Default General Tire Grabber 100 Sun Sept 4 ARCA DuQuoin INFO/UPDATES

DuQUOIN, Ill. (August 23, 2016) - Whether he was pulling his own ride to the fairgrounds or he was climbing in someone else's car, Ken Schrader is not going to miss the first ARCA race ever under the lights at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds, coming Sunday night, September 4. "I can't miss DuQuoin," Schrader said. "All my heroes raced there. And now we're under the lights...I'm not missing that." Schrader's attachment to the legendary fairgrounds goes back to his early childhood. "I'd go over there in the back of my daddy's station wagon, camping out. It was just a couple hours from the house, but it seemed like it was across the country. I knew I was going somewhere big." It's going to get a lot bigger when the night lights shine down on the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards for the first time in the 63rd running of the General Tire GRABBER 100 Labor Day Weekend. As it turns out, Schrader won't have to drag his own car to DuQuoin...the good folks from Venturini Motorsports have got that handled. The Fenton, Missouri racing legend is slated to drive the No. 55 Venturini Motorsports (VMS) Toyota, that's after Schrader got to drive the No. 22 Cunningham Motorsports Ford at Springfield last Sunday where he finished fourth. "I'm thrilled to get to drive the 22 car once, and now to get to drive for the Venturinis is really big...that's two of the most solid teams in the series." The opportunity with VMS started out as a conversation between VMS Team Manager Billy Venturini and Ken Schrader Racing crew chief Donnie Richeson. "Donnie and Billy were talking. Billy was saying that they wanted to keep the 55 up in points and if you can think of anyone for DuQuoin, to let him know. Donnie laughed and said, 'Schrader will be there.' It got back to me, and I said, 'Hell yah I'll drive it.'" Beyond the value of one of the most iconic race car drivers in America in the driver's seat, Schrader's bringing an old friend along for the big show. "We're going to have Federated Auto Parts on the car. Car will be black with Federated decals. Really looking forward to it." It also means that Billy Venturini will be crew chiefing for Schrader at DuQuoin, an unlikely pair considering Schrader leans toward a calmer disposition compared to Venturini, who gets more animated at times. "I can always shut my radio off," Schrader said with a grin. Despite having logged more laps on dirt tracks than most on the DuQuoin entry list, Schrader admits he's a little unsure as to what to expect with the ARCA cars on the "Magic Mile" at night. "It's going to be different at night...we just don't know what's going to be different yet. It's gonna be good. Expect it to be wider and racier...we just don't know how wide yet. "The Silver Crown cars run the top there, but the track usually doesn't widen out as much for the stock car guys...they want to drive around the bottom. The Silver Crown cars get in straight, then it gets sideways and you follow it around. You can do the same with a stock car but you have to have something (a cushion) to lean against. I've heard that you can't drive a stock car like the Silver Crown there...I say you can." Schrader's pulling double duty at DuQuoin, racing his Federated Auto Parts Modified to complement his ARCA adventure. "The Modifieds always widen it out. How wide?...we don't know yet. It's going to get interesting. I think it's going to be a lot better under the lights. "Just looking forward to going to DuQuoin. It's always been special to me. All the mile dirts are special. We lost Syracuse...we don't need to lose anymore." Don Radebaugh dradebaugh@arcaracing.com Schrader became the oldest ARCA winner in history at 59 with his win at Salem Speedway in April of 2015, surpassing the same mark he set by winning at 58 at DuQuoin in 2013. He has 81 career starts since 1981 with 18 career wins, including three victories at DuQuoin in 2006, 2007 and 2013. He also has 20 pole awards, 51 top-five finishes, 64 top-10s and has led 2,732 laps in 43 races. He’s also made more than 700 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts with wins at Charlotte, Dover, Talladega and Atlanta. Two-time Bud Shootout winner at Daytona. Three-time Daytona 500 polesitter. Top-10 in Sprint Cup points eight times. USAC Silver Crown Series champion ’82. USAC Sprint Car champion ’83. Ken Schrader ARCA wins: Hagerstown half-mile dirt '90 Topeka KS road course '91 Indianapolis Fairgrounds mile-dirt '94 Toledo Speedway '97, ’04, ’05, ’06 & ‘13 Springfield mile-dirt '98 Anderson Speedway '99 Salem Speedway ’99 & '15 DuQuoin mile-dirt ’06, ’07 & ‘13 Nashville Superspeedway ’01 South Boston Speedway ’02 & ‘03.

