Default Cam follower/Slider wearing extremely fast

i have a completely redone 2.3 d port stock head that had bigger valves put in, solid lifters, new cam followers/sliders, all new bearings and seals, brand new valve springs and retainers valve guides and seals and brand new crower cam ordered from Esslinger which all of the parts were ordered from. i had all installed by professional engine shop. Ever since i got the head back i have had MAJOR problems out of one of the cam followers on the head. It wore down one of the cam followers so bad within 2 or 3 races that it broke in half. So i put a new follower on and re adjusted the lash and i run 2 races and the follower wore down so much in the last race that it got so loose and fell off the valve and lifter. And it is the same follower every time. Something isnt right and i cannot figure out what it is. The cam is oiling for sure on the bad lifter because i cranked over and seen it oiling without valve cover on. valves were always adjusted to correct lash. I am baffeled because this is basically a totally brand new head fresh from the engine shop. ANY help if very much appreciated. Thanks alot

You purchased everything /camkit from esslinger? Nothing in the kit didn't come from them?

Remember your cam is oiling from back to front. If this is the #1 cylinder followers then think about oiling. #4 I'd be thinking float/geometry.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Now that i think back i bought the retainers from them, but the engine builder said they wouldnt be strong enough so he bought a titanium set of them. other than that everything is from esslinger. and i cant remember if it is the intake or exhaust but it is on the 4th cylinder. Thanks

Put a degree wheel on the cam pulley and a dial indicator on the follower at zero lash and map the action every 5 cam degrees on a chart. Do this on one that isn't wearing and then on the one that is with a good follower.

I'd definitely zero lash that cylinder with a good follower and double check lift at the valve to make sure it is within spec to the cam.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

i dont have access to all of that equiptment, but i thank you for the explanation anyways. Is there a more simple way of checking it? Thanks alot!

exhaust opening ,intake closing,check the clearance on the closed valve,see how they compare to each other cylinders

thanks ill try that. I appreciate it. Im thinking about sending the head down to racer walsh and letting them take a look at it. Anybody had a good experience out of them?