Default Bryan Clauson saves lives

This was the type of person Bryan was

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/moto...1Pj?li=BBnb7Kz

This is a very good story and one that might make others think twice about being a donor.

My wife's cousin benefitted from heart and kidney donors and she is still with us to this day.

I didn't know Bryan whatsoever, but all indications from all those that did are that this was not any surprise.

It is too bad that the world didn't know just how good a human being Bryan was before his passing. Many of us who are consumed by the sport he excelled in knew of his depth of character but most didn't and Bryan never appeared to be one that rang his own bell to any extent.

Just getting back from Nationals and back to reality and reliving a week ago monday all over again by catching up on all the articles here... That monday morning timeline from my social media was just heartbreaking to wade thru... That day stayed gloomy and overcast and while there are very very few "bad" days that Ive spent in Iowa, as a visitor at the nationals, that day was probably the worst. Sadness was everywhere.

But, the point of this, and what I want to share with you all, that maybe were not there, was the outpouring of support from our dysfunctional group of dirt racers that followed.

I have NEVER seen lines of people like those that were lined up at the BC shirt trailer EVERY day. People were there for hours waiting in line to get BC merchandise. The guy that hit the 50/50 on main event night, donated $20,000 to the BC fund! Several drivers donated thier race winnings, seemed like every driver in victory lane's first words were:
    Parked it! (in honor of one of Bryan's favorite sayings) I forget the amount they stated the charity auction generated, but it too, was a very significant chunk of change.

He would have qualified on Thursday, they asked everyone wear a BC shirt. Seemed like every other person you passed had a shirt on. MANY sporting his non-wing shirts too, which was the most telling about how popular he was with the winged crowd.

Nothing can replace the loss of life. No amount of $ is going to ease the hearbreak to the family, but it's really amazing to see the support pour out of the dirt race community when something like this happens.

I too never met Bryan, but I do consider myself very fortunate to have witnessed Bryan race, and win, both with wings and without.
    RIPBC 63 17w
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post
    Just getting back from Nationals and back to reality and reliving a week ago monday all over again by catching up on all the articles here... That monday morning timeline from my social media was just heartbreaking to wade thru... That day stayed gloomy and overcast and while there are very very few "bad" days that Ive spent in Iowa, as a visitor at the nationals, that day was probably the worst. Sadness was everywhere.

But, the point of this, and what I want to share with you all, that maybe were not there, was the outpouring of support from our dysfunctional group of dirt racers that followed.

I have NEVER seen lines of people like those that were lined up at the BC shirt trailer EVERY day. People were there for hours waiting in line to get BC merchandise. The guy that hit the 50/50 on main event night, donated $20,000 to the BC fund! Several drivers donated thier race winnings, seemed like every driver in victory lane's first words were:
    Parked it! (in honor of one of Bryan's favorite sayings) I forget the amount they stated the charity auction generated, but it too, was a very significant chunk of change.

He would have qualified on Thursday, they asked everyone wear a BC shirt. Seemed like every other person you passed had a shirt on. MANY sporting his non-wing shirts too, which was the most telling about how popular he was with the winged crowd.

Nothing can replace the loss of life. No amount of $ is going to ease the hearbreak to the family, but it's really amazing to see the support pour out of the dirt race community when something like this happens.

I too never met Bryan, but I do consider myself very fortunate to have witnessed Bryan race, and win, both with wings and without.
    RIPBC 63 17w
    RR67, that's some heartwarming stuff you posted. THANK YOU for posting what went on at The Nationals.

I know they are going to be doing some tributes to Bryan at Springfield this weekend and I've got a feeling my Wife and I had probably better be wearing shades 'cause both of us are going to choke up. I can see it coming.

Thanks again RR67 for passing along the news from Knoxville.

Hope you had a GREAT time!!

If its anything like the tribute they played on the big screen at knoxville, then yes CIRF, bring tissues.
    It was really rough to watch and realize what a great talent the sport lost.
    i was a little surprised that the video included the wreck, but it did.

You cant even avoid a great time out there, its just not possible!

Enjoy the show, and if you wouldnt mind, toss a post up here about the BC stuff. I am curious, know the support from the non-wingers will be every bit of what the winged nation did, its just Knoxville had 25,000 folks on a bigger scale.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post
    If its anything like the tribute they played on the big screen at knoxville, then yes CIRF, bring tissues.
    It was really rough to watch and realize what a great talent the sport lost.
    i was a little surprised that the video included the wreck, but it did.

You cant even avoid a great time out there, its just not possible!

Enjoy the show, and if you wouldnt mind, toss a post up here about the BC stuff. I am curious, know the support from the non-wingers will be every bit of what the winged nation did, its just Knoxville had 25,000 folks on a bigger scale.
    Will do RR. Will be very happy to. Springfield doesn't draw nearly as many people as Knoxville but those of us that will be there are rabid fans of what Bryan had the most success driving and that is wingless open wheel race cars on dirt.

Bryan never won at Springfield or Du Quoin but he and Kyle Larson put on a show literally for the ages at Du Quoin back in 2011. They went after each other like I've never seen on a 1 mile dirt track until Larson finally was able to put some distance between him and Bryan and go on to the win.