70th Anniversary of First Auto Race on DuQuoin “Magic Mile” DuQuoin, IL-(August 27, 2016)-This Labor Day weekend marks the 70th birthday for automobile racing on the famed “Magic Mile” at the picturesque DuQuoin State Fairgrounds in southern Illinois. A hall of fame roster of drivers have seen action on the DuQuoin clay which has produced some of the most famous and infamous moments in American auto racing. William Hayes, owner of the local Coca-Cola bottling plant envisioned a fair in southern Illinois that rivaled yet complimented the established state fair in Springfield. He purchased 30 acres land on the south side of the small southern Illinois community and in 1923 launched the first DuQuoin State Fair. In 1939 the Hayes group purchased reclaimed strip mine land adjacent to the fair property and increased the size of the fairgrounds to 1200 acres. The reclaimed mine land helped give the fair its appearance of lakes and camping areas, in addition over 1400 trees were planted as part of the landscaping effort. Near the end of World War II construction began on a new one mile dual purpose race track to replace the half mile track and small wooden grandstand that were used for horse and auto racing. The half mile grandstand burned to the ground during the summer of 1945 and as a result the new grandstand had to be rushed to be able to host fairgoers for entertainment that year. Steel shortages from the war prevented the grandstand from being completed and the ban on auto racing, which had not yet been lifted, prevented cars from taking to the track. Actually August 31 of this year will mark the exact date that auto racing was first contested on the mile long ribbon of dirt as in 1946 Labor Day fell on September 2 of that year. Thus, on Saturday August 31, 1946 sprint cars took to the mile before a large crowd in the grandstand which did not yet have the classic roof over the stage area. CSRA star Jimmy Wilburn won the 25 mile event, two days later Hal Cole took a 10-mile feature on the new track. Cars returned in 1947 with Wilburn setting a new track record of 36.91 and winning a 25 mile feature in sprint cars on August 30, while Ray Knepper won a 10-mile feature on Labor Day. Despite the success of the first events Hayes had bigger plans for his facility. Petitioning for and gaining sanction for a AAA 100-mile national championship race during the winter Hayes scheduled the event for Labor day 1948 and to the surprise of many scheduled a second one in October. The fair race was won by future Indianapolis 500 winner Lee Wallard while the still date in October turned tragic. A cool day with a small crowd watched as popular national driving champion Ted Horn flipped in turn 4 early in the event and later passed away at the local hospital. The accident made national headlines and gave rise to the annual Ted Horn 100 national championship race during the DuQuoin State Fair. Champ cars and midgets returned in 1949, with stock cars added in 1950. 1950 also marked the first time a DuQuoin championship car race was rained out and not rescheduled. Over the next five and one half decades auto racing fans by the thousands made the Labor Day weekend pilgrimage to DuQuoin for the motor sports program. The list of participants in those programs currently fills more than one auto racing hall of fame. Jimmy Bryan, Fred Lorenzen, A.J. Foyt, Rodger Ward, Jack Bowsher, Don White, Butch Hartman, Al Unser, Mario Andretti, Gary Bettenhausen, Dean Roper, Jack Hewitt and Frank Kimmel are just a few of the names who have visited DuQuoin’s lakeside victory lane. A new tradition continues Labor Day weekend with the first all night time racing program on the mile. The USAC Ted Horn 100 takes place on Saturday night September 3, with the ARCA General Tire Grabber stock car race on Sunday night September 4. Pit gates are scheduled to open on Saturday, September 3 at 1:00 PM, with the grandstands at 4:00, hotlaps at 5:00, and racing at 7:00 with Modified heats followed by the Ted Horn 100 presented by Casey's General Store. The ARCA Racing Series, presented by Menards comes to town on the following day for the General Tire Grabber 100 presented by Federated Car Care. Sunday pits will open at 10:00 AM, with grandstands opening at 1:00 PM. ARCA practice will be on track at 2:30 with Modifieds trackside for hotlaps at 3:35. Menards pole qualifying presented by Ansell will take place at 5:30 with the Modified feature to follow at 6:30. The green flag is scheduled to drop on the General Tire Grabber 100 presented by Federated Car Care at 8:00 PM. Advance discount tickets are available, reserved and general, for $25 each day through the DuQuoin State Fair box office or through the Track Enterprises office. Tickets for children 11 and under are $10. Day of race purchases at the gate are $5 more at $30 per person. The DuQuoin State Fairgrounds ticket office can be reached by calling 618-542-1535, while the Track Enterprises number is 217-764-3200. For full info on the event, visit www.trackenterprises.com.

ARCA: Opportunity Knocked and Trista Stevenson Answered, Will Make Series Debut at DuQuoin Trista Stevenson got her first taste of racing at a very young age, watching her dad compete on dirt tracks near her hometown of Pocahontas, Illinois. Stevenson’s older brother started racing Quarter Midgets when she was just three, and she would drive his race car around the yard because you had to be at least five-years-old to race. Stevenson began her racing career when she turned five in Quarter Midgets and has driven Late Models, Super Trucks and UMP Modifieds. In addition to racing, Stevenson works as a park ranger for the Army Corps of Engineers and is currently at Table Rock State Park in Branson, Missouri. “We do a lot of patrolling in our campgrounds and beaches and ensure people are complying with the rules and regulations,” Stevenson told Rubbings Racing. “I’m working with the public every day. I give a lot of environmental and educational programs to the public who come in to our visitor’s center. It can be a program from animals to hydro power.” Stevenson’s career as a park ranger has limited her racing schedule the past couple of seasons. “I’m going on five years as a park ranger. Up until a year ago, I lived in Pocahontas, but coming to Table Rock was a promotion for me that I couldn’t pass up. I work on the weekends, so it’s been hard to race. Last year, I worked evenings on the weekends so it was impossible to race. This year, I work on Saturdays during the day, but I’m also five hours away from my hometown now so it’s not as easy to get back home.” Last season Stevenson only raced twice, but prior to that she was running full-time almost every weekend. The 25-year-old driver took to the track for the first time in 2016 last weekend, competing at Highland Speedway and finishing ninth in a UMP Dirt Modified. When opportunity knocks in racing, race car drivers answer. And for Stevenson, that knock came less than two weeks ago in the form of a phone call from Dan Griffin, Jake Griffin’s dad. Jake Griffin was slated to drive the No. 15 Toyota for Venturini Motorsports at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds on Labor Day Weekend, but Griffin had the chance to compete in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park on the same day. “I was actually supposed to drive Jake Griffin’s