Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pierce Chassis???

So after LiL Bobby's big win at the North-South does anyone see any of the other tour drivers trying out a Pierce Chassis?
    I do believe that you have to give the Pierce's credit for what that have done building their own cars and being able to race very competitive with the best dirt drivers out there.
    I know there are some regional racers out there that run Pierce Chassis but when and who will it be to run a Pierce car on either one of the traveling series??

does it really matter

No. I don't see it happening.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

It's pretty unlikely that it happens. National touring drivers tend to run chassis that other guys on the same tour run.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Not gonna happen, they have no respect for booby plus he has a tendency on the track to run over daddies customers.

I don't see anybody choosing a pierce over an xr1 just cause it won the north south and it seems like an a$$ load of people have already picked up an xr1 or two

It's modifieds, but I'm pretty sure Jeff Curl is now with Pierce racing up in Fairbury.

It could be, not selling to top teams, may be an advantage. You don't have to beat your own tech.

Week after week, we see different chassis win, and yet some think some are better than others. I say it's what you do with what you have. I think some teams are dependent on chassis builders information to even run respectable and some will win in anything they choose. The only thing that is guaranteed to go fast, is intelligence.

Let's really look at the North south win. Bobby is in a car that just went threw the Summer Nationals and needs to get on a Jig. He said himself that it didn't work right on the bottom. If your limited on what lines you can run, it's good if your driver can run good on the lines left to you. You set up for that and run the hey out of it. The way I see it, Bloomer or McDowell or Moran could have won if they wasn't so conservative and choose to run low or middle. When you choose to run that 90% of the track, it is not free enough to run that high line well. So was it chassis or was it a good or lucky game plan? I still say, Smart goes fast.

Mod days are history and the guy that built bobby's 2 cars (and all the others before them) quit so he could start his own custom fab business.

Pierce race cars....Curl definitely is getting support in some capacity from Pierce, as are a few others.Left rear quarter panel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There Quist to get Bobby in to NASCAR has hurt there Car making... Lots have left the fold...Plus you add the few he has run over..Plus most of the Good people that worked there have moved on.... There Mod sales ant what they use too be ether.....

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    It's modifieds, but I'm pretty sure Jeff Curl is now with Pierce racing up in Fairbury.

Jeff Has been with pierce for a while now..
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

I'm not really sure how great their cars are, I think Bobby is just way more talented than most drivers out there. Linville looked average in his pierce and so did Moran.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    I'm not really sure how great their cars are, I think Bobby is just way more talented than most drivers out there. Linville looked average in his pierce and so did Moran.
    And neither had their cars long enough to work with them and then again it just might not have fit their driving style and they knew form the beginning.

You could put Pierce in a 1990 bullet leaf spring car and and he would be fast. Chassis has nothing to do with a cushion rider. They all show disrespect to other competitors and hope a cushion forms. Free the car up so you can get the rr to the cushion and hold on. Kid is a cannon. Grade the cushion down and he runs the back..

Default you are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Not gonna happen, they have no respect for booby plus he has a tendency on the track to run over daddies customers.
    guess that's why his chassis seminars are always crowded-----p-head--- change your diaper and go to bed

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    You could put Pierce in a 1990 bullet leaf spring car and and he would be fast. Chassis has nothing to do with a cushion rider. They all show disrespect to other competitors and hope a cushion forms. Free the car up so you can get the rr to the cushion and hold on. Kid is a cannon. Grade the cushion down and he runs the back..
    I'm not so sure of that because I seen him run the bottom just as good as he has the top. If my memory serves me well it was 2 or 3 years ago at the pdc he ran the bottom and almost won the race. If not for the track workers moving the tires back out he probably would have won that night.

What people fail to mention is that said chassis is set up, tweaked, and maintained by the chassis builder himself. Same reason Richards is so fast in the XR1.

And Centeroff, I've seen Pierce win on the bottom but why? Everyone knows the fastest way around is on the highside.
    8/13/16

Refer to quote of the week thread. Call it as I see it

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Something tells me, your assessment of Bobby and chassis, is about as good as your promoter skills. You was the one that wanted to turn the North South into a day race because of a chance of rain? Enough said. Oh Move the tires out in the corner and the bottom feeders run in the back. Sounds like you like one lane race tracks.