Default LRF Traction shock.

Does the LRF Traction shock promote forward bite? I am running on a smooth, slick surface track and have the car working everywhere except exit. I have to wait for the car before applying throttle and by then the cars in front of me are pulling away again. It seems to be an issue with spinning and not having forward drive. Backed off of the gear this week and changed some of the bars. Made car way better except for driving off. I removed the LRF shock awhile back and was wondering if I should reinstall.

LRF shock does not really provide forward traction up off, it keeps your form dropping off the bars going in and sets the cars attitude for exit. If you are a good trail braker and can hold the car up on the bars without the LRF you will have more traction on exit without it.

Default traction

Thanks Zero, It may just be inexperience because there was a few times that I was able to remain in the throttle through the corner and it seemed better like it would track right around. Just wanted to make sure I was'nt missing something.

As a driver I am in the same boat, want to take it off to improve drive off but not sure I can consistently get the car into the corner smoothly.

This is where a shock mounted on top of the axle tube provides a bit of a happy medium.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroracing View Post
    As a driver I am in the same boat, want to take it off to improve drive off but not sure I can consistently get the car into the corner smoothly.
    put you a brake floater on left rear with a real aggressive pad on it , i use the one from port city.....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    put you a brake floater on left rear with a real aggressive pad on it , i use the one from port city.....
    Yes....but the downside is that if you grab a foot full of brakes you are likely spinning it. But with most people on 3-wheel brake these days I guess that isn't a new issue.

Are you driving the car in straight versus throwing it in the corner? If so, raising the right lower bar and putting the LRF shock back on will help you turn the car on entry and through the middle which will keep traction in the rear tires and help forward drive. Sounds like you are having to almost completely drop the throttle to turn and then you loose your drive????

fastford can you clean out your inbox I tried to send you a PM and it says it's full.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    fastford can you clean out your inbox I tried to send you a PM and it says it's full.

Thanks,
    sorry about that, its clean

thanks fastford PM sent