Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
    Too much safety can be just as bad as too much. Some on here think they know all the answers and continue to want more legislation that "they" deem appropriate. Some of these full containment seats are over kill in a dlm and would hinder escaping the car upside down or damaged in a huge way. I'm all for recommendations and raising the roof line and lowering the deck, but last week this Wfo2007 was claiming paramedics incapable of checking drivers out after an incident to see if they have a brain injury, he insisted it must be a doctor on site and that they force the racer to go to the hospital against their will and have test run before they can compete.
    Sorry but most paramedics at our local tracks only have your basic first aid, aed and cpr training and that is it. Yes, they can tell if someone is suffering from a brain type injury as well as you or i can but they are far from being able to give the correct diagnosis or treatment plan. I know it sounds far fetched but I think the series having a medical person who has more experience would be a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    again no comparison erb is out of control where peirce and davenport are not
    Yeah, they are all pretty much the same and as a matter of fact Pierce is probably the most out of control of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo2007 View Post
    Sorry but most paramedics at our local tracks only have your basic first aid, aed and cpr training and that is it. Yes, they can tell if someone is suffering from a brain type injury as well as you or i can but they are far from being able to give the correct diagnosis or treatment plan. I know it sounds far fetched but I think the series having a medical person who has more experience would be a great idea.
    If that is the case your local tracks do not have paramedics. Paramedics are State certified, licensed and trained in advanced life saving, advanced cardiac life support, trauma care, etc.
    You really have no clue as to brain injury recognition as many can not be diagnosed without a CT scan and many people seem perfectly fine and refuse treatment that have no symptoms until days or weeks later when they finally do have the CT scan and find they have a concussion.
    IE: Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Yeah, they are all pretty much the same and as a matter of fact Pierce is probably the most out of control of the 3.
    pierce wins tyler erb doesn't big difference

I hope Landers comes out of this OK.... bad deal but very rare.

All of the ambulance personnel at my tracks have been certifies paramedics... $150.00 per night and a contribution to the local fire dept. is cheap insurance.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

If Landers is concerned about his safety, perhaps he shouldn't put others at risk with blatant attempts to wreck them

Lightbulb

How could you have such a great post about the young drivers driving styles and then not agree with something that is directly related? The young guys attitude of being invincible is the exact reason why safety needs to be worked on continuously. These guys are putting themselves and other drivers in some very bad situations. The examples you gave about Pierce and Davenport are spot on. Another one was the move Tyler Erb made in one of the late Summer Nats races where he never lifted and clocked Unzicker (i believe) and both cars upset very quickly from the impact. Really, we could list these things all day. The reality of it stinks though - driving like this does fill the grandstands as many 'fans' want to see the wrecks and the super aggressive driving.
    You misunderstand me, I'm all for safety, but I'm not for imposed regulations on how I outfit my car. The CF incident was bad, but from what I understand it was more about him not being able to get out, than not having an extinguisher in the c@ckpit. Upside down your not gonna be able to fight the fire and extricate yourself from a full containment seat with the interiors setup the way they are now. I'm also not in favor of the roof hatch idea either as I'm building my car with expanded metal welded over the halo. The reason for that is what happened to the guy from kentucky, #41. He was racing on a heavy tacky surface and flipped, but during the flip his roof was torn off. When he landed, with the cage down, it sunk into the surface and allowed his head to impact the track surface breaking his neck and ending his career. My idea with the welded in expanded metal would prevent this from happening and allow the cage to act like a snow shoe on impact and spread the force of the impact out over the entire cage and keep your head from impacting the track surface. I'm all for safety, I just don't like rule by committee, they usually get it wrong, like their stupid, "Rumley Rule". I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but legislating everything always makes things worse. Do something about making it easier to get out of the car, don't right rules that trap me in there...

Hopefully back by Knoxville.

https://www.dirtondirt.com/story_9227.html

Landers is out for probably six weeks. Going back for another CT scan in three weeks. It is starting to heal on its own. This is from his Dad on DoD.

