Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Respect replaced by Selfishness...

In the last week I've seen 2 incidents involving younger drivers that disappointed me. The first was Booby Price at the N/S race and the worst part was his fans defending him and applauding his maneuver. One fan even described the move as, "graceful"... Graceful, really? What would you consider a slap in the face? A kind gesture perhaps. Now Booby throwing sliders, taking racers noses off and parking on the cushion is his MO, thats just how he thinks you should race. Its also why his car rarely comes home with a quarter panel on the RR, I'm not sure why they bother putting one back on it. Make no mistake, the young man is fast, talented even, but the disrespect he drives with, "feeding people the RR" every week, that isn't cool.
    Boo on you Booby Price.

The second incident was with one of my favorite drivers, Jonathan Davenport at Bulls Gap. First he had a physical incident with Bloomer that even though I watched it a few times I can't determine from that camera angle what exactly happened. Later on though, JD is leading and JO gets a run on the outside. JO gets all the way up to JD's door on the outside as they approach a lap car at the end of the back stretch. Instead of lifting or going to the bottom, JD literally drives through the lap car... What? The lap car didn't even know he was there yet, so drilling him at full song was what looked like an act of desperation or bullying...
    Not cool JD, not cool. Nobody likes a bully.

To me both of the incidents were indicative of a wider problem in motorsports and our society at large, the younger generation doesn't see anyone else as having any rights, its all about them and their young gun status. Driving through the field like a bulldozer is not a demonstration of skill, but an extreme display of disrespect for other racers and themselves. This is not how to race, no it absolutely is not.

Sure we love seeing them sparking off the outside wall, throwing caution to the wind, taking chances. But driving like no one else should be there is wrong. Sometimes there are situations where you must back off or use skill instead throwing elbows. Both these guys are plenty skilled enough and have the best equipment around, that they should be making better decisions behind the wheel, period.

Its okay to be hungry, but you don't get to eat my hand.

must be a crying bloomer fan, poor thing, rubbin is racing pure and simple

Both of those incidents have one thing in common.They both took the cash home

Quit crying. If it weren't for these young drivers, this sport would be boring. You must be a Bloomer fan and thinks he does no wrong. Watch the start at Volunteer Thursday evening, going into turn one Bloomer just cuts off and slides in front of Madden. He also punted Madden at the North/South. Get the blinders off.

Sounds like someone didn't get their participation trophy as a youngster

I've been going to dirt track racing for 46 years...growing up watching late models every one of them had wrinkled fenders...doors...quarters...that was dirt racing...it's now turning into a bunch of whining fans that think they know what's right and what's wrong with the sport...which I think is more of the problem than the drivers...I say let the drivers handle their business on the track like they usually do...the way people described things a bump...rub...clip the nose on a slider they make it sound like a demo derby...babb didn't like Bobbys slider at Macon and he stuffed Bobby in the wall the next time there...did I like it?? Absolutely not...but that's a case of a driver handling his business...

he11 years ago they had rub rails and heavy bumpers and oh by the way the tracks where packed every night and not because of a certain series was coming to town either, this is my 59 th year of racing by the way maybe its time to bring the rub rails back what do you think

