Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Sycamore (IL) Speedway: 4 Bar Super Late Models $3,000 to win. Sat., August 27th 2016

via Dirt On Dirt website

Sycamore Speedway
    Sycamore, Illinois
    www.sycamorespeedway.com

Saturday, August 27th 2016
    "Summer Sizzler"
    4 Bar Super Late Model $3,000 to win & Racing 50 laps.
    PLUS
    Late Models
    Pure Stocks (V8)
    Modified Compacts

PRICES
    Pit Passes - $30.00
    General Admission Adults (12 & Up) - $12.00
    General Admission Kids Ages 5-11 - $5.00
    General Admission Kids 4 & Under - FREE

Pit Gates Open @ 4:00pm
    Grandstand Open at 4:00pm
    Hot Laps @ 6:00pm
    Time Trials @ 6:30pm
    Racing Starts @ 7:30pm
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Looking forward to it. It's about time they put up some cash and hope they get a full field of cars. $12 and cheap beers. Stands pretty full each week. The only problem, the place is non sanctioned, so I don't know if UMP guys will show. When they did the "big show" a few years back, not a solid turnout.

nobody shows on Saturdays. They all rather watch the hillbilly action on Friday nights. Such a shame

Whats this, "4 Bar Super Late Models" mean? So Swing Arms can't race...

Sycamore has always sort of been/done their own thing, so as a result, their "Late Models" are actually Street Stocks. Their "Super late Models" used to be the equivalent of a Sportsman (stock stub, steel block, 390 cfm). They have since opened that class up to include fabricated chassis' with a 3-Link.

So they refer to actual Late Models as "4-Bar Super Late Models" just as a distinction. The only rules I've seen them even look at are weight and wheel base, so I'd think a swingarm is legal. For the past few years they have run the 4-Bar cars every other week. They're getting a decent turnout and have stepped up pay overall. Don't quote me, but I believe a regular show has been paying $150 to start and $1200 to win. If they get over 15 cars (I think that's the over/under number) they pay $1500 to win.

It's legit racing for sure...a diamond in the rough if you will. Lil' John Provenzano and his kid/s run there. There are a number of guys who are very tough (Markham's and Olson) and the arguable "hot shot" is Mike Mataragas in an Xr1. My only knock on the place is it typically doesn't develop a cushion so it tends to be one lane around the bottom. But smooth and slick...good clean racing.

They've got a good thing going so if you're in the area it's worth a visit. They're definitely doing their part to help "save" Late Model racing in our area. I would think this race will draw a few guys from Wisconsin and maybe someone like Billy Drake (or any non-points chaser).

Looking forward to the race. Would be nice to see about 20 plus cars show up. $3000 is a nice top prize. Racing in the 4 bar class has been great all year long there.

They have been consistently getting 16+ cars every week and i hope more with the increased pay hopefully more. Racing has been better this year the tracks has been different this year as there has been a cushion in 3 and 4 but 1 and 2 ususally doesn't get one but still have more grooves

Probably wont get any Wisconsin guys for it as they have a $5,000 to win Corn Belt Clash show that night at the Plymouth Dirt Track.
    2012 events: 40 - 2013 events: 29 - 2014 events: 26 - 2015 events: 29
    2016 events: 37 nights: - 2017 Events- 43 - 2018 Events- 43 -2019 Events: 43 Nights

2020 Events: 31 total - Plymouth(WI): 8 - Shawano: 1 - Outagamie: 2 - Cedar Lake: 4 - Mississippi Thunder: 3 - Beaver Dam: 1 - Gravity Park: 2 - Lafayette County: 2 - SK Speedway: 1 - Wilmot: 2 - 300 Raceway: 1 - Fairbury: 2 - Davenport: 1 - LaSalle: 1

17 4 bars at Syc tonight.

I wasn't there but it sounds like they had 27 LM's........Schmitt, Parker, Bell, Drake (fast time), and the regulars. Looks like it rained out with only qualifying in (for the LM's) so they are apparently rescheduling it......."soon" as their Facebook page says. I'm not sure if it will be a completely new show. Could lose some who were there, but could also pick up some additional cars. Had the makings for a good race nonetheless!

For sure on the 10th? That stinks. Same weekend as world 100. Will lose mataragas Schmitt, and some of the markhams would be my guess because of going to world. Is it starting over or only the cars that qual only allowed back. That rain really sucked. Had the making to be a really good show. With about 10 cars that all could of won it.

I doubt schmitt will go to the world

This had all the makings of a good night, darn storm kinda came out of nowhere. I'm sure the makeup date could bring new cars as well. All other local/ regional tracks either not running that weekend or closed for season. I like going to the track but why do they qualify 4 cyl among other things that lag a program. Fast dashes in all classes, warm/ lineup/ caution laps 5- plus circuits etc. They need to push the show on a regular basis. I don't see that often there. With young ones I often have to leave without seeing full program. Get the night moving. I get it, no curfew. But I didn't see urgency with the chance of weather. in area. The segment on Dirt on Dirt a few weeks back explained why it's so important to move shows along in 3-4 hours. Pill draw the darn 4's and street stock (Sycamore Latemodels). Now they did all they could after first rain to keep show going. I applaud that. But if there was more urgency I and spoke to a few others that agree all heats could atleast been run through by first rain fall. I hope the 10 th goes well. And I know this race attracted fans from a pretty good distance too. But move the show along.

Agree. 100 %. They hot lap and then qual every division there. Crazy. They have 6 cars there and they are qualifying them? I stopped taking my kids there on fri night because it's 1130 till the demos start (which is why the kids want to go). And by that time the kids are sleeping. I have been saying for a while that you need to make races more kid and family friendly. Most promotors don't get it, Only care about beer sales not who's going to be supporting the track 20 years from now. you have to get them hooked when they are young.

like our track 2 Fridays ago they had the bike race for kids at 1145 pm then this week meet the drivers at 11 pm

Wow. And they wonder why the sport is dying.

plus changing the schedule around week after week and worried about other tracks will being

Sycamore speedway 3000 to win is this sat. Not sept 10 th like some people thought. Looks like total re qualifying so must be open to anyone who wants to show up. I hope the same amount of talent shows up at least, if not more!!

Anyone know if drake, Schmitt, and bell will Returning? Anybody new going to show up?

I'd be surprised if they do. Fairbury running $3000 too (Schmidt) and Bell might be going for ALMS points in Ohio. Hope there's the same amount of cars.