Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Real sponsors want a good guy image. That they wont have to spend so much fixing tore up race cars. If it wasnt for lil E Bad Brad would either be in a truck still or be with the rest of his family doing behind the scene work like work at a shop
    Then why is Danica still racing? Seems fixing cars are at the highest with her racing.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Then why is Danica still racing? Seems fixing cars are at the highest with her racing.
    Thats Easy Couple Million Girls...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Real sponsors want a good guy image. That they wont have to spend so much fixing tore up race cars. If it wasnt for lil E Bad Brad would either be in a truck still or be with the rest of his family doing behind the scene work like work at a shop
    Real sponsors want name recognition and not much else. They want to be exposed to the public so many times, that they become a household name. The image of the driver or track if they paid to make their product name, a part of the tracks name. Their product carries it's own image. They just want their names said often and in front of as many people as possible. Before Darrel Walthrip, no one knew what Gatorade was. He beat and banged Gatorade right into the national spotlight. Did they care about Darrel's image as the cash registers went kaChing? If you go to get a credit card and you only know about VISA and Capitol one, You are more than likely going to get one of them, instead of the 50 thousand other ones. Look at tha adds on this page. If you where looking for steel drive inserts, is there more than on name to look for them? Do you care about the image of drivers that run Strange? See what I mean? That is exactly how advertising works. Your name in front of your targeted audience.

You guys are getting off topic again... Let's get back to demonizing and minimizing the talent of Bobby again.. Loving all this free publicity he gets on here.. Do you guys even go to the races? Or just analyze and critique the tracks, cars and drivers from your computers. I think it is probably the latter. I really don't think you know what kind of young man Bobby is.. And it's definitely a good thing when you hammer him on here.. Thanks, his stock is going up !

Quote Originally Posted by cardirt0 View Post
    thats easy couple million girls...
    per weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelbaker View Post
    You guys are getting off topic again... Let's get back to demonizing and minimizing the talent of Bobby again.. Loving all this free publicity he gets on here.. Do you guys even go to the races? Or just analyze and critique the tracks, cars and drivers from your computers. I think it is probably the latter. I really don't think you know what kind of young man Bobby is.. And it's definitely a good thing when you hammer him on here.. Thanks, his stock is going up !
    Bad publicity is never GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Danica doesn't have to do much to get a mike shoved in her face and a picture of her car. That gives Go Daddy thousands of chances to get name recognition each season. When the fixation on Danica goes away, so will the sponsorship. Right now it's a good buy. Who heard of Go Daddy before Danica? The average person can't even give us on direct competitor to Go Daddy. Go Daddy don't fix her cars. The fee is a flat rate wrecks or not.

Quote Originally Posted by cardirt0 View Post
    bad publicity is never good
    maybe, maybe not also

This one you may be right on, Move him and people will be mad, dont move him and people will be Mad..I have too say I dont know witch one is right....I would have like too see him won it.. But I like clean.. But a little bump would not have hurt... I am lost on this one...

You have to know who to bump and who not to bump

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    You have to know who to bump and who not to bump
    Sounds like a Disco Dance LOL

Sometimes it is and some of these bumps like bloomer was complaining about is mild alot of over agggressive driving this year locally

Pierce won. You people that don't like it need to get over it. I have been around this sport for 65 years and I have never seen so much whining and crying about young drivers. So what, Scott didn't win, why in the world does this need to be dragged out. Are people this bored? The respect garbage is laughable. i mean real laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Pierce won. You people that don't like it need to get over it. I have been around this sport for 65 years and I have never seen so much whining and crying about young drivers. So what, Scott didn't win, why in the world does this need to be dragged out. Are people this bored? The respect garbage is laughable. i mean real laughable.
    Cause he wants to go to NASCAR thats why

Quote Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
    In the last week I've seen 2 incidents involving younger drivers that disappointed me. The first was Booby Price at the N/S race and the worst part was his fans defending him and applauding his maneuver. One fan even described the move as, "graceful"... Graceful, really? What would you consider a slap in the face? A kind gesture perhaps. Now Booby throwing sliders, taking racers noses off and parking on the cushion is his MO, thats just how he thinks you should race. Its also why his car rarely comes home with a quarter panel on the RR, I'm not sure why they bother putting one back on it. Make no mistake, the young man is fast, talented even, but the disrespect he drives with, "feeding people the RR" every week, that isn't cool.
    Boo on you Booby Price.

The second incident was with one of my favorite drivers, Jonathan Davenport at Bulls Gap. First he had a physical incident with Bloomer that even though I watched it a few times I can't determine from that camera angle what exactly happened. Later on though, JD is leading and JO gets a run on the outside. JO gets all the way up to JD's door on the outside as they approach a lap car at the end of the back stretch. Instead of lifting or going to the bottom, JD literally drives through the lap car... What? The lap car didn't even know he was there yet, so drilling him at full song was what looked like an act of desperation or bullying...
    Not cool JD, not cool. Nobody likes a bully.

To me both of the incidents were indicative of a wider problem in motorsports and our society at large, the younger generation doesn't see anyone else as having any rights, its all about them and their young gun status. Driving through the field like a bulldozer is not a demonstration of skill, but an extreme display of disrespect for other racers and themselves. This is not how to race, no it absolutely is not.

Sure we love seeing them sparking off the outside wall, throwing caution to the wind, taking chances. But driving like no one else should be there is wrong. Sometimes there are situations where you must back off or use skill instead throwing elbows. Both these guys are plenty skilled enough and have the best equipment around, that they should be making better decisions behind the wheel, period.

Its okay to be hungry, but you don't get to eat my hand.
    Are you new to this sport or something? Quit bellyaching about poor Bloomie and how mistreated he is. Good grief. Thread after thread. LOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Cause he wants to go to NASCAR thats why
    I hope he gets there. Seems like a nice young man to me. So does Devin Moran.

Noww i 've seen a face book teams crying about track conditions fancy thing was the vintage and 4 cyc class had no issues makes you want to go hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Brad Bad Boy... Harvick, Clean .... K Bush, Had too clean it up or was gone....Kyle Got Wife and Kid Cleaned it up Clean now......Edwards Mr nice Guy....1 bad 4 Clean .. NASCAR not happy with Brad If he dont Clean it up be Gone I bet money on it....

Dont fool yourself Gary on some of them names you posted my friend! Harvick yes he is a nice guy and very personable But would dump his Grandma if he thought he could get away with it! Kyle Busch still considered a BadBoy from his past and would put a fender to someone if he thought he was wronged and could get away with it! Brad Keseloski Just a plain excuse maker when he fuks up but he is fast and getting it done! Carl Edwards Nice guy but to nice needs to put a fender to someone because he gets used up to much which is why he will always be the modern day Dale Jarrett (Journyman) Racer! Good guys for the sport but just about done with their career Little E because of this concussion syndrum... Jimmy Johnson 40 yrs old and has nothing left to prove why risk getting hurt or worse! Smoke This is his last yr racing nascar going back to his roots Dirttrack Racing and promoting his tracks! Denny Hamlin just about done even though he isnt that old because of Back injuries.... Greg Biffle Age and cant hang with the new breed coming out plus i dont think he has eve really caught onto the new cars of today... Now these are all just my opinions of what i see happening in the not so far off future.... Nascar does need a badboybut Brad Keseloswki isnt the one they need so maybe Bobby Pierce would make a good fit in that catagory... he has the talent.... he has the charisma.... he definately isnt scared to throw a fender to someone veteran or young gun...He has the Bad attitude... He has that young good looks that all the lady fans are looking for as well so yeah he would make it if he had the right opportunity
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!