asphalt late model ride at I-44Speedway in Lebanon, Missouri this summer but I couldn’t commit to being off of work on Saturday’s and neither could my dad,” Stevenson said. “That’s how we got hooked up with the Griffin’s. We had heard of them before and they obviously had heard of us before. Then Dan Griffin called my father and asked if we wanted to take over his ARCA ride at DuQuoin because they had other obligations. We got talking and we made a deal and hooked up with Venturini that way.” Stevenson and her father had always discussed running an ARCA car at Springfield or DuQuoin, but the opportunity to run with Venturini Motorsports is like a dream come true. “We discussed building one ourselves and being able to race it whenever that time came around but we just never did it. We were always busy racing the Modified or doing other stuff so we just never pulled the trigger on that one. When the opportunity came to drive for Venturini Motorsports we jumped at the chance.” Veteran crew chief Jeff McClure will call the shots on the pit box and Landon Huffman will serve as Stevenson’s spotter. Huffman made his ARCA debut behind the wheel with Venturini Motorsports a few weeks ago at Berlin Speedway and has spent some time in various spotting roles, including several races in the K&N Pro Series East with Austin Theriault. Stevenson was on hand with the Venturini team at the last ARCA race, also on the dirt, at the Illinois State Fairgrounds in Springfield. “It was really good to get to meet the guys and know who they were before I just kind of showed up at the track at DuQuoin. It was good watching how they work together and getting a feel of how I’m going to be when I’m in the car and how they treat me and everything. I learned a lot by being at Springfield and taking the time to be there two weeks early to meet everybody and see how the deal is going to go.” Stevenson has been watching YouTube and older video of races at DuQuoin as well as Springfield and also talking to her uncle, Steve Stevenson, who made 12 ARCA starts in the late 90’s with a career best eight-place finish at the Illinois State Fairgrounds in 1997. Another advantage for Stevenson will be her teammate for DuQuoin, dirt expert and veteran racer Ken Schrader. “I talked to Kenny Schrader at Springfield. He’s run at DuQuoin a lot. It’s awesome to have him as a teammate for DuQuoin. I’ve raced against Schrader before at Tri-City Speedway in a Modified. I’ve talked to him a couple times before so it’s awesome to have somebody that’s so knowledgeable not only at that track but of the race car or any track in general to be my teammate.” This opportunity in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for Stevenson’s dad and she wouldn’t run the No. 45 on her own race cars if it wasn’t for the Petty family. “My dad’s been there right beside me and stuck me in a car that was the best he could do for me and we went out and won a lot of races and championships in Quarter Midgets. “I was really a big Adam Petty fan which is why my number is 45 on my race cars. I think that had a lot to do with my cousin working for the Pettys and I just really like everything that the Pettys have done for kids with Victory Junction. I’ve met Kyle, Richard and Austin (Kyle’s son). They’re all great guys. I went to the grand opening of the Victory Junction Gang Camp and it was just amazing.” Stevenson is a graduate of the Lyn St. James Women in the Winners Circle Program and also a past participant in the NASCAR Drive for Diversity combine. “It was great. I met a lot of very knowledgeable, young racers,” Stevenson said of being a part of the Drive for Diversity program in 2007 and 2008. “I remember going the first day, meeting all the other drivers, and going back and telling my dad that these people know racing. I talk to my friends and they’re like I don’t have any idea what you’re talking about race car wise. Then I go to this program and everybody there is just as knowledgeable as or more knowledgeable than me. “That’s where I got my experience in a heavier car that would be similar to an ARCA car. I drove a Busch East car there. It was a really all-around great experience, especially meeting all the people and having all those contacts.” One of the highlights of Stevenson’s career came in the United States Super Truck Series during the 2009 season. Stevenson would earn two wins and finish second in the championship standings, a mere seven points from capturing the title. Another memorable moment was the one-race chance to drive Ty Dillon’s Late Model out in North Carolina. “Ty decided to go hunting and they wanted me to jump in the car because the guy who was the crew chief knew me really well. So he called me up and we went out there and finished fifth in that race.” For a driver that has spent her time racing in the Midwest, the chance to run at DuQuoin is a special opportunity. “The Midwest is filled with some of the greatest dirt driver’s around so it’s extremely tough competition out here. Around Pocahontas, there are five or six dirt tracks within an hour.” With Stevenson’s hometown just 80 miles from the track at DuQuoin, there will be a large crowd on hand for her debut. “I think almost everybody and their brother from the town is going to come along. It’s great to have everybody out there, especially my friends and family.” While obviously wanting to win at DuQuoin in the General Tire GRABBER 100, Stevenson indicated the key to a successful debut would be staying out of trouble. “Especially watching Springfield, the top-five toward the end of the race was creating havoc up at the front and wrecking. If I stay calm during the race and don’t put my nose (of the car) where it doesn’t belong, I think we can get out of there with a top-10, easily.” Jake Griffin finished ninth at the Illinois State Fairgrounds in Springfield in the No. 15 car and Stevenson paid close attention to the team throughout the race. “I listened on the radio to what they were adjusting and they made the right adjustments. I’m hoping my car is going to be the same or close. I trust the guys to give me a good car and hopefully they trust me to be able to run it.” Pit gates are scheduled to open on Saturday, September 3 at 1:00 PM, with the grandstands at 4:00, hotlaps at 5:00, and racing at 7:00 with Modified heats followed by the Ted Horn 100 presented by Casey's General Store. The ARCA Racing Series, presented by Menards comes to town on the following day for the General Tire Grabber 100 presented by Federated Car Care. Sunday pits will open at 10:00 AM, with grandstands opening at 1:00 PM. ARCA practice will be on track at 2:30 with Modifieds trackside for hotlaps at 3:35. Menards pole qualifying presented by Ansell will take place at 5:30 with the Modified feature to follow at 6:30. The green flag is scheduled to drop on the General Tire Grabber 100 presented by Federated Car Care at 8:00 PM. Advance discount tickets are available, reserved and general, for $25 each day through the DuQuoin State Fair box office or through the Track Enterprises office. Tickets for children 11 and under are $10. Day of race purchases at the gate are $5 more at $30 per person. The DuQuoin State Fairgrounds ticket office can be reached by calling 618-542-1535, while the Track Enterprises number is 217-764-3200. For full info on the event, visit www.trackenterprises.com.

