Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default North/south 100. Tracks work against rain instead of with it. Just to make them 💵💵

I'll never understand why tracks and sanctions don't work with the rain instead of against it. I know you can always plan on weather but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Look at the forecast for today in Florence and you will realize it's probably going to rain and rain a lot from the looks of it. Why wouldn't you try to do what ever you can to get these big races in. I mean even if it's moving start times or even running a 1 day show due to weather. The north south could be finished up In 2 hours. All that's left is a b-main and a non qualifiers even and feature. But NO lets just keep everyone around all day. Let it rain and we will move the race. And yes I understand there are ppl who have bought tickets who wouldn't be informed or be able to make it. 90% off the ppl attending are here at the track right now. Just don't understand. I know I'm making it sound easy and I'm sure it's not just wish there was an ANWSER to please everyone. Ok my rant for the day is over. Now time to get drunk and watch it rain. GO TEAM 5

Quote Originally Posted by Checkeredflag1015 View Post
    I'll never understand why tracks and sanctions don't work with the rain instead of against it. I know you can always plan on weather but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Look at the forecast for today in Florence and you will realize it's probably going to rain and rain a lot from the looks of it. Why wouldn't you try to do what ever you can to get these big races in. I mean even if it's moving start times or even running a 1 day show due to weather. The north south could be finished up In 2 hours. All that's left is a b-main and a non qualifiers even and feature. But NO lets just keep everyone around all day. Let it rain and we will move the race. And yes I understand there are ppl who have bought tickets who wouldn't be informed or be able to make it. 90% off the ppl attending are here at the track right now. Just don't understand. I know I'm making it sound easy and I'm sure it's not just wish there was an ANWSER to please everyone. Ok my rant for the day is over. Now time to get drunk and watch it rain. GO TEAM 5
    I think I need a drink now after reading all of that. :P

Are you serious?

I guess I don't understand the complaint. The racing isn't scheduled to start till 6 or 7 tonight, right? So how is weather a factor at 11 in the morning?

Every time I've been at Florence when it rained, they did everything possible to run the race that night. It rained so hard at the North South a couple years ago I thought there was no way they would race. But the clouds broke, they brought out the pack trucks and raced, even though I had to put it in 4 wheel drive to get out of the back field afterwards.

90% of the crowd is here? Lol.............

??????? Really????

what is the beef tomorrows forecast is worse

Heck of an idea, start the race mid afternoon instead of regular time. I suggest you keep your regular job when you start a new career as a track promoter.

(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) I see a man can have a opinion. Thought what this site is all about. All I ever do is get on here and hardly post. I listenen to crying on here daily. Ya and as far as when I become a promoter. If I was this n/s100 would be in the books. The comment about mid-afternoon start. Ya I would like to see that instead of a rain out. Ya guys I totally agree the wether man isn't always right but learn how to read a D@mn radar. They are calling for 4in of rain by tommorow night. Might as well call this one a loss. And as far as 90% of the people being here. I would say a solid 75% are. But any how just had a blast at the hall of fame auction and spent a ton of money all for a good cause. #team5

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Heck of an idea, start the race mid afternoon instead of regular time. I suggest you keep your regular job when you start a new career as a track promoter.
    When they cancel later your opinion will be different. They should've started earlier to make sure they got it in before the rain started. And as a matter of fact the track kicked that around but decided against it so the track promoter did have that in their hip pocket too.

bull chit no track would do that unless already planned

I'm no meteorologist but I say they get it in

Note to the thread starter. Race time is at 7:30PM not 2:00 PM. Check your ticket if you have one. NO promoter in their right mind would pull a stunt like that. What About the people that cannot attend a 2:00 Pm race and are holding tickets with plans to attend a 7:30 race. Not sure how anyone figures you just change times on events this big. A big LOL sorry, no offense

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    I'm no meteorologist but I say they get it in
    LOL, they will get it in if it takes till 5:00 in the morning. This is not a steady rain situation too boot.
    Hope all have a good time

There's a chance of rain on and off all day. Moving the time back or whatever wouldn't help things any at all.....it's a crap shoot either way you look at it.

The only way they were probably guaranteed to probably get it in, was to run it all last night. And no one in the stands, crews, track workers, no one wants to sit through all of that in one night.

You clearly have never been around the pit area to know not everyone just gets up, unloads a car, and is ready to race. On a 3 day deal like this.....that would be like seeing a sasquatch if that were to happen to any one team. You can't go moving the times around just because of the threat of rain, it wouldn't do anything but make teams mad if that were to happen very often.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    bull chit no track would do that unless already planned
    Essex announced several times last night to watch Twitter and Facebook as they might make midifications to today's schedule and might move it up due to weather. Ask anyone who was there.

Move it up means maybe an hour earlier at most. That is a big difference than moving an evening show to an afternoon show at a moment's notice.

Your right my ticket says 8/13. That's today. It don't say 9/13 when they reschedule why risk it.

Oh hang on it is florence it will happen
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Move it up means maybe an hour earlier at most. That is a big difference than moving an evening show to an afternoon show at a moment's notice.
    Yes sir, not arguing that fact and never said anything about starting in the afternoon.