Letting a driver decide if he's fuked up or not is retarded. Same with any professional athlete. If they ain't dead and can half a$$ walk, they will try to compete. Like this deal, Jared wants to race now. He had to have been so freakin close to internally bleeding out it ain't funny. He tore 3 of the 4 layers or your carotid artery.

The door openings on the drivers and passenger side need to be accessible for an escape. We know they are not. Certainly wouldn't go away from the good seats. And just making sure your safety stuff is up to snuff.

More drivers, athletes, just need to be honest with theirselves. If your body doesn't feel right, get it checked out. If you don't like their opinion, get another. Their is more to life than racing or any other sport out there.

Since the Charlie Floyd deal was brought up, something in his fuel line didn't have the correct fitting, is what they think happened. He switched car from alcohol to gas or vice versa and they think some line wasn't plumbed properly. Was in Speedway Illustrated, their best guess. The other glaring issue, which I will never watch the video, is how long it took them to get to him. Supposedly the proper vehicle was there, couldn't reach the scene, then their generator for the Jaws if Life wouldn't start. Not getting to the scene because of d!p(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)s in the way, pi$$ on that. Get the fuk outta the way or I'm moving you any means necessary. The generator, it happens, but if you didn't test it before that nights racing, also a failure.

No you shouldn't mandate everything, but ignorance and doing it the way it has always been done ain't the right answer either. Wonder how something as serious as a torn carotid is on page two, but fifteen Bloomer jerkin off threads are on page one.

When he leaves this sport, you fukers are lost. The lovers and the haters.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Landers is out for probably six weeks. Going back for another CT scan in three weeks. It is starting to heal on its own. This is from his Dad on DoD.

Letting a driver decide if he's fuked up or not is retarded. Same with any professional athlete. If they ain't dead and can half a$$ walk, they will try to compete. Like this deal, Jared wants to race now. He had to have been so freakin close to internally bleeding out it ain't funny. He tore 3 of the 4 layers or your carotid artery.

The door openings on the drivers and passenger side need to be accessible for an escape. We know they are not. Certainly wouldn't go away from the good seats. And just making sure your safety stuff is up to snuff.

More drivers, athletes, just need to be honest with theirselves. If your body doesn't feel right, get it checked out. If you don't like their opinion, get another. Their is more to life than racing or any other sport out there.

Since the Charlie Floyd deal was brought up, something in his fuel line didn't have the correct fitting, is what they think happened. He switched car from alcohol to gas or vice versa and they think some line wasn't plumbed properly. Was in Speedway Illustrated, their best guess. The other glaring issue, which I will never watch the video, is how long it took them to get to him. Supposedly the proper vehicle was there, couldn't reach the scene, then their generator for the Jaws if Life wouldn't start. Not getting to the scene because of d!p(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)s in the way, pi$$ on that. Get the fuk outta the way or I'm moving you any means necessary. The generator, it happens, but if you didn't test it before that nights racing, also a failure.

No you shouldn't mandate everything, but ignorance and doing it the way it has always been done ain't the right answer either. Wonder how something as serious as a torn carotid is on page two, but fifteen Bloomer jerkin off threads are on page one.

Very good post!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post

This is some thing that may need too be looked at after a Bad crash .. Some one getting back on the track with something or a part of you hurt that may get someone else killed....People dont seam too care..
    I dont Love or Hate Bloomer..He is what he is (and hes good at it)...Bloomer could have gunned it and Bobby would not have won .. then the Bloomer haters would have come out in groves..If he had dumped him I would of come on here and Been on Bloomers side on it....
    I post on Bobby cause he has time too change and he WANTS to go to NASCAR.. Moves like the one he did will not get him there...

Default Aces & Eights

Would you post a picture of how/where you added the expanded metal on your rollcage - I like the idea very much -- thanks