Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

I would think Friday could be a land rush for lightly used tires on a steep discount from the big boys. A couple brand new sets of tires for the local guys Thursday and then after that many teams could race the rest of the weekend on the barely used tires. I know of several local teams that win races regularly with uncut LM20 tires. A few years ago, one guy won about 5 races on the same uncut RR. Eldora hasn't been abrasive for several years with the dirt they've hauled in. I do agree that the soft tires for the 100 lapper kinda stinks because it will force guys to drive very conservatively for quite a while. That makes the race less exciting when guys can't push hard for most of the race. But let's not forget that Billy Moyer's last World 100 win came on a set of LM20...

I could care less about the compounds, 20s will go the distance even if it's black. Unless someone dopes them up . But it's this rule creation that puts the little guy out that bugs me.

Unless everyone is fine with the same 28 cars everywhere 1 to 2 times a year I guess it's going the way of nascar.

That's what you bunch of dam cheaters get.......you all shouldn't be cheating and there would be no need for rules.

And don't deny that you cheat, heard it from three VERY reliable sources that all of you do it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Get out the lathe and make some thin cuts to make that 20 survive. A heat cycled 20 may be better than a new one in the 100 laps. They will spend time on other aspects of the tire if not siping and grooving. Takes out one aspects and throws another. A grooving iron and siper is cheap compared to a lathe to spin a late model tire.

This isn't about cheating it's about removing smaller teams that the"in" crowd deem not professional enough. Not to mention the pocket lining for Hoosier .

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gray View Post
    This isn't about cheating it's about removing smaller teams that the"in" crowd deem not professional enough. Not to mention the pocket lining for Hoosier .
    Eldora has got to be the only track in America looking for ways to get rid of cars. smh I have no doubt that you have a logical point, but your post does not show it.

SEEMS FUNNY I know a couple smaller teams that are thinking about going because of the tire rule

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    SEEMS FUNNY I know a couple smaller teams that are thinking about going because of the tire rule
    They must have more money than time.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

no I don't think so

no I don't think so
    Then they have strange reasons to like the rule.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

they don't want to work their ass on tires and maybe have time for other things to like other chores on the car and how about this LIFE

they don't want to work their ass on tires and maybe have time for other things to like other chores on the car and how about this LIFE
    How many tires are they going to buy?

But as I said, more money than time.

buffering tires has been done since early 50`s and still done today.but what i am thinking there needs to be a mobile test lab setup and test some new tires that have had heat built up in them and test to a brand new tire and see how much it differs, and than 40,60,80,100 laps and see where these test land there is no way they should test the same as a new tire and the chemical compound of the tire will be different.the only thing the chemicals do is preserve the tire to keep from buying so dam many after a few laps it`s not going to give them a big advantage anyway.the best rubber company in the world is in ohio.

Buster these tests have been done, along with tests using tires on other cars using common doping procedures at the same time to confirm there is no transfer from one tire to another car on the track!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gray View Post
    Buster these tests have been done, along with tests using tires on other cars using common doping procedures at the same time to confirm there is no transfer from one tire to another car on the track!
    Brian,
    Where is the information on these tests? I've asked the question several times and so far you are the only one that has even remotely come close to saying they have tested that theory.
    I would like to read about it( how it was done, who , what , where kinda thing.)

Thanks
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It is a 3 day format. With the requirement of 20s, A guy could easily need 6 new tires a night for Thursday and Friday. Then 6 more for prelim action on Sat. That is $2700 in tires and you haven't even made the show yet.
    The big dollar teams will come in for tires almost every yellow during the 100 laps. I saw a big block modified race there and the Bud car did that and won the race. Why not all 40s? More money for Hoosier and ump!

just because the tested tires have a bad chemical imbalance does not mean the teams did anything to the tires but why are they banning these five drivers for missing element in tire it does not prove a dam thing they suppose to be looking for chemicals not associated with the design of the tire.you have all these tires and they have a chemical imbalance, but yet do not fail test for being soaked,know how do you explain this POOP.

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    just because the tested tires have a bad chemical imbalance does not mean the teams did anything to the tires but why are they banning these five drivers for missing element in tire it does not prove a dam thing they suppose to be looking for chemicals not associated with the design of the tire.you have all these tires and they have a chemical imbalance, but yet do not fail test for being soaked,know how do you explain this POOP.
    There are a lot of thing involved with this tire deal that is confusing. Even though I have never seen about a missing chemical from a reliable source. I can even work out a hypothetical answer to what mat have happened, but removing a chemical is not a health risk and this is what I thought the tire rule was all about. Doesn't a chemical have to be present, to create a health risk? The rule it's self is vague as to what is illegal and what of these are health risks. My first question would be, is to specify what should be there and what should not. That would make any rule black and white and easier to enforce. When we see that list, It will show, whether this is a health concern or a points money grab. Seems like the rules makers, tire company and even the racers, want to keep everyone else in the dark about this. I will say this, all tire treating is not bad. Some extends the life of the tire and saves money. On the other hand some go down fast in a blaze of glory. Some just make that old second hand tire good for one last hurrah. Well almost a hurrah. Some just preserve the tire as it came from the factory.

As long as this is kept in the dark, we will never know who is cheating who. We just know someone is, or it wouldn't still be in the dark.

changing the complexion of the tire is a safety risk

vintage cars raced last with vintage tires and well with they had with no chemical or cutting enhancement