Default Mod Lite 3 link and a big wheelie

Car is fast but on the tight side with a little push from middle out if not driven hard
    3 wheel wheelie from hell that I can't seem to get rid of - carries LF about 1' off the ground - I added a limit strap to LF and it is helping some but still wheelies

Track is a 1/5 mile med banked bullring with a ton of grip - no big cars only scale cars

Mod Lite - 1330lbs with driver - 72" wheelbase - 60" track width

3 link -24" LR at 5deg up - 24" RB at 11deg up - 12" Top link is solid at 20deg down and centered

12" Straight short bar 1 hole above pinion center at QC and 2.5" higher on Chassis at (20deg) down

Spring - LF - 200, RF- 180, LR- 175, RR- 160
    Scale numbers - Left - 52%, Rear - 57%, Cross 48%- NO Bite, even up

I took all the bite out and moved RB up/LB down and it was better but still wheelies in grip on this bullring track

Out of ideas - do I need more RR spring? Chain down LR? Flatten out top link?

The wheelie is hard to drive in traffic and less than predictable to hit marks for lift points etc in traffic.

Thanks!

Default Wheelie

Quote Originally Posted by dukesracin View Post
    Car is fast but on the tight side with a little push from middle out if not driven hard
    3 wheel wheelie from hell that I can't seem to get rid of - carries LF about 1' off the ground - I added a limit strap to LF and it is helping some but still wheelies

Track is a 1/5 mile med banked bullring with a ton of grip - no big cars only scale cars

Mod Lite - 1330lbs with driver - 72" wheelbase - 60" track width

3 link -24" LR at 5deg up - 24" RB at 11deg up - 12" Top link is solid at 20deg down and centered

12" Straight short bar 1 hole above pinion center at QC and 2.5" higher on Chassis at (20deg) down

Spring - LF - 200, RF- 180, LR- 175, RR- 160
    Scale numbers - Left - 52%, Rear - 57%, Cross 48%- NO Bite, even up

I took all the bite out and moved RB up/LB down and it was better but still wheelies in grip on this bullring track

Out of ideas - do I need more RR spring? Chain down LR? Flatten out top link?

The wheelie is hard to drive in traffic and less than predictable to hit marks for lift points etc in traffic.

Thanks!

A few things not mentioned could add rebound to LR shock, could put static tilt in car lowering LS ride heights and or raising right side, add stagger. Switch rear springs going to positive split.

Thanks - I will try adding some LR rebound first and see if it helps then maybe swap springs around across the back. Appreciate the feedback

Added some spring to RR - put in a 180 and also to RF - put in a 200. So now it sits with 200 across the front and 180s across the back.

Car was super tight in practice after rain hit the track had a ton of grip - real heavy
    Added some stagger to RR, added two turns to length of right bar and moved it up one hole, and moved spacer off the RF and put it on the LF to offset front track from rear track width (RR out/RF in)
    Car was very fast just had trouble passing, no more wheelie!

Any thoughts? Again the track was very heavy and the after the rain we were first feature so the groove was still narrow - top was way too slick for passing

Heavy tracks are hard to pass on especially when it's single lane, I would say for ultra heavy you could posture or tilt the car by lowering left side ride heights this will keep the car from getting as far over or to center and loosen it up all the way around, also as night goes and track slicks you can take this tilt back out pretty easy