Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Florence Speedway - INCREDIBLE!

Congrats to the Kings on one of the best 3-day shows ever! The track was perfect all 3 days and after all of the laps on the track over the 3 days leading up to the North/South 100 feature the track still produced what could very well be the race of the year! That is a race that will never be forgotten by the people that were there. What a weekend!
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 08-14-2016 at 12:54 AM.

Could not agree more. What a great race and a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkeredflag1015 View Post
    Could not agree more. What a great race and a great weekend.
    It was great, but weren't you the guy b1tching about rainouts and starting early? Thank god the powers that be ran the race when it was intended.

Yes.... a Good weekend for King .... Lucky break with the weather makes him look like a Genius .... My guess is just on fans coming thru the gate ......7500 x 35 = $ 262,500
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Great racing weekend, but once again Josh King lived up to his title as village idiot! Either because he is stupid or lazy, or both, He allowed campers to mark off their own spots, then let the campers take over the area by the pit gate/hauler entrance. The campers took huge spaces for single axle pop ups, and hundreds of parking spaces were lost. Imagine being a crew member who had to work until 4 or 5pm, then drive 1 hour to get to the track only to find out that there are no parking spaces available around the pit gate. I had to park across the street for another 10 dollars.

Yea ....I had an issue with the staff/jerk at the rear parking/camping too ... You had to be his buddy to park in the back i guess ....

I 100% agree with Gear and 100% agree with Watch. I mentioned this in another post. The racing at Florence is as good as anywhere in the country, but with the popularity of the North/South sky rocketing (rightfully earned) due to the hard work and excellent racing the track has got to do a better job of managing the entire facility. The campers/rv's taking over the front parking lot has gotten ridiculous. Some of the camp sites roped off a bigger lot than housing lots in sub divisions. There needs a to a designated area towards the back of the track and all campers need to be in this area, so people needing to leave the track can park up front. This opens up a lot of parking that was wasted this weekend and people walking back to their camp site is not walking where cars are trying to get out. I hope they address this soon and get it under control before some fans stop coming because there is no where to park.

Campers shouldn't be allowed anywhere but the gigantic field off the 1/2 side of the track. And if it isn't level enough for your camper back there, too bad, I guess you won't be camping at the track.

they lucky they get to lease that property from neighbors they have to transport the cattle elsewhere.there have been times it did`t happen.

There was plenty of free parking still available in the cow field area outside turn 2. There is a gate on the backstretch that leads to the pits. There was also plenty of spots to camp back there.

It was one of the best weekends of racing I have ever seen. Great job by everyone involved.

Yes ...I agree the fans got a great show all 3 days .....All the other little things are just annoying .... Florence speedway did a great job with the luck of mother nature being kind to us ....

I agree... campers marking off enough room for four more campers only to claim the space... Campers should have a designated area only with 12 ft.wide stripes and park awning to awning but none of this BS of thinking they can claim a quarter acre...cars out front and campers over in the south lot....
    Last edited by lazyifoto; 08-15-2016 at 10:17 AM.
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

What about that BBQ that guy was selling on the back stretch... SMOKING THIS and THAT BBQ......INCREDIBLE ! The guy actually has a stand up store on Mt.Zion road next to Krogers ......the food booths are my favorite ride !
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

My 2nd year in a row going to Florence and I love it, cant wait until next year. What a fun weekend it was.

park all the cars in the cow lot outside turn 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Base_Fuel View Post
    park all the cars in the cow lot outside turn 1 and 2.
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Some of us campers come way early to get a close camping spot because we can't walk long distances. Most of the campers are dedicated fan who come every year.

On another subject, I've seen fans come out after the race and RUN to a car parked in a handicap spot.

So it's ok to make people not camping walk a longer distance than campers?? Most people camping have golf carts so why do they need to be right next to the track. Parking all campers in the cow lot and cars in the parking lot makes more sense. People driving in and not camping are just as loyal and probably more so because many are locals and support the track weekly, not just one weekend.

The handicap parking is needed. They just need to enforce that the handicap person is in the vehicle. Also some people may run to the car, but it doesn't mean the handicap person isn't following along at a slower pace.

kudos to Florence speedway for a perfect racing weekend!

We've never been to Florence. Would very much like to attend a race there sometime. I measured it on Google Earth and it appears to be right at 2000' as measured up by the wall. Nice sized track, not a little bull ring but not a big ol' half mile, either.

According to their schedule they have just 3 more events in Sept. & Oct. A question for you folks who live nearby. It appears that they do not run a regular weekly show. Would that be correct?