No more contemplation...local favorite Cooksey returns for a run on the "Magic Mile" TOLEDO, Ohio (August 29, 2016) - The deal came together fast, but the locals will be glad it did when Centralia, Illinois' Joe Cooksey marches through the gates at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds for the 63rd running of the General Tire GRABBER-Southern Illinois 100 Sunday, September 4. As the crow files, Centralia is about 40 miles from DuQuoin. In a field already stacked with Illinois flavor, it got a lot tastier when Cooksey made a bargain on the fly with longtime ARCA team owner Wayne Hixson last weekend at Springfield. "Got up to Springfield Sunday morning...walked up to Wayne (Hixson) and said, 'got my car done?'" Cooksey joked. "Actually boy I just might," came back the quick reply from Hixson. "I went up to him last year at Springfield and asked the same question...just sort of kidding around," Cooksey continued. "He told me that if I would have gotten with him a month earlier, he might have been able to make it happen." The lesson learned here...the answer's still no if you don't ask. Cooksey asked, again, and this time the deal is done. Cooksey, who hasn't raced at either Springfield or DuQuoin since 2009, made a round trip trek to Chattanooga, Tennessee Saturday, picked up the car and pulled it home to give it a quick once-over before the race. Although it'll be No. 2 at DuQuoin, it's the same car (No. 11) that Eric Caudell drove at Springfield. "The body's really nice on the car. I'm just going to do the things that I know work...a lot of little things we'll incorporate in the car. We'll get as good of a finish as we can without tearing anything up...under strict instructions not to tear it up. Obviously, I'm not going to win the race...just be there at the end and see where that brings us out. "We won't take the motor out but take everything else out...shocks, springs, sway bar, gear. We'll put it on the pull-down that we use for our late model...get the front-end geometry right; then put it back together. If nothing else, it'll go around the corners good. We can't wreck it...same car he's gonna run at Chicagoland." Cooksey finished a career-best fourth in ARCA national championship standings in 1999, the same year he finished a career-best second at Flat Rock Speedway. Outside of that, it was always the mile dirts where Cooksey excelled the most, finishing third four times between Springfield and DuQuoin. In fact, 10 of Cooksey's 16 top-five finishes came at Springfield and DuQuoin. The local favorite also earned the Menards Pole at DuQuoin in 2000. In 2003, a year that he finished third at DuQuoin, only NASCAR stars Tony Stewart and Ken Schrader finished ahead of him. Despite having not raced at DuQuoin in years, Cooksey clearly understands the track. But, like all the rest, he'll race on the "Magic Mile" at night, under the lights, for the very first time. "You have to remember, we're still going to start early in the day, so a lot of the laps Sunday will be in the daytime. I anticipate that early in the day, the track will fool some guys...normal DuQuoin...narrow. But later, once the sun goes down, enough moisture will come back to the middle and top. If you get up there, with enough guys working that groove, you could be really hauling the mail...high-wide and handsome." As always, Cooksey's older brother Mike will be spotting. "I think this night race deal's got everyone all excited. I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to be kind of neat just to be a small part of it. All these years later, I'm a little more laid back now...that should help. We won't win the thing, but we're gonna have some fun." The General Tire GRABBER 100 will mark Cooksey's 138th career ARCA start. He has 53 career top-10 finishes overall. Don Radebaugh dradebaugh@arcaracing.com Past Championship Stock Car Winners at DuQuoin The past winners list of the General Tire Grabber 100 includes some of the most widely-recognized names in American motorsports. Jay Frank won the inaugural Southern Illinois 100 in 1950. Just some of the winners who would follow include Marshall Teague, Indy 500 winners Jimmy Bryan and AJ Foyt, Fred Lorenzen, Don White, Norm Nelson, Jack Bowsher, NASCAR champions Rusty Wallace and Tony Stewart, Bob Keselowski, Billy Thomas, Ken Schrader, Parker Kligerman, Chris Buescher and Grant Enfinger. Raceday Schedule Practice for the September 4 General Tire Grabber 100 is scheduled from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m., with Menards Pole Qualifying presented by Ansell following at 5:30. The 63rd General Tire Grabber 100 starts at 8:00. All times are local. Media Coverage The race will be tape-delayed on the American Sports Network. The race will also feature live timing and scoring and live chat for all on-track activity at ARCAracing.com, as well as live flag-to-flag audio race coverage.

Cunningham inks ARCA champ Enfinger in 22 at DuQuoin; going for 3 straight on Magic Mile MOORESVILLE, N.C. (August 29, 2016) - Cunningham Motorsports has announced that Grant Enfinger will become the ninth driver in 2016 to take the reins of the team's No. 22 Ford when the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards pulls into the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds for the 63rd running of the General Tire GRABBER-Southern Illinois 100 Sunday, September 4. Enfinger will be going for three straight victories at DuQuoin, having won on the "Magic Mile" in 2014 and 2015. Enfinger also won the Menards Pole presented by Ansell last year. Enfinger acknowledges that the Cunningham cars have always been his competition on the track. “The guys at Cunningham Motorsports have always been competitors on the track, but I definitely think there is a mutual respect there," Enfinger said. "Those guys have a lot of speed this year.“ Enfinger will be teammates with current championship leader Chase Briscoe, who has a 510-point lead headed into the final dirt track race of the season. “The Cunningham organization has a great shot at the championship with Chad (Bryant) and Chase (Briscoe) in the No. 77. I also appreciate my bosses at GMS for letting me call in sick from my regular job with my truck team crewing duties to get in a great ride.” In 93 ARCA starts, the Fairhope, Alabama driver has 15 wins, with 2397 laps-led overall. Enfinger has also made four NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts this year with GMS Racing, finishing eighth at Michigan this past weekend. In Enfinger’s lone ARCA Series start this season, he won the General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible200 at Pocono Raceway in June. “I am really looking forward to getting back behind the wheel of an ARCA car next week.It’s great to know that I’ll be in great equipment… because I'll be in Paul Andrews’ car.” 3rd Leg of Bill France 4 Crown going under the lights at DuQuoin This year's General Tire GRABBER 100 at DuQuoin will be the first-ever ARCA race going under the lights on the historic mile dirt track. The race also marks the third leg of the Bill France 4 Crown championship. This year's tracks include the New Jersey Motorsports Part road course, the Lucas Oil Raceway short track, the DuQuoin dirt and Chicagoland Superspeedway. Past Championship Stock Car Winners at DuQuoin The past winners list of the General Tire Grabber 100 includes some of the most widely-recognized names in American motorsports. Jay Frank won the inaugural Southern Illinois 100 in 1950. Just some of the winners who would follow include Marshall Teague, Indy 500 winners Jimmy Bryan and AJ Foyt, Fred Lorenzen, Don White, Norm Nelson, Jack Bowsher, NASCAR champions Rusty Wallace and Tony Stewart, Bob Keselowski, Billy Thomas, Ken Schrader, Parker Kligerman, Chris Buescher and Grant Enfinger. Raceday Schedule Practice for the September 4 General Tire Grabber 100 is scheduled from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m., with Menards Pole Qualifying presented by Ansell following at 5:30. The 63rd General Tire Grabber 100 starts at 8:00. All times are local. Media Coverage The race will be tape-delayed on the American Sports Network. The race will also feature live timing and scoring and live chat for all on-track activity at ARCAracing.com, as well as live flag-to-flag audio race coverage.

