Default LR drop questions

02 black front w/ 604
    I got the car handling near perfect but just don't get up much on the left rear....so tonight I got to messing with the car in the shop and discovered the traction shock is limiting hike. At full extension of the traction shock I was only around 11" of drop. No big deal so I fixed up a chain, unhooked the traction shock and put the jack under the seat and at only 12 1/4" my spring behind is off the coiliver by over 2" and my LR tire looks to be barely on the ground...not to the point of being able to turn it but, it's for sure not touching much.
    Back shock has 2" extension with mount on inside of birdcage. Mounted in bottom holes.
    Front shock also 2" extension, mounted in top holes, bracket turned for max travel.
    12" rear springs
    LRT is short bar on ext bracket top hole. Top hole on birdcage.
    LRB in middle hole
    LR drop is something I've never messed with. Should I be running a longer spring? Could the extreme angle of the short bar be binding something?
    I'm a little hesitant about changing too much because on track it does everything right. I'm just curious as to why it doesn't hike very much.

What hole is your lr top bar in on the frame. Should be able to get up to 13.5" drop no problem. Lr spring is supposed to be a 14" but lots have went to a 16" so it stays loaded even when up on the cars

The extension bracket is in the top holes as well as the bar

If you maintain ride height, longer spring won't stay loaded longer unless it is softer.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Using a 230lb left rear spring.
    I think for ease I will just add a chassis drop bracket to the traction shock and try it. Otherwise if I switched to a longer spring, I'd be out of adjustment on my coilover and still not make it down to ride height therefore needing a longer shock. And if the drop was 13 1/2 the rear steer would move it way more than I want it.

Thats why you cant get anymore drop, lr top bar has too much angle in it. We pretty much never go above the std race hole on the lr top bar

Quote Originally Posted by phenom08 View Post
    Thats why you cant get anymore drop, lr top bar has too much angle in it. We pretty much never go above the std race hole on the lr top bar
    You using the long or short bar? I don't know that it would matter, just curious

short bars

Quote Originally Posted by phenom08 View Post
    Yep, you can't go that high on the bracket with the short LR upper. Lower Lr upper rod on frame,....... IF you want more drop, that is what is limiting it. LRB in middle hole, I assume 3 holes. Spring length is irrelevant unless your running a real soft spring, or running out of adjustment on coilover nut.
    Last edited by CCHIEF; 08-12-2016 at 03:48 PM.

Default LR drop questions

How can one move instead of copying a track from a playlist to another playlist with drag & drop?