Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    I think one of the worst thing is a chassis builder is to have a house car. 1. They are always going to be accused of not giving their customers the same set up as the house car especially if the house driver is their son. 2. They will start building cars to fit the house driver instead of what most customers need. Yes they need a car for testing but not competing against their paying customers.
    And just who are you referring to? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Hmmmm...missed opportunity? Last night mustve been the shakedown session. Lmao 1st and 3rd tonight, oh yeah thats it tech guy showed up. lmao Anybody that is changing chassis should get a few test in to get the feel for it duh lmao
    You were saying...

I'd like to have Jimmy get one of the Moyer cars. Jimmy has a smooth driving style, a lot like old man Moyer. The xr1 and longhorns seem to the type of car that need to hustled to be good in. He may prove me wrong, but I just feel like the Moyer car would be more to his style.

Still wasn't a terrible weekend, it being the first weekend out in a new car. Time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Could have done that with the Wright car. Or is Moran just that much better?
    @ MR ,Thank you. I think Moran's current situation is going to teach him some good habits for a long career, unlike some of the other throttle stompers who tend to crash more often than not.

@ CnBFan, I don't hate anyone, not sure where all that nonsense came from about Josh and Mark, they build a great car..

Two things everyone needs to remember:
    1- if you're more than a steering wheel holder, you can make anything work, regardless of what brand it is. If you understand what makes a car work, give feedback to your crew, they know how to make the adjustments, then it's golden. Doesn't matter if pierce and Richards happen to drive cars their dads build....what the h@ll else would they drive? Yes, maybe some business decisions are based off their feedback but doesn't appear to hurt rocket in sales any. Both josh and Bobby are wheelmen that get up on it and look like they are trying and want to win. You ever seen either of them just riding around for points?
    2- He who holds the checkbook controls the decisions....and that goes to Jimmy, Bobby, josh, and anyone else who isn't paying their own racing bills. (my wife reminds me of this often)

Looked pretty d@mn good runnin with Davenport in the ultimate series

Does anyone know what the XR1 stands for?

Quote Originally Posted by WRC11 View Post
    Does anyone know what the XR1 stands for?
    2" x 4" is read 2 by 4

R is for Rumley

1 is for the first design

Just a guess.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

^^^^^^^^ That's funny (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) lol. Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if that's true lol

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfanbob View Post
    Two things everyone needs to remember:1- if you're more than a steering wheel holder, you can make anything work, regardless of what brand it is. If you understand what makes a car work, give feedback to your crew, they know how to make the adjustments, then it's golden. Doesn't matter if pierce and Richards happen to drive cars their dads build....what the h@ll else would they drive? Yes, maybe some business decisions are based off their feedback but doesn't appear to hurt rocket in sales any. Both josh and Bobby are wheelmen that get up on it and look like they are trying and want to win. You ever seen either of them just riding around for points? 2- He who holds the checkbook controls the decisions....and that goes to Jimmy, Bobby, josh, and anyone else who isn't paying their own racing bills. (my wife reminds me of this often)
    I don't see anything wrong with a chassis builders son being the driver. Especially when it is a driver that is well capable of the job. Would the haters feel better if Bobby and Josh weren't the drivers that they are. I think it is great that Bob and Mark get to work with their sons and be successful as a team. Who on earth wouldn't want to work with their own son or daughter to be successful? Only selfish jealous people would think otherwise. Maybe the haters would feel better if Bobby drove for Mark and Josh drove for Bob.... Pretty sure they both would still be winning.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 08-26-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Onlyfacts please refrain from using Bobby and Josh in the same sentence. Especially, I mean extra especially when it come to driving ability. Could Bob Pierce find a better driver for the 32 car? Absolutely! Could Mark find a better driver for the 1 car? Maybe but you better get a seat at the table because the Pickens are thin! Bobby will get there without a doubt but he isn't anywhere near Richards ability right now.
    Last edited by Centeroff; 08-26-2016 at 05:26 PM.