Hendren Brings Record Setting Achievement to DuQuoin DuQuoin, IL (August 29, 2016)-William “Bill” Hendren of central Illinois has owned race cars since the Nixon administration, most of the stock car variety. He’s also the car owner with the apparent longest tenure at both state fairs in Illinois with some 40 years of entries in the ARCA-General Tire Grabber-Southern Illinois 100 stock car race at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds. Hendren celebrates the 42nd anniversary of his first DuQuoin entry in the 63rd edition of DuQuoin’s major stock car event on Sunday night, September 4. Hendren entered national championship ranks in 1974 when he fielded USAC stock cars for fellow McLean County, Illinois resident Ken Rowley. Rowley went on to win Rookie of the Year in the USAC division and the “Hendren Army” began a tradition of occupying the pit area and a large section of the grandstands at both of Illinois state fairs. A victory on the dirt in front of the ‘home’ crowd and the Hendren Army has always been a goal of the team’s entries. Hendren and Rowley made 22 starts in the Labor Day weekend classic at DuQuoin in the quest for that victory. Ken won two poles in 1990 and 1991 when the race went 200 miles. Kenny had a best finish of third for Hendren in 1984 in an event also scheduled for 200 miles. After Rowley retired the team turned to Bob Strait to pilot their stock cars. In their first effort at DuQuoin Strait ran from 25th to 3rd tying the best finish for a Hendren entry at DuQuoin. In 2005 after a year layoff Strait gave the team its best DuQuoin finish, starting 2nd and finishing 2nd at the Magic Mile. The team also assisted in fielding cars for Mark Littleton. Current Hendren driver Ryan Unzicker first ran for the team in 2003, finishing 17th at DuQuoin. He returned for them at DuQuoin in 2013 with a best finish of 7th coming in 2014 and secured the team’s best ever finish at Springfield with a third just over a week ago. Bill Hendren and his army of friends and family return to DuQuoin once again Sunday night for the General Tire Grabber-Southern Illinois 100 Sunday night. Practice for the ARCA Racing Series is slated to begin at approximately 2:30 p.m. with qualifying at 5:30 and the 100-mile General Tire Grabber 100 presented by Federated Auto Parts at 8

Illinois strong...Kovski, Unzicker most recent entrants for first night race at DuQuoin TOLEDO, Ohio (August 30, 2016) – The local Illinois fans will have a lot more to cheer about Sunday night, September 4 when the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards goes under the lights for the first time at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds "Magic Mile" dirt. With Galesburg, Illinois AJ Fike already entered, the locals got a spike when newcomer/rookie Trista Stevenson (Pocahontas, Ill.) entered in the 15 car for Venturini Motorsports. Then ARCA veteran Joe Cooksey, just 40 miles away in Centralia, came out of nowhere, entered in Wayne Hixson's Chevrolet. Now you can add Illinoisans Kelly Kovski (Springfield) and Ryan Unzicker (El Paso) as the most recent drivers to enter the much-anticipated 63rd running of the General Tire GRABBER-Southern Illinois 100. Unzicker, the 2011 UMP national dirt late model champion, thrilled his throngs of followers at Springfield, finishing a career-best third after battling with race winner Justin Haley over the final two laps during a thrilling green-white-checker finish. Kovski ran with the leaders all the way before a late-race accident in turn three took him from competition. And of course, Fike kept his fans on their feet till the very end, finishing second. 2015 ARCA national champion driver Grant Enfinger (Fairhope, Ala.) is also a recent entry in the No. 22 Cunningham Motorsports Ford. Enfinger will be aiming for three consecutive wins at DuQuoin. Ken Schrader drove the 22 to a fourth-place finish at Springfield, but has already announced he'll be driving the No. 55 Venturini Motorsports Toyota at DuQuoin. Schrader will be competing against his own Schrader Racing No. 52 Ansell-Menards Toyota with Matt Kurzejewski at the helm. Championship leader Chase Briscoe, who finished a disappointing fifth at Springfield after leading 62 laps, will be Enfinger's teammate at DuQuoin. Stay tuned for the announcement regarding the No. 98 Mason Mitchell Motorsports Chevrolet. Haley was a late entry in the 98 for Springfield and came out a winner. ENTRY LIST Past Championship Stock Car Winners at DuQuoin The past winners list of the General Tire Grabber 100 includes some of the most widely-recognized names in American motorsports. Jay Frank won the inaugural Southern Illinois 100 in 1950. Just some of the winners who would follow include Marshall Teague, Indy 500 winners Jimmy Bryan and AJ Foyt, Fred Lorenzen, Don White, Norm Nelson, Jack Bowsher, NASCAR champions Rusty Wallace and Tony Stewart, Bob Keselowski, Billy Thomas, Ken Schrader, Parker Kligerman, Chris Buescher and Grant Enfinger. Raceday Schedule Practice for the September 4 General Tire Grabber 100 is scheduled from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m., with Menards Pole Qualifying presented by Ansell following at 5:30. The 63rd General Tire Grabber 100 starts at 8:00. All times are local. Media Coverage The race will be tape-delayed on the American Sports Network. The race will also feature live timing and scoring and live chat for all on-track activity at ARCAracing.com, as well as live flag-to-flag audio race coverage.

