Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default We Have Lost A True Racer

My heart is so heavy this morning that I don't really feel like doing anything.

With the passing of Bryan Clauson we've lost not only a great and versatile driver but a powerful advocate of the sport we all love. Bryan was getting into the promotional aspect of racing. His name, and the star power and credibility it contained, was just beginning to make it's mark beyond the drivers seat.

I am so sad this morning, as I'm sure many of you are, as well. A painful void is now where a truly great young racer once was.

Jason Leffler a few years ago and now Bryan. These things are not supposed to happen. He was so good that is seems almost impossible for Bryan to be in a position for this to happen. If there is anything that makes sense about this it is that Bryan was leading the A-main at the time of the crash. He went out while in a position that he, and us as fans, were very familiar with.

Our sincerest condolences go to Tim & Diana Clauson and to Lauren Stewart, Bryan's long time girl friend and companion.

God Speed and rest in peace Bryan, you were one of the very best.

Horrible news.

this is a tough day to swallow this down i have seen BC at many tracks in indiana racing midget usac and wing sprints he may not have won every race but he always gave 110%.RIP Bryan Clauson.

Absolutely stunned by this news. I had the pleasure of working with BC when I worked at Stantons and he was always top notch in my book. RIP BC !!

Dirt track racing and the world as a whole has been lessened a bit by this tragedy. Racing and the world will go on but both are diminished somewhat.

For those who are located in the area and are so inclined to join.
    There will be a prayer and remembrance gathering at Lawrenceburg Speedway tonight. Monday Aug 8th at 7:00 PM. In the main grandstand. This is a wonderful and fitting gesture by the folks who run "The Burg".

Sad day for racing.

SO sad and so Sorry for his Friends and Family ..a Life lost so tragedy Lost just dont seam right...In the Flash of a Eye He is gone and we all Cry....He won in life, so lets remember him for the Good in his Death....A Mom should not see a son Die, but some times it happens.. Someone close to them please let them know the WORLD Crys with them.. It may not help them now but in time they will know that he was Loved and will be missed ...I was watching TV this morning and I just sat and cry-ed when they said he had pasted a way... After seeing the carsh on Vid I know it was not Good..So Bryan may you be at Peace with God and some day I hope too see you agen when I come your way,,,,
    Grieving ..............................Gary

RIP Bryan thoughts and prayers for his family
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    SO sad and so Sorry for his Friends and Family ..a Life lost so tragedy Lost just dont seam right...In the Flash of a Eye He is gone and we all Cry....He won in life, so lets remember him for the Good in his Death....A Mom should not see a son Die, but some times it happens.. Someone close to them please let them know the WORLD Crys with them.. It may not help them now but in time they will know that he was Loved and will be missed ...I was watching TV this morning and I just sat and cry-ed when they said he had pasted a way... After seeing the carsh on Vid I know it was not Good..So Bryan may you be at Peace with God and some day I hope too see you agen when I come your way,,,,
    Grieving ..............................Gary
    Well said Gary.

Who could ever forget that smile. Rest in peace.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

For the People that are saying its time to stop Sprints and cars like them cause there not safe (From what I have seen in the News)... I say If i could die in a race car instead of in my sleep from what I am sick of ..GIVE Me a race car...He could have Died from a cab running him over and he still be dead... He die doing what he Love.. Thats all that matters.He LOVED it .... So sad hes gone ...Racing Must go on or He be MAD........

Very sad day in racing great guy great racer Clausen family you are in our thoughts and prayers RIP Bryan
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    For the People that are saying its time to stop Sprints and cars like them cause there not safe (From what I have seen in the News)... I say If i could die in a race car instead of in my sleep from what I am sick of ..GIVE Me a race car...He could have Died from a cab running him over and he still be dead... He die doing what he Love.. Thats all that matters.He LOVED it .... So sad hes gone ...Racing Must go on or He be MAD........
    Gary, I haven't heard any of these calls for the end of short track open wheel racing but I've been scrambling trying to catch up from being in Kansas since Tuesday and haven't watched much TV or read much on the internet.

13 high school football players died as a result of on field injuries during the 2015 season. Haven't heard anyone suggest that high school football cease to be played. At least not yet.

May he rest in peace.

Here is the official Clauson family statement concerning the passing of Bryan.

Clauson Family Statement:

Last night, the 7th of August, we said goodbye to our son, my fiancé, our friend, Bryan Clauson. He was surrounded by family and friends and we were grateful that we could experience his final moments with him.

Our Bryan fought to the end with the same desire that he demonstrated behind the wheel of all the various race cars he would park in victory lane. However, we were more proud of our Bryan that took a moment to make a young fans day, or demonstrated his uncommon kindness and appreciation toward his friends, family and fans.

We would like to thank everybody who has shown their concern toward us and kept us in their prayers. We will never be able to truly thank you. We would also like to thank the staff at Bryan Medical Center who stood and fought with our Bryan since he arrived here early yesterday morning.

We know that our Bryan is also your Bryan and that you would like to participate in honoring him. A service will be held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway at a date and time to be announced soon. In lieu of flowers, or to make a donation, people may direct their contributions to the USAC Benevolent Fund website at http://usacbf.org/cash-donation/ or checks can be made out to the USAC Benevolent Foundation in the name of Bryan Clauson. The address is 124 E Northfield Drive, Suite F #129, Brownsburg, IN 46112.

Thank you for being a part of our Bryan's life.

-The Clauson Family

Very sad day for the racing community. He was a true racer. Maybe somebody will improve the safety of those types of cars because of this, I love midget and sprint racing, but would like to see more safety improvements, what that is I don't know or I would say it. Could something as simple as an airbag programmed by a small processor and tilt meter that once the car goes over it activates? Putting a cushion above the cage, but then would it block the driver getting out safely... I don't have the answer.

I do see more people calling for high school football to be done away with and or not letting thier children play, we all know football deaths and or injuries happen but for some reason, social media with Chevy, Bryan's fan friendly attitude, his ability to wheel a car... Whatever the reasons this really hits home, the loss of Bryan Clauson is devastating.

Very, very, sad day. I feel pretty lucky to have watched him just 9 days ago at The Jackson Motorplex run a 360 and a 410. Prayers for his family and friends and his was to be wife. This guy was the odds on favorite to win Badlands wingless and winged Gold Cup and collect a extra $25,000.

he was the favorite to win any non wing race he was in.....he was the best no winger in the country!!!