Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Weather for the North South 100

Seems like every year at the North South 100 it rains. Long-term forecast is saying no different about this weekend. Luckily Florence speedway always does the best to get this track race ready no matter how much rain they get. Just wish we could get a nice weekend for once.

Maybe a 4 o'clock shower every day would be just the thing.

First of all, who watches weather forecasts anymore besides the insanely gullible? They're all bogus and never right. Secondly, with 3 straight days of racing a daily storm is a good thing. The track will need the water. The forecast of a daily storm and high humidity is ideal for track conditions and would make it more likely for me to attend because Florence has the equipment and motivation to get shows in. I already have my tickets so I'm going regardless, but daily storm chances should entice more people to go because it reduces the chances of a bad race.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 08-08-2016 at 05:57 PM.

locally they're say 30% on thur and fri and 40% on sat. just afternoon showers . they've said that everyday for 2 weeks and it still hasn't rained in most places once.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    First of all, who watches weather forecasts anymore besides the insanely gullible? They're all bogus and never right. Secondly, with 3 straight days of racing a daily storm is a good thing. The track will need the water. The forecast of a daily storm and high humidity is ideal for track conditions and would make it more likely for me to attend because Florence has the equipment and motivation to get shows in. I already have my tickets so I'm going regardless, but daily storm chances should entice more people to go because it reduces the chances of a bad race.
    Anybody that farms or lives along the coastline during storm season watches weather forecasts a lot.........and they are right more than they are wrong has been my experience.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Anybody that farms or lives along the coastline during storm season watches weather forecasts a lot.........and they are right more than they are wrong has been my experience.
    In this part of the country they are 100% useless.

Keep your eye on Cincinnati Channel 12 between 4:30 and 6pm. Erica Collura has been mentioning The North South 100 during her forecast.

Quote Originally Posted by RTW View Post
    Keep your eye on Cincinnati Channel 12 between 4:30 and 6pm. Erica Collura has been mentioning The North South 100 during her forecast.
    I guarantee she is clueless too, just like all the others. I wish one time they would just tell the truth and say "we have no freakin clue".

I agree that track does always do a great job getting the track in shape. If you read my post it says that. I said it would be nice to go sometime and it just be a dry weekend. They have water trucks for that reason. And yes I do watch the weather often. I have 700 acres that depends on the weather.

Tuesday
    08/09
    87 | 74 °F
    Tuesday 80% Precip. / 0.22 in
    Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread in the afternoon. High 87F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
    Tuesday Night 40% Precip. / 0.12 in
    Mostly cloudy with scattered thunderstorms mainly before midnight. Low 74F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.

Wednesday
    08/10
    87 | 74 °F
    Wednesday 80% Precip. / 0.14 in
    Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread in the afternoon. High 87F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%.
    Wednesday Night 20% Precip. / 0 in
    Partly cloudy. Low 74F. Winds light and variable.

Thursday
    08/11
    89 | 74 °F
    Thursday 60% Precip. / 0.06 in
    Partly cloudy in the morning followed by scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 89F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
    Thursday Night 50% Precip. / 0.07 in
    Scattered thunderstorms in the evening. Partly cloudy skies overnight. Low 74F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Friday
    08/12
    87 | 75 °F
    Friday 20% Precip. / 0 in
    Partly cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 87F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Friday Night 30% Precip. / 0.02 in
    Isolated thunderstorms during the evening, then partly cloudy overnight. Low near 75F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Saturday
    08/13
    85 | 73 °F
    Saturday 60% Precip. / 0.18 in
    Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. High around 85F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
    Saturday Night 60% Precip. / 0.12 in
    Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Low 73F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.

Sunday
    08/14
    82 | 69 °F
    Sunday 60% Precip. / 0.26 in
    Scattered thunderstorms. High 82F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
    Sunday Night 60% Precip. / 0.34 in
    Scattered thunderstorms in the evening, then variable clouds overnight with more showers at times. Low 69F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkeredflag1015 View Post
    I agree that track does always do a great job getting the track in shape. If you read my post it says that. I said it would be nice to go sometime and it just be a dry weekend. They have water trucks for that reason. And yes I do watch the weather often. I have 700 acres that depends on the weather.
    Water trucks can't take the place of a good storm. We need daily storms this weekend, preferably not after 5:00 though.

In this part of the country they are 100% useless.
    Y'all must buy a lot of umbrellas up there..........I think I get what your saying about race forecasting when it's the 30 and 40 percent crap a week out.....that's like pissin in the wind , literally.

But when I see real cold coming or real nasty storm looking stuff coming ......I depend on them to make my decisions.

Water trucks can't take the place of a good storm. We need daily storms this weekend, preferably not after 5:00 though.
    That would be the ideal setup..........

My first time at Florence was last year, weather was perfect. I look at all these forecasts and see the rain chances but you guys saying Florence is known for trying their best to get a show in makes me feel a lot better. In my neck of the woods a dark cloud can pass over and they cancel a show. I sure hope they get all 3 days in because it should be an epic weekend.

I was at the North South a couple years ago and it rained like pouring piss out of a boot about an hour before the show. Still ran it, and it was good racing too. I think it was the first year of the new format.

Yes I remember that as well. Like I said the track has always done everything possible to get a race in and I'm sure will do even more on a big weekend like this. I would say we are good to go. As long as it's not a complete washout we will be fine and if it does beer taste good in the rain too.

Default Where?

Where are y'all seeing 30 or 40% chance on Saturday? The weather channel is saying 90%, that is not an afternoon shower. Hopefully, it will change.

They should get all the shows in, steady rain cause shows to cancel, not thunderstorms blowing through. Forecast will change early and often the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by upaginit in North GA View Post
    Where are y'all seeing 30 or 40% chance on Saturday? The weather channel is saying 90%, that is not an afternoon shower. Hopefully, it will change.
    Apparently you have no idea what 90% means. It means they're guessing that 90% of the area will see a storm. The percentage has absolutely nothing to do with the quantity of precipitation.

if i attended races off of a forecast i'd been setting at home all year. been a chance of rain everyday pretty much for last 2 months.
    2018 races: 11
    Atomic (2), 201(5), Eldora(1), Florence (3)