Hessert, two times a runner-up finisher at DuQuoin...can't wait to go under the lights DuQUOIN, Ill. (Sept. 1, 2016) – Tom Hessert has already finished second two times at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds "Magic Mile" dirt. It goes without saying that the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards veteran driver is excited to go back for this Sunday's 63rd running of the General Tire GRABBER-Southern Illinois 100 Sunday night, Sept. 4 under the lights. “I’m always excited to go dirt racing,” said Hessert. “Springfield and DuQuoin back-to-back have always been favorites on the ARCA schedule. This year is extra special racing under the lights at DuQuoin...it’s going to be a first for me. Racing at night is going to improve the racing too. We’re not used to these tracks holding moisture. I think it’s going to be a better show all the way around.” Hessert will be aboard the Venturini Motorsports flagship machine - the No. 25 Detour Sunglasses Toyota. Hessert is a perennial top-five finisher at both Springfield and DuQuoin mile dirt tracks. “I feel like our momentum is building. We’ve been very strong and have challenged for the win the last couple races. I expect this trend to continue at DuQuoin. The guys are back in the shop working hard and giving me some great race cars. I’d like to get one for the entire team. "It's no surprise that we got off to a tough start this year, but we've been pretty decent the last few races...feel like we're contending for wins now. We had a top three car at Springfield before we had some overheating issues; but we've made some changes and we should be in better shape for DuQuoin. Currently third in ARCA’s national championship point standings, Hessert is just 25 points from runner-up championship driver Josh Williams. "I really feel like we have an opportunity to win a couple races before the year's out. We're obviously in a really tight points battle so we'll look to improve on that too. "I'm really exciting for this night race at DuQuoin...I know it's been years since ARCA ran a dirt race at night...not sure if they ever have on the mile dirts. It was always fun to watch the Silver Crown cars race the night before...but we always had to run the next day when the track was dried out and tough to get a hold of. At night, the track's going to keep more moisture...it's going to be a completely different track. Be nicer for the fans too...cooler. I can't wait. I'm predicting a big crowd." Past Championship Stock Car Winners at DuQuoin The past winners list of the General Tire Grabber 100 includes some of the most widely-recognized names in American motorsports. Jay Frank won the inaugural Southern Illinois 100 in 1950. Just some of the winners who would follow include Marshall Teague, Indy 500 winners Jimmy Bryan and AJ Foyt, Fred Lorenzen, Don White, Norm Nelson, Jack Bowsher, NASCAR champions Rusty Wallace and Tony Stewart, Bob Keselowski, Billy Thomas, Ken Schrader, Parker Kligerman, Chris Buescher and Grant Enfinger. Raceday Schedule Practice for the September 4 General Tire Grabber 100 is scheduled from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m., with Menards Pole Qualifying presented by Ansell following at 5:30. The 63rd General Tire Grabber 100 starts at 8:00. All times are local. Media Coverage The race will be tape-delayed on the American Sports Network. The race will also feature live timing and scoring and live chat for all on-track activity at ARCAracing.com, as well as live flag-to-flag audio race coverage.

Big Time Night Racing On Tap For DuQuoin IL State Fair Saturday & Sunday USAC, ARCA, & UMP Drivers Set For Magic Mile The green flag is set to drop, sending cars at high speeds around the Magic Mile at the DuQuoin IL State Fair. The racing tradition continues for a 70th year, featuring action in the USAC Silver Crown Series, ARCA Racing Series Presented By Menards, and the UMP Modifieds. For the first time, both days of racing, Saturday and Sunday, will be held under the lights. On Saturday, September 3, the stars of the USAC Silver Crown Champ Car Series will be on track for the Ted Horn 100 presented by Casey's General Stores. The event has an entry list in the upper 30's, making for a huge show that fans are looking forward to. Kody Swanson leads the current standings by just 13 over Chris Windom. Swanson has claimed three wins this season and will be tough to beat on the Magic Mile. Justin Grant, Jerry Coons, Jr., and David Byrne are top five point contenders. On Sunday, September 4, the ARCA Racing Series Presented By Menards will be competing in the General Tire Grabber 100 Presented By Federated Car Care. The event is just one of two dirt races that the series competes at every year. Winamac, IN driver, Justin Haley, took the victory at the Springfield Mile a couple weeks ago but former series champion, Grant Enfinger may be the favorite this weekend. Enfinger will be driving the Cunningham Motorsports #22 and has won the last two years at DuQuoin. NASCAR personality Ken Schrader will be no slouch either, racing in a Venturini machine. Chase Briscoe, series point leader, has claimed four wins this season and is expected to be very fast. Josh Williams, Tom Hessert, Matt Kurzejewski, and Thomas Praytor round out the top five in standings. The UMP Dirtcar Modifieds will be in action both days, running qualifying and heat races on Saturday, with the $2,000 to win feature on Sunday evening. A solid field of 17 cars are pre-entered with several more expected to attend at the event. Last year, Brian Shaw and Ken Schrader battled back and forth with Shaw taking the victory. Pit gates are scheduled to open on Saturday, September 3 at 1:00 PM, with the grandstands at 4:00, hotlaps at 5:00, and racing at 7:00 with Modified heats followed by the Ted Horn 100 presented by Casey's General Store. The ARCA Racing Series, presented by Menards comes to town on the following day for the General Tire Grabber 100 presented by Federated Car Care. Sunday pits will open at 10:00 AM, with grandstands opening at 1:00 PM. ARCA practice will be on track at 2:30 with Modifieds trackside for hotlaps at 4:30. Menards pole qualifying presented by Ansell will take place at 5:30 with the Modified feature to follow at 6:30. The green flag is scheduled to drop on the General Tire Grabber 100 presented by Federated Car Care at 8:00 PM. Advance discount tickets are available, reserved and general, for $25 each day through the DuQuoin State Fair box office or through the Track Enterprises office. Tickets for children 11 and under are $10. Day of race purchases at the gate are $5 more at $30 per person. The DuQuoin State Fairgrounds ticket office can be reached by calling 618-542-1535, while the Track Enterprises number is 217-764-3200. For full info on the event, visit www.trackenterprises.com.

