Default IMCA stock car rear steer

Ok I started out this season with a guy telling me if I am going to run rear steer in my car (metric 4 link with 5 holes in lower trailing arm mounts) that I needed to run reverse stagger (left rear bigger than right rear). The reasoning behind this was that it would drive the left rear forward making the rear steer better. Well the season is drawing to an end and I have been tight in the center all along. I go in the corner nice but as I get close to the apex the car starts to drift up the track. I have been just getting on the trottle and with the rear steer kicking in on the throttle the car then turns around the corner and is fairly good off. I am wondering if this theory is just a load of crap. I want my rear end to steer to the right (left rear forward right rear aft) this pushes the car around the corner. If I put regular stagger (right rear bigger than left rear) will this keep the rear end from steering to the right? From what I know from reading around with the reverse stagger (left rear bigger than right rear) the car is going to push which it does due to the coffee cup theory. Now when I get on the throttle the rear steers to the right which pushes the car to the left and it comes off the corner great sometimes a little too good and gets loose. Please give me some help on this.

why would you run reverse stagger? by doing so you are guaranteed to be DRAGGING the lr or the rr tire...

So the answer to my question will regular stagger limit rear steer?

Think about it a little....

does that really matter? you been racing a car with reverse stagger, if your turning left your dragging one of those rear tires in every corner.
    Last edited by stock car driver; 08-16-2016 at 06:16 PM.

The whole idea behind rear steer is to be able to roll around the corner nice without breaking the tires loose. Why would you negate that by running reverse stagger? Like SCD said, you are dragging a tire around. You want to be nice and free so you can drive it around the corner low high or middle and not have to tromp the gas or otherwise jockey it around to get it turning.

Well i put in 1" of rear stagger this weekend and it didn't push in the middle!! The track was very rough and rutted up. It was very hard to hold my line. I started on the pole and had the bottom then got loose out of 2 and got freight trained on the back stretch finished 9th.

That is good, its more fulfilling to help with tech for someone who listens. Stick with it and work on your car with rear stagger. 1.5 was the least I could run when I had my cars working correctly otherwise I would be tight in the middle. Id store lr tires flat and rr at 80 psi to keep them stretched.