Thumbs up great dirt track

Here's a shout out for River Cities Speedway in Grand Forks, North Dakota, just 145 miles south of Winnipeg, Canada. On Friday evening, August 19, Donny Schatz won the LATE MODEL feature, which had 24 cars. There were also 24 cars in the 410 sprint feature (Schatz didn't enter). Three other classes ran as well. Three-wide racing was common. I thought the track was in great shape throughout the evening, but they still "farmed it" before the features; however, they "farmed" the low line and the high line------------and left the middle untouched ! Maybe I don't get around much, but I've never seen a two-thirds "farmed" track----hee hee hee. Anyway, great racing at a great track--
    Hey, it's only 350 miles northwest of Cedar Lake Speedway ! ----no dust, tacky, racey, BBQ pork to die for, etc. etc. ---had a great time
    Jim Hanson
    Pine City, Minnesota

You are lucky. All I have is Blackslick City and a dirt and rubber shower to go to locally. And a dirtburger with extra SNEEZE!!!!

go take a trip lil guy

Quote Originally Posted by jhanson View Post
    Here's a shout out for River Cities Speedway in Grand Forks, North Dakota, just 145 miles south of Winnipeg, Canada. On Friday evening, August 19, Donny Schatz won the LATE MODEL feature, which had 24 cars. There were also 24 cars in the 410 sprint feature (Schatz didn't enter). Three other classes ran as well. Three-wide racing was common. I thought the track was in great shape throughout the evening, but they still "farmed it" before the features; however, they "farmed" the low line and the high line------------and left the middle untouched ! Maybe I don't get around much, but I've never seen a two-thirds "farmed" track----hee hee hee. Anyway, great racing at a great track--
    Hey, it's only 350 miles northwest of Cedar Lake Speedway ! ----no dust, tacky, racey, BBQ pork to die for, etc. etc. ---had a great time
    Jim Hanson
    Pine City, Minnesota
    Did you say great BBQ??? What made it so good ( if you don't mind sharing)?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Never anything bad about River City... Fast 1/4 mile from what I hear.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

to Barbecueboy: It had chunky strings of meat--something to chew, but not too chewy--very juicy--the juice had some mojo, but not too strong for a Scandinavian---hee hee hee---huge--came in one of those cardboard flat bottom boats--
    cost $5.25 but I thought it was well worth it--I had not eaten my evening meal and I was well satisfied with nothing else to eat.
    Blessings ! (P.S. I think they called it "pulled pork barbecue" )

to Krooser: just eye-balling the track, it seemed just a bit smaller than a three-eighths but bigger than a one-fourth. I was a bit confused, but that doesn't take much these days---hee hee hee. I suppose I should check what River Cities Speedway calls it. (Grand Forks, ND)

When I was in college River Cities was my home track and I miss that place a TON. When I was there you would regularly see full fields in the 410s and the Wissota LMs and consi races for the Street Stocks and the Midwest Mods. They have an annual LM race called the John Seitz Memorial (pays $9200 to win) and always draws a great field of cars (usually on World 100 weekend). I saw my first ever dirt race at RCS and remember thinking the Late Model guys were crazy running with the RR tire just about off the track in those high banked corners with a huge drop down. I've seen many cars go off the side and it is never pretty.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanson View Post
    to Barbecueboy: It had chunky strings of meat--something to chew, but not too chewy--very juicy--the juice had some mojo, but not too strong for a Scandinavian---hee hee hee---huge--came in one of those cardboard flat bottom boats--
    cost $5.25 but I thought it was well worth it--I had not eaten my evening meal and I was well satisfied with nothing else to eat.
    Blessings ! (P.S. I think they called it "pulled pork barbecue" )
    Thanks jhanson......always curious what folks consider great BBQ.

What you described sounds pretty tasty.......and for 525 , that was a bargain.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

kinda looks and shaped like tyler county

I think that's the track x-sprintcar racer don mack owns...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c34e-6Gg-88Sprint car on board. WoO sprints track record 9.9 seconds.
    Last edited by 6565; 08-26-2016 at 12:13 PM.

My measurement may be a bit generous but I got an outside diameter of 1460 feet. Looks about like a spot on 1/4 miler in the high groove.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 08-26-2016 at 04:02 PM.