http://www.arcaracing.com/events/198...entry_list_reg Current pre-entry list from ARCA, which is being updated daily.

ARCA Dirt Track Aces Perform Well at Springfield, Head for DuQuoin DuQuoin, IL=(September 1, 2016)-It was expected that the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menard’s drivers with dirt track experience would perform well at the Illinois State Fairgrounds on August 21 and they certainly lived up to expectations. Drivers with some significant dirt track experience occupied the first 6 slots at Springfield and 7 of the top 10. Many of the same drivers head for the picturesque DuQuoin State Fairgrounds and Sunday night’s General Tire Grabber-Southern Illinois 100. The addition of a favorite from the southern part of the state makes it even more difficult for many of the ARCA regulars to crack the top 10. Justin “J.J.” Haley became the youngest major race winner in Illinois State Fair history as at age 17 years, 3 months and 23 days he led the last 9 laps at Springfield to capture the Central Illinois Super Chevy Stores.com-Allen Crowe 100. Haley raced micro sprints on the dirt for a few years in northern Indiana and the tough competition he faced at U.S. 24 Speedway and Miami County Speedway appeared to help the youngster at Springfield. A.J. Fike is one of a select group of drivers who can claim victory in a championship dirt car and stock car at Springfield and finished 2nd there on Sunday. He has three pole positions in ARCA competition on the DuQuoin Magic Mile and has led 3 different times at DuQuoin for a total of 9 laps. A.J. is the only driver scheduled to do the ‘DuQuoin Double’ for a record 10th time, compete in the USAC dirt car race Saturday night and the ARCA race Sunday night. 2011 UMP National Driving Champion Ryan Unzicker finished a career best 3rd for long time entrant Bill Hendren who has been coming to DuQuoin since 1974. In 4 starts at DuQuoin Unzicker has two top 10 finishes. Three-time General Tire Grabber-Southern Illinois 100 winner Ken Schrader was 4th at Springfield and switches rides taking over the Venturini 55 driven by Tanner Thorson. In 16 DuQuoin starts Schrader has been running at the finish 13 times. ARCA point leader and second generation driver Chase Briscoe is a former sprint car driver whose dad raced on dirt and whose grandfather sponsored numerous cars including that of southern Illinois favorite son Chuck Amati. Briscoe led the most laps at Springfield and finished fifth. Tom Hessert, 3rd in ARCA points, has extensive USAC and ARCA dirt experience and was sixth at the Illinois State Fair. Jake Griffin, the 17 year old sensation from Quincy, Illinois was 9th at Springfield and at times showed spectacular skill on the mile dirt. Griffin will miss the DuQuoin event as he has a NASCAR schedule conflict Sunday night. Replacing him in the Venturini machine is local modified and late model driver Trista Stevenson of Pocahontas, Illinois. Stevenson’s older brother Steve has an ARCA start on the DuQuoin mile and the Missouri Park Ranger is looking forward to her rookie run on the DuQuoin dirt. An announcement at the beginning of the week has fans from the southern part of Illinois rejoicing. Centralia’s Joe Cooksey returns behind the wheel of one of Wayne Hixson’s machines. Cooksey won the pole at DuQuoin in 2000 and finished 3rd behind Tony Stewart and Schrader in 2003. He hasn’t driven an ARCA machine on dirt since 2009 and his last appearance behind the wheel at DuQuoin is believed to be in 2011 shaking down a modified for Tony Stewart. A second announcement brings back the two-time defending race winner. 2015 ARCA champ Grant Enfinger of Alabama will slide into the Cunningham seat occupied by Schrader at Springfield. Dirt late model veteran Dale Shearer, formerly of Alahambra, Illinois got a career best 11th place finish at Springfield. Springfield’s Kelly Kovski was involved in an accident at the Illinois State Fair event but has repaired the car and is on the DuQuoin entry list. Kovski has 11 starts and 5 top 10 finishes on the Magic Mile including leading 2 races for 19 total laps. With all of the dirt track experience in the field it may be difficult for ARCA regulars such as Thomas Praytor of Alabama, Mike Basham of Indiana, Matt Kurzejewski of Pennsylvania, Josh Williams of Florida or Will Kimmel of Indiana to break into the top 5 at DuQuoin. Praytor and Basham did get top 10 finishes at Springfield while Williams and Kimmel led portions of the Springfield event. Kurzejewski, driving for the Ken Schrader team, had one of the faster cars on track but got one lap down early due to overheating. Williams is second in the ARCA point standings but his title hopes took a hit due to a late race accident at Springfield. Kimmel ran strong at Springfield until the engine let go in his machine just past the three-quarter mark. One thing is certain about the DuQuoin event. None of the drivers have ever run an ARCA car under the lights in competition at DuQuoin. The first night race ever for the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menard’s is scheduled for Sunday night at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds. Qualifying is slated for 5:30 p.m. with the General Tire Grabber 100 at 8.

