Default Rich Camfield Memorial Sat Aug 20 POWRi Midgets & Micros

Rich Camfield Memorial this Saturday night at Macon Speedway Divisions Racing: Lucas Oil POWRi National Midget Series Speedway Motors POWRi 600cc Winged Outlaw Micro Sprints DIRTcar UMP Pro Late Models Midwest Big Ten Series UMP Street Stocks Times: Pits 3:00 Stands 5:00 PLM/SS Pill Draw Ends 5:50 Hot Laps 6:00 Racing 7:00 Pricing: Adults $15 Kids 11 & Under FREE For more information, follow Macon Speedway online at www.maconracing.com, on Facebook (www.facebook.com/maconracing) and Twitter (@maconspeedway). It’s easy to join the Macon Speedway text service. Fans can text MSFANS to 74574 to receive fan information. Drivers text MSDRIVERS to 74574 to receive driver information. Message and date rates apply. Updates are also available by calling Macon Speedway at 217-764-3000. Macon Speedway is located nine miles south of Decatur on U.S. 51, then 0.6 miles west on Andrews Street and south to 205 N. Wiles. Macon Speedway hosts racing every Saturday night, plus many weeknight specials.

Just a suggestion: 3 support classes is at least 1 too many. We're camping at the State Fairgrounds and would like to attend the POWRi National Midget show on August 20th but setting through 3 support classes is too many. Isn't 2 support classes enough?

We always look forward to watching POWRi midgets at Mighty Macon but we've been a part of too many marathons.

If you can assure us that the POWRi midget A-main will be run first or second we'd consider coming over, otherwise we'll have to pass.

It seems Macon insists on running too many classes.

CIRF, our goal every show is to get things done at a reasonable time. We are a business as well and need to do what we can to ensure proper operating profits to help keep things going and have more great shows like this at our track. Long shows are a rarity and something we look to work hard to avoid, whether it be a 3 class or 7 class show. We are usually done no later than 10:30.

THIS JUST IN... UMP Hornets WILL be running this coming Saturday night at Macon Speedway, just as they were at a previous POWRi event. The division was originally not scheduled, but has been added due to some inquiries and the resurgence in the division this season. Also on the schedule will be the POWRi Midgets, Micros, Pro Late Models, and Midwest Big Ten Series Street Stocks.

The midget feature likely will be very early in the feature portion of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by TEI PR View Post
    CIRF, our goal every show is to get things done at a reasonable time. We are a business as well and need to do what we can to ensure proper operating profits to help keep things going and have more great shows like this at our track. Long shows are a rarity and something we look to work hard to avoid, whether it be a 3 class or 7 class show. We are usually done no later than 10:30.
    I've been to at least 8 POWRi shows at Macon over the past 3 to 4 seasons and I don't remember one getting over before 10:30 PM. We were there in early September of 2014 when the POWRi show ended after MIDNIGHT! A friend from out of state was with me and he couldn't believe it. Was also at Macon for the POWRi show in early Summer of 2015 and it again was after midnight when the midget A-main ended. Both of those fiasco's were due to too many support classes.

Far be it from me to try and tell someone else how to run their business, especially a very successful race promotion enterprise such as yourselves. You folks are very good at what you do and have to do what is necessary to sustain your promotional enterprise and make it profitable. On the other hand we'll be making our choices of where and how our entertainment budget is divided and utilized based partially on your policies and scheduling.

Believe me when I tell you that we are not the only ones who are apprehensive about attending racing programs that are bloated with support classes. I know of at least a half dozen avid midget racing fans that have made the decision not to attend shows that are overburdened with support classes. And unfortunately, that includes Macon.
    The midget feature likely will be very early in the feature portion of the program.
    Since we're camping at the fairgrounds and are there for the specific reason of attending races we'll likely be making the trip from the fairgrounds over to Macon for the August 20th POWRi show if we can get clear assurances of how the features will be scheduled. So please try and be a bit more specific. Will it be run first, second or third?

Thank you.
    Last edited by CIRF; 08-16-2016 at 10:02 AM.

I do know the shows last year on 4th of July weekend were done before or at 10 both nights. Can't recall for this show last year but they have been getting all of their shows done quick this season, even quicker than normal. Just my observations there.
    The Mayor of Macon
    The Race Blogger

View The Race Blogger's World at http://theracebloggersworld.blogspot.com

For my race updates when I do them, check out my Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/pdavis18491988

Want to see tomorrow night's show at Lincoln Speedway FREE? WIN FREE TICKETS! Just go to https://www.facebook.com/LincolnILSp...type=3&theater and follow the posted instructions to enter for your chance to see this exciting program at Lincoln Speedway Friday night FREE!

