Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    We've never been to Florence. Would very much like to attend a race there sometime. I measured it on Google Earth and it appears to be right at 2000' as measured up by the wall. Nice sized track, not a little bull ring but not a big ol' half mile, either.

According to their schedule they have just 3 more events in Sept. & Oct. A question for you folks who live nearby. It appears that they do not run a regular weekly show. Would that be correct?
    They run weekly shows from March until August and the North/South. After the North/South, the track usually takes at least a month off. Then it's just a few races in September and October. Usually around 20-22 race weekends a year unless there are rainouts.
    Last edited by Gary; 08-15-2016 at 10:51 AM.

try the one in oct

years ago they tried to run every week till oct. the crowds were terrible. once high school foot ball would start that didn't help either. more people in the pits than in the stands.
    now the other tracks around are having their big shows and Florence just closes to help them maybe. like birky fan said, try the fall 50 late in oct.

One of the best racing weekends in the last 10 years for myself. The track provided great two and three wide racing for three nights! I appreciate the effort made by the track prep crew, they did a great job each night to have the track in the condition they did. THANK YOU FOR A JOB WELL DONE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    They run weekly shows from March until August and the North/South. After the North/South, the track usually takes at least a month off. Then it's just a few races in September and October. Usually around 20-22 race weekends a year unless there are rainouts.
    Thanks Gary.

The run weekly shows until the N/S weekend. Then just 2 or 3 more after that. I have been to tracks all over and Florence is second to none for racing, most of the time. They know how to run a show. I am bias it is my home track. LOL
    Not really, they do a great job. As for camping, I will leave that to people who do it. I never have, so No opinion. But the racing itself is tremendous

LOL Gary, you beat me to it. Isn't it great having a track like this to go to so close?

Quote Originally Posted by bigq11 View Post
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Some of us campers come way early to get a close camping spot because we can't walk long distances. Most of the campers are dedicated fan who come every year.

On another subject, I've seen fans come out after the race and RUN to a car parked in a handicap spot.
    They will suffer greatly most likely for punishing their crippled bodies like that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    They will suffer greatly most likely for punishing their crippled bodies like that!!!!
    They must have been democrats. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    LOL Gary, you beat me to it. Isn't it great having a track like this to go to so close?
    Yes sir, it is great. It's a really short drive for us to go every week.

Great job by the Kings having the track in great shape for all three nights of racing.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    They must have been democrats. LOL
    That sure is at least a mental disability!!!

What I gather from reading the posts here is that the North/South 100 is probably a better race, year in and year out, than the Prairie Dirt Classic and the track is every bit as good as FALS, and some nights better.

Just the impression I'm getting.

What I gather from reading the posts here is that the North/South 100 is probably a better race, year in and year out, than the Prairie Dirt Classic and the track is every bit as good as FALS, and some nights better.

Good as FALS???

No way...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Guess you have too find people that have gone too both to know that....

My vote would be they are all good.

I've been to both...FALS atmosphere, and facilities are nicer than Florence. Both have great 3 wide racing, the loaded nachos at Florence are off the hook! Dirt Track Hall of Fame is at Florence. Can't compete with that. I like both tracks...giving the edge to PDC, that being said, I will definitely be back to the North/South 100!

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    I've been to both...FALS atmosphere, and facilities are nicer than Florence. Both have great 3 wide racing, the loaded nachos at Florence are off the hook! Dirt Track Hall of Fame is at Florence. Can't compete with that. I like both tracks...giving the edge to PDC, that being said, I will definitely be back to the North/South 100!
    Thanks for the intelligent and objective feedback.

Been to FALS over 100 times but never have made the trip to Florence. I think we might change that next year.

Yes sir, it is great. It's a really short drive for us to go every week.

Great job by the Kings having the track in great shape for all three nights of racing.
    And let's not forget how difficult it is to keep a track perfect for 3 straight days! There are tracks like Portsmouth that struggle to keep the track somewhat racey for 2, and Josh and crew kept their track perfect for 3 days. It just goes to show that putting in the effort and watering the track daily during the week leading up to the event will always pay off in the end. A lot of tracks could learn from what they did this past weekend. That might be one of the all-time great track prep performances, especially considering the heat and wind every day.

Florence needed the passing point format to become one of the can't miss races. Before that, it was a take it or leave it race. It has made a different track out of it and not just the heat races. They are going to need more seats soon. Such a bad problem to have. I'm not sure if the format pushed the track prep or if the shower on the first race with this format didn't tell them something. It did work out for them.

you need a level spot to camp, you do not need a level spot to park a car. It has nothing to do with walking, they could always run a shuttle to help with the walk.