Just 1 day away from the first of 2 days of racing at the DuQuoin State Fair! Saturday, September 3rd kicks things off with the USAC Racing Silver Crown Series Ted Horn 100 presented by Casey's General Store and UMP Modified qualifying races. Saturday DUQUOIN TIMES: 1:00 PM Pits & Registration 4:00 PM Ticket Office & Grandstands 4:00 PM ARCA & UMP Drivers Meetings 5:00-6:10 PM Silver Crown Practice 6:10 PM UMP Modified Hotlaps 6:30 PM Silver Crown Qualifying 7:00 PM UMP Modified Heats/Silver Crown Semi 7:30 PM Pre-Race Ceremonies 8:00 PM Silver Crown Ted Horn 100 Presented By Casey's Sunday, September 4th it is the ARCA RACING SERIES presented by Menards General Tire Grabber 100 presented by Federated Car Care and 23rd Oldani Memorial DIRTcar UMP Modified Championship Event. SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 4 DUQUOIN TIMES: 10:00 AM Pits & Registration 1:30 PM ARCA Drivers Meeting 1:00 PM Ticket Office & Grandstands 2:00 PM UMP Drivers Meeting 2:30 PM ARCA Practice 4:30-5:00 PM UMP Modified Hotlaps 5:30 PM ARCA Qualifying 6:30 PM 23rd Annual Bill Oldani Memorial UMP Modified Feature 7:15-7:45 PM Driver Autograph Session 7:45 PM ARCA Driver Introduction 7:55 PM National Anthem 8:00 PM ARCA General Tire Grabber 100 Presented By Federated DUQUOIN TICKET INFO: Tickets will be available on raceday or by calling the DuQuoin State Fair office at 618-542-1535. Info and tickets can also be obtained by calling the Track Enterprises office at 217-764-3200. RESERVED SEATING Advance Tickets (Presale) $25 Adults Per Day $10 Children 11 & Under Per Day Day Of Tickets (At Gate) $30 Adults Per Day $10 Children 11 & Under Per Day PIT PASSES $35 Adults Each Day $20 Children 11 & Under Each Day (4 Two Day Pit Passes @$40 Each Allowed Per Modified Team) For more information on other Track Enterprises events, follow Track Enterprises online at www.trackenterprises.com, on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TrackEnterprises), and Twitter (@TEIRacing). Updates are also available by calling the Track Enterprises home office at 217-764-3200. More info may be available at www.usacracing.com, www.arcaracing.com, or http://www.illinois.gov/sites/dsf/

It is race night 1 of 2 at the DuQuoin State Fair! Tonight it is the USAC Racing Silver Crown Series taking to The Magic Mile for the 64th Annual Ted Horn 100 presented by Casey's General Store. Also on the card are the DIRTcar UMP Modfied qualifying heat races for the 23rd Bill Oldani Memorial. Tomorrow night it is the inaugural night race for the ARCA RACING SERIES presented by Menards in the 63rd Annual General Tire Grabber 100 presented by Federated Car Care plus the 23rd Annual Bill Oldani Memorial UMP Modified championship event. SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 3 DUQUOIN TIMES: 1:00 PM Pits & Registration 4:00 PM Ticket Office & Grandstands 4:00 PM ARCA & UMP Drivers Meetings 5:00-6:10 PM Silver Crown Practice 6:10 PM UMP Modified Hotlaps 6:30 PM Silver Crown Qualifying 7:00 PM UMP Modified Heats/Silver Crown Semi 7:30 PM Pre-Race Ceremonies 8:00 PM Silver Crown Ted Horn 100 Presented By Casey's SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 4 DUQUOIN TIMES: 10:00 AM Pits & Registration 1:30 PM ARCA Drivers Meeting 1:00 PM Ticket Office & Grandstands 2:00 PM UMP Drivers Meeting 2:30 PM ARCA Practice 4:30-5:00 PM UMP Modified Hotlaps 5:30 PM ARCA Qualifying 6:30 PM 23rd Annual Bill Oldani Memorial UMP Modified Feature 7:15-7:45 PM Driver Autograph Session 7:45 PM ARCA Driver Introduction 7:55 PM National Anthem 8:00 PM ARCA General Tire Grabber 100 Presented By Federated DUQUOIN TICKET INFO: Tickets will be available on raceday or by calling the DuQuoin State Fair office at 618-542-1535. Info and tickets can also be obtained by calling the Track Enterprises office at 217-764-3200. RESERVED SEATING Advance Tickets (Presale) $25 Adults Per Day $10 Children 11 & Under Per Day Day Of Tickets (At Gate) $30 Adults Per Day $10 Children 11 & Under Per Day PIT PASSES $35 Adults Each Day $20 Children 11 & Under Each Day (4 Two Day Pit Passes @$40 Each Allowed Per Modified Team) For more information on other Track Enterprises events, follow Track Enterprises online at www.trackenterprises.com, on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TrackEnterprises), and Twitter (@TEIRacing). Updates are also available by calling the Track Enterprises home office at 217-764-3200. More info may be available at www.usacracing.com, www.arcaracing.com, or http://www.illinois.gov/sites/dsf/

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 4 DUQUOIN TIMES: 10:00 AM Pits & Registration 1:30 PM ARCA Drivers Meeting 1:00 PM Ticket Office & Grandstands 2:00 PM UMP Drivers Meeting 2:30 PM ARCA Practice 4:30-5:00 PM UMP Modified Hotlaps 5:30 PM ARCA Qualifying 6:30 PM 23rd Annual Bill Oldani Memorial UMP Modified Feature 7:15-7:45 PM Driver Autograph Session 7:45 PM ARCA Driver Introduction 7:55 PM National Anthem 8:00 PM ARCA General Tire Grabber 100 Presented By Federated DUQUOIN TICKET INFO: Tickets will be available on raceday or by calling the DuQuoin State Fair office at 618-542-1535. Info and tickets can also be obtained by calling the Track Enterprises office at 217-764-3200. RESERVED SEATING Advance Tickets (Presale) $25 Adults Per Day $10 Children 11 & Under Per Day Day Of Tickets (At Gate) $30 Adults Per Day $10 Children 11 & Under Per Day PIT PASSES $35 Adults Each Day $20 Children 11 & Under Each Day (4 Two Day Pit Passes @$40 Each Allowed Per Modified Team) For more information on other Track Enterprises events, follow Track Enterprises online at www.trackenterprises.com, on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TrackEnterprises), and Twitter (@TEIRacing). Updates are also available by calling the Track Enterprises home office at 217-764-3200. More info may be available at www.usacracing.com, www.arcaracing.com, or http://www.illinois.gov/sites/dsf/