I don't know if you're the only one or just the one that wants to call him booby, but how old are you? that's stupid. maybe everyone should call you "azz's and eights". as far as Florence goes and the slider on bloomquist, any contact is as much bloomquist's fault as pierce's. he was beat and he new it. if he would of backed off a little he would of been fine. if he had the car he could of passed him back. he didn't do or have either. it's racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
    In the last week I've seen 2 incidents involving younger drivers that disappointed me. The first was Booby Price at the N/S race and the worst part was his fans defending him and applauding his maneuver. One fan even described the move as, "graceful"... Graceful, really? What would you consider a slap in the face? A kind gesture perhaps. Now Booby throwing sliders, taking racers noses off and parking on the cushion is his MO, thats just how he thinks you should race. Its also why his car rarely comes home with a quarter panel on the RR, I'm not sure why they bother putting one back on it. Make no mistake, the young man is fast, talented even, but the disrespect he drives with, "feeding people the RR" every week, that isn't cool. Boo on you Booby Price.The second incident was with one of my favorite drivers, Jonathan Davenport at Bulls Gap. First he had a physical incident with Bloomer that even though I watched it a few times I can't determine from that camera angle what exactly happened. Later on though, JD is leading and JO gets a run on the outside. JO gets all the way up to JD's door on the outside as they approach a lap car at the end of the back stretch. Instead of lifting or going to the bottom, JD literally drives through the lap car... What? The lap car didn't even know he was there yet, so drilling him at full song was what looked like an act of desperation or bullying... Not cool JD, not cool. Nobody likes a bully.To me both of the incidents were indicative of a wider problem in motorsports and our society at large, the younger generation doesn't see anyone else as having any rights, its all about them and their young gun status. Driving through the field like a bulldozer is not a demonstration of skill, but an extreme display of disrespect for other racers and themselves. This is not how to race, no it absolutely is not.Sure we love seeing them sparking off the outside wall, throwing caution to the wind, taking chances. But driving like no one else should be there is wrong. Sometimes there are situations where you must back off or use skill instead throwing elbows. Both these guys are plenty skilled enough and have the best equipment around, that they should be making better decisions behind the wheel, period. Its okay to be hungry, but you don't get to eat my hand.
    Great post....the JD Scott deal was just hard racing BUT the Jimmy O deal your spot on...everyone that posted before me cant admit their wrong.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    I've been going to dirt track racing for 46 years...growing up watching late models every one of them had wrinkled fenders...doors...quarters...that was dirt racing...it's now turning into a bunch of whining fans that think they know what's right and what's wrong with the sport...which I think is more of the problem than the drivers...I say let the drivers handle their business on the track like they usually do...the way people described things a bump...rub...clip the nose on a slider they make it sound like a demo derby...babb didn't like Bobbys slider at Macon and he stuffed Bobby in the wall the next time there...did I like it?? Absolutely not...but that's a case of a driver handling his business...
    And they will...just dont come on here crying when lil Bobby gets whats coming to him.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Great post!! See it all the time on the track nowadays in all classes. I've been a fan and now a racer for a long time. Sure you always had your rivalries and such back in the day where there was rubbing and beating and banging. Nobody just drove through people though or they paid for it back in the pits! I think it really is an indication of where we are in society as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Great post....the JD Scott deal was just hard racing BUT the Jimmy O deal your spot on...everyone that posted before me cant admit their wrong.

It's not an issue of who's right or who's wrong...please read my above post...I promise you the drivers involved have moved on and preparing for the next race...the 4m bench racers want to just keep trying to make more out of everything than what it really is...if scott is able to catch Bobby and he feels the need to pay Bobby back in sure he wil

Yep if there drive does it What a move .. If it gets done too them Its they got run over.. You say the drivers move on , then you need too go in the Pits cause the DRIVERS keep saying Pay back is coming.. Its more then JUST Bloom that wants to pay back and the LIST is Growing.....

There's rubbin. Then you got slaming and just simply being dirty driving over your head!

Nothing wrong with moving a lap car after he's already been shown the "move over" flag several laps prior.

Scott catch bobby..OK..aint that the other way around? lol The only reason lil Bobby isnt in the wall for his dumba$$ moves is the respect drivers have for his daddy...enuf said

Let them have a demolition derby
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Scott catch bobby..OK..aint that the other way around? lol The only reason lil Bobby isnt in the wall for his dumba$$ moves is the respect drivers have for his daddy...enuf said
    You didn't see race did you he pulled crap that not none of these young punks including your hero never thought of doing and that was under a red flag condition

Bloomer fans are giant whiners just like Bloomer. Since when is laying a quarter panel on another guys nose to pass him for the lead considered "slamming" him? Have you even watched the video? There was barely any contact!