16th, a lap down... Really? Not shaking the car down was what happened, c'mon. I'm sure he'll improve tonight, but according to the NASA diehards this was to be magic, lightning in a bottle, but it was worse than I thought it would be. Jimmy can drive no doubt, but I have to disagree on the, "It's just a lump of tubing" argument. If Rocket was serious about showing what their car can do in the right hands they should've made sure that car was spot on before it left Shinnston and sent a tech man with him. Missed opportunity...
    Hmmmm...missed opportunity? Last night mustve been the shakedown session. Lmao 1st and 3rd tonight, oh yeah thats it tech guy showed up. lmao Anybody that is changing chassis should get a few test in to get the feel for it duh lmao
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Am I really the only one that didn't expect the car to blow out the field the first night out?.....

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Hmmmm...missed opportunity? Last night mustve been the shakedown session. Lmao 1st and 3rd tonight, oh yeah thats it tech guy showed up. lmao Anybody that is changing chassis should get a few test in to get the feel for it duh lmao
    WTH.... I heard ,after Thurs nites fiasco, he had ordered a new Longhorn!

He must have bolted on a "special" set of them Hoosier tars.....it couldn't have anything to do with that new chassis though....roll eyes...afterall its just a bunch of steel welded together! lol
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by stevensracing_6 View Post
    Am I really the only one that didn't expect the car to blow out the field the first night out?.....
    nope...............

As most on here know Im a big Jimmy fan but since there wasnt a test & tune session before he went to florence I knew he wouldnt lap the field lol But since hes had some time in it I think he'll be just fine in the future
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Jimmy ......longhorn.....?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I've never heard of anyone purchasing a chassis and getting a tech man thrown in for free. You Sir are a few french fries short of a happy meal. Your mouth is in gear, but your brain is in neutral.
    I think you missed my point. If you were a prominent car builder like Rocket and one of probably the top 5 active drivers in dlm had been struggling and switched to your car, wouldn't you make an extra effort to make sure he looks good out of the box? That's all I'm saying, we all know the XR-1's can be fast, but like every car built its gotta have the right setup before it can reach its full potential, no matter who is driving. I'm not saying put your own money into it, but make sure he's got the hot setup, it only makes you look that much better. I would.

Jason Feger was looking pretty sporty in his heat Thursday, what kind of car does he have now? Kinda hate he quit building his own stuff, it seem to work real good.
    Last edited by Aces&Eights; 08-13-2016 at 12:53 PM.

I think you missed my point. If you were a prominent car builder like Rocket and one of probably the top 5 active drivers in dlm had been struggling and switched to your car, wouldn't you make an extra effort to make sure he looks good out of the box? That's all I'm saying, we all know the XR-1's can be fast, but like every car built its gotta have the right setup before it can reach its full potential, no matter who is driving. I'm not saying put your own money into it, but make sure he's got the hot setup, it only makes you look that much better. I would. Jason was looking pretty sporty in his heat thursday, what kind of car does he have now? Kinda hate he quit building his own stuff, it seem to work real good.
    He started 1st in the 1st heat and finished 1st. He started at the back of the 2nd heat and finished 3rd. He starts tonights feature from the 5th spot. Guess he looked better than all but 4 drivers

I think you missed my point. If you were a prominent car builder like Rocket and one of probably the top 5 active drivers in dlm had been struggling and switched to your car, wouldn't you make an extra effort to make sure he looks good out of the box? That's all I'm saying, we all know the XR-1's can be fast, but like every car built its gotta have the right setup before it can reach its full potential, no matter who is driving. I'm not saying put your own money into it, but make sure he's got the hot setup, it only makes you look that much better. I would. Jason was looking pretty sporty in his heat thursday, what kind of car does he have now? Kinda hate he quit building his own stuff, it seem to work real good.
    You missed HH25 point.... You are short a few fries.

Thumbs up Congrats to the Newport Nightmare

Wow, Jimmy looked really good last night, just watched it on DoD. He's a sharp chassis guy I knew he'd get it figured out, I guess the car just needed a few tweaks to be wright and a motor change...(LOL) Congrats on a strong run, keep the momentum going into tonight. The O-Show is Back!

Moyer was looking pretty good and The Real Deal was on a mission, wow.
    Last edited by Aces&Eights; 08-13-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Wow, Jimmy looked really good last night, just watched it on DoD. He's a sharp chassis guy I knew he'd get it figured out, I guess the car just needed a few tweaks to be wright and a motor change...(LOL) Congrats on a strong run, keep the momentum going into tonight. The O-Show is Back!

What was Bloomer on.........never mind!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

When did Owens change engine builders? And that Rocket tweak seems to really work since he was the last car on the lead lap both Thursday and Saturday. Yep, he's back alright. If he's so smart with chassis, then why the need to be in his third chassis brand in 2.5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfanbob View Post
    When did Owens change engine builders? And that Rocket tweak seems to really work since he was the last car on the lead lap both Thursday and Saturday. Yep, he's back alright. If he's so smart with chassis, then why the need to be in his third chassis brand in 2.5 years?
    4th- Bloomer, Disco29, Wright, and now Red Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Yet you expect a change of pace from the 20?
    Did I say anywhere in anything I posted ever he was going to now be Bloomer with the switch to an XR1? Nope. Could he do much worse, not really. He had to change, is this the right move, I dunno. But he has for the most part run like sh!t. If he'd switched to Longhorn, would you be so critical of the switch?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

What goes up, must come down and it hit with a dull thud in 16th, a lap down...
    Really? Not shaking the car down was what happened, c'mon. I'm sure he'll improve tonight, but according to the NASA diehards this was to be magic, lightning in a bottle, but it was worse than I thought it would be. Jimmy can drive no doubt, but I have to disagree on the, "It's just a lump of tubing" argument. If Rocket was serious about showing what their car can do in the right hands they should've made sure that car was spot on before it left Shinnston and sent a tech man with him. Missed opportunity...
    That statement was directed at MR. Of course they aren't, but to think one is magical and the other is scrap steel because you don't like Josh and Mark is ludicrous. It's all in what fits your style.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

It's obvious Jimmy doesn't have the car set up as good as Josh's yet. Owens had to run the top most of the night where as Josh's car sticks to the middle night after night. Give the O Show time. He'll figure it out. Guaranteed.
    8/13/16

I think if they can hit the setup and get his driving style and the car to work together it will be a pretty good pair just will take a few races

I think if they can hit the setup and get his driving style and the car to work together it will be a pretty good pair just will take a few races
    Could have done that with the Wright car. Or is Moran just that much better?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I think one of the worst thing is a chassis builder is to have a house car. 1. They are always going to be accused of not giving their customers the same set up as the house car especially if the house driver is their son. 2. They will start building cars to fit the house driver instead of what most customers need. Yes they need a car for testing but not competing against their paying customers.

^^^^^^^^ Agree 110%