Thread: Mastersbilt ?

Default Mastersbilt ?

OK, so I have what is supposed to be a 2010 gen x (car was originally a smack, but was updated to
    gen x) during set up I have ran into a problem.... if I have all ride heights correct, car has over 250 lbs
    of bite... no matter what I do to the coil overs, ( 2 in 2 out, 1 in 1 out) I cannot get bite down without losing ride height. Any ideas?

Curt Drake
    Late Model #55x

if you have 250 lbs of bite youll have to (don't know what your looking for) take say 5 rounds in and out of the rears and then check the fronts(ride heights) and reset the ride heights or you have something in a bind,if you new to late models let us know,something that we think is simple or that we think you know could throw us off

i would take 5-6 rounds out of the lr,then reset the rr ride height,then check the fronts,that will get you going in the right direction,if its your first time,just try to take your time,one you get close ride heights are very important,also keep good notes

Ive been doing this awhile, and have tried all the rounds in/out... I had always used
    the logic of setting the three ride heights, and lr was whatever it took to get bite you
    wanted, but this car has a specific ride height they want for lr. Ive checked everything for binds
    (i think) and cant seem to find anything wrong.

Curt Drake
    Late Model #55x

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Racing View Post
    Ive been doing this awhile, and have tried all the rounds in/out... I had always used
    the logic of setting the three ride heights, and lr was whatever it took to get bite you
    wanted, but this car has a specific ride height they want for lr. Ive checked everything for binds
    (i think) and cant seem to find anything wrong.

Curt Drake
    Late Model #55x
    1st that I've heard of but theres a 1st for everything,I'm sure someone has run that car,I've heard some setting the top lr bar with degree,if thats the case maybe the wrong hole???a bind comes to mind for me though,good luck i tried

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    1st that I've heard of but theres a 1st for everything,I'm sure someone has run that car,I've heard some setting the top lr bar with degree,if thats the case maybe the wrong hole???a bind comes to mind for me though,good luck i tried
    There's usually some bind in the wrong hole just spray some lube on it

Make sure there is no traction shock or a ton of rebound or stiff compression. I fought myself once like that. Duhh

We chased our ass for two days chasing same problem unbolted LR shock found problem put shock on dyno.had darn near double rebound that's what was causing all the bite had to reset all ride hgts where I had been adjusting on it called myself a dumass for several days

I also have a genx clip on a smack and had same trouble I had to crank right front spring so much to get ride height even close that I would have a lot of lr in it, finally figure out my right side frame rail was still basically at the smack height not genx height think it was 5\8 to 3\4 different. went back to 3.5 to 3 3\8 ride height