Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I get you don't like Rocket for whatever reason, but Josh has been tearing it up as well. And most of the guys with XR1's like them and are running well. I think Mark and Josh will give him info. He's a valuable asset on the other series.

Carrier who I like a lot, had waayyyy more issues than just the car. Not sure how you're going to compare Eddies terrible running, with every other Rocket. But since it fits your opinion, I guess so.
    There is little to no change in most guys with those cars. It is just a chassis.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    The only thing Norma ever said that made sense, Cornett motors are as good as you can get, But they are expensive!! But on the other hand all motors are expensive. I seen a check back in 2008 for 2 Cornett motors, I could have bought a small farm!
    Now now little buddy. Just because I don't dumb things down to your level doesn't mean they don't make sense. I gotta say though, you are one of my favorite people on 4m because it's always so cute when you try to throw a zinger. Brings a smile to my face, like when a little kid is trying to reach something on the top shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    There is little to no change in most guys with those cars. It is just a chassis.
    Same can be said for all of them. They are all just bars of steel welded together.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Same can be said for all of them. They are all just bars of steel welded together.
    That last sentence is a great descriptor for the early longhorn program........how EPJ drove that beast to the dtwc is beyond me.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Now now little buddy. Just because I don't dumb things down to your level doesn't mean they don't make sense. I gotta say though, you are one of my favorite people on 4m because it's always so cute when you try to throw a zinger. Brings a smile to my face, like when a little kid is trying to reach something on the top shelf.
    Not so sure about toast but there are quite a few other short kids that frequent 4m.........or so I've noticed lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    That last sentence is a great descriptor for the early longhorn program........how EPJ drove that beast to the dtwc is beyond me.
    Hes known to have them special tars, TOO!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Hes known to have them special tars, TOO!
    They would have needed magic carpets on all 4 corners to make that anchor go.....

Yet you expect a change of pace from the 20?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Not sure if Jimmy was in the new XR-1 tonight at Florence or not wasn't there due to work schedule but, he finished 16th. So do you all think it's the powerplant possibly? or Chris Fox's absence? Or maybe a combination of the two? Like someone stated earlier maybe a Sweet-Bloomquist chassis, Cornett engine, and the return of Chris would put him back on top. Not really sure...

He was in the xr1 tonight

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsforracin View Post
    Not sure if Jimmy was in the new XR-1 tonight at Florence or not wasn't there due to work schedule but, he finished 16th. So do you all think it's the powerplant possibly? or Chris Fox's absence? Or maybe a combination of the two? Like someone stated earlier maybe a Sweet-Bloomquist chassis, Cornett engine, and the return of Chris would put him back on top. Not really sure...
    I wonder if he even got to stop somewhere and get a lil practice in to shake down that car
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

What goes up, must come down and it hit with a dull thud in 16th, a lap down...
    Really? Not shaking the car down was what happened, c'mon. I'm sure he'll improve tonight, but according to the NASA diehards this was to be magic, lightning in a bottle, but it was worse than I thought it would be. Jimmy can drive no doubt, but I have to disagree on the, "It's just a lump of tubing" argument. If Rocket was serious about showing what their car can do in the right hands they should've made sure that car was spot on before it left Shinnston and sent a tech man with him. Missed opportunity...

The new XR1 looks good, Owens looks like he may be down on power. I know compared to Bloomquist they are all down about 100hp, if you seen Bloomer in qualifying...

Owens car looks good thou, right attitude around the track, seems to square up and go off the corner. I noticed him and Erb really dicing it up in the heat race, both really wanted that bottom groove.

Just say no...

It's hard to get to the top of any sport, It's even harder staying at the top!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
    Really? Not shaking the car down was what happened, c'mon. I'm sure he'll improve tonight, but according to the NASA diehards this was to be magic, lightning in a bottle, but it was worse than I thought it would be. Jimmy can drive no doubt, but I have to disagree on the, "It's just a lump of tubing" argument. If Rocket was serious about showing what their car can do in the right hands they should've made sure that car was spot on before it left Shinnston and sent a tech man with him. Missed opportunity...
    Pretty sure this ranks close to the top of ignorant comments on this thread.

What goes up, must come down and it hit with a dull thud in 16th, a lap down... Really? Not shaking the car down was what happened, c'mon. I'm sure he'll improve tonight, but according to the NASA diehards this was to be magic, lightning in a bottle, but it was worse than I thought it would be. Jimmy can drive no doubt, but I have to disagree on the, "It's just a lump of tubing" argument. If Rocket was serious about showing what their car can do in the right hands they should've made sure that car was spot on before it left Shinnston and sent a tech man with him. Missed opportunity...
    How was McDowell in the Sweet Bloomquist? You do know that high profile guys have their own shock packages and engine choices.... If you were such an expert you could figure out what the two winningest cars have in common... But I will help you out they have Fords built by the same guy... More to it than chassis. Maybe Jimmy could hire you for tech help you seem to be an expert on everything. But glad to see you come back Supereight after you said you were retiring from 4m. We all should be honored to have such an expert like you to keep us informed on 4m.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 08-12-2016 at 11:49 AM.

Seriously gonna question the power plant in the car? Those guys were 3/4 throttle most of the night. You don't need big HP on a slick Florence track. They just missed it last night. Track will change 1000 times by the 100th lap sat night

If he really didn't get to test it any before last night, then it's only natural that it will take some laps to figure out the differences in this car vs. the others. I would look for him to be more competitive in it than last night pretty quickly.

Just got the heat race win in that rocket. Didn't look bad. 0 was coming hard from the tail but big turn around from the anchor he drove last night

I've never heard of anyone purchasing a chassis and getting a tech man thrown in for free. You Sir are a few french fries short of a happy meal. Your mouth is in gear, but your brain is in neutral.
    8/13/16