IT IS RACE DAY! Be sure this morning to head to the Illinois State Fair for the Track Enterprises promoted 55th Annual Bettenhausen 100 USAC Racing Silver Crown Series event plus preliminary events for the 23rd Annual Illinois Sportsman Nationals. After the races at the State Fair hop in the car and head east on I-72 to US-51 south and head here to Macon Speedway for the Inaugural Rich Camfield Memorial! Divisions Racing: Lucas Oil POWRi National Midget Series Speedway Motors POWRi 600cc Winged Outlaw Micro Sprints DIRTcar UMP Pro Late Models Midwest Big Ten Series UMP Street Stocks UMP Hornets Times: Pits 3:00 Stands 5:00 PLM/SS Pill Draw Ends 5:50 Hot Laps 6:00 Racing 7:00 Pricing: Adults $15 Kids 11 & Under FREE For more information on the Illinois State Fair events and other Track Enterprises events, follow Track Enterprises online at www.trackenterprises.com, on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TrackEnterprises), and Twitter (@TEIRacing). Updates are also available by calling the Track Enterprises home office at 217-764-3200. For more information, follow Macon Speedway online at www.maconracing.com, on Facebook (www.facebook.com/maconracing) and Twitter (@maconspeedway). It’s easy to join the Macon Speedway text service. Fans can text MSFANS to 74574 to receive fan information. Drivers text MSDRIVERS to 74574 to receive driver information. Message and date rates apply. Updates are also available by calling Macon Speedway at 217-764-3000. Macon Speedway is located nine miles south of Decatur on U.S. 51, then 0.6 miles west on Andrews Street and south to 205 N. Wiles. Macon Speedway hosts racing every Saturday night, plus many weeknight specials.

Tonight's program is on as scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I've been to at least 8 POWRi shows at Macon over the past 3 to 4 seasons and I don't remember one getting over before 10:30 PM. We were there in early September of 2014 when the POWRi show ended after MIDNIGHT! A friend from out of state was with me and he couldn't believe it. Was also at Macon for the POWRi show in early Summer of 2015 and it again was after midnight when the midget A-main ended. Both of those fiasco's were due to too many support classes.Far be it from me to try and tell someone else how to run their business, especially a very successful race promotion enterprise such as yourselves. You folks are very good at what you do and have to do what is necessary to sustain your promotional enterprise and make it profitable. On the other hand we'll be making our choices of where and how our entertainment budget is divided and utilized based partially on your policies and scheduling.Believe me when I tell you that we are not the only ones who are apprehensive about attending racing programs that are bloated with support classes. I know of at least a half dozen avid midget racing fans that have made the decision not to attend shows that are overburdened with support classes. And unfortunately, that includes Macon.Since we're camping at the fairgrounds and are there for the specific reason of attending races we'll likely be making the trip from the fairgrounds over to Macon for the August 20th POWRi show if we can get clear assurances of how the features will be scheduled. So please try and be a bit more specific. Will it be run first, second or third?Thank you.
    Midget feature will be 2nd tonight

Midget feature will be 2nd tonight
    You're a bit slow on the trigger. There are 3 couples of us camping at the fairgrounds that would have headed to Macon tonight had we been informed that the midget feature was to be run 2nd.

Snooze ya' lose I reckon.

could t be it takes forever to midgets started nah couldn't be its always the support classes

No it doesn't. That is a phony myth perpetrated by some late model people that know nothing about starterless racecar shows. Macon does a very good job of pushing off races of push start race cars.

no that's 60 yrs of going to the track , sorry if you have to push start its not a race car either hhahahahhahahahahahah but you screwed up they were done with midgets before 10 pm and would best be over early with the big race the next day at the mile
    Last edited by old fan; 08-22-2016 at 06:37 AM.

How the hell would you know what time it got over. You were face down on a sidewalk somewhere and your trying to say what time the show got over? Right.

I didn't screw up, TEI did. There were 3 couples of us camping at the fairgrounds that were willing to head to Macon if we know the running order of the features. For whatever reason TEI won't divulge the running order until it's too late for us to make the trip over from Springfield.

Once again, snooze ya' lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Original18babbfan View Post
    I do know the shows last year on 4th of July weekend were done before or at 10 both nights. Can't recall for this show last year but they have been getting all of their shows done quick this season, even quicker than normal. Just my observations there.
    Original18bf, I believe you're correct on the July 4th 2015 show you refer to. Unfortunately that was one that we couldn't attend. We did attend the POWRi show at Macon earlier in June and it was a marathon of near Biblical proportions. The negative feedback of that debacle by competitors and spectators alike was such that Sarge cut back to just 2 support classes. But as you can see that didn't stick.