Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    As a person who isn't as up to date on tech related stuff that is definitely a weakness of mine. I've got some great people who know a ton that help me with the series but could definitely imagine there are holes that a lawyer might be able to pick out.

http://www.midatlanticmods.net/rules.html
    When i had my Light and Sound Co. I sent my Lease papers too the Insurance co, a week later they sent me a letter and a new Lease I could use...I like the one they sent me... But the Big thing was If I use the one they sent me they said they give me a 10% Discount...Guess witch one I used....

A good lawyer can keep this from going to trial( if and when) for years.

Anyone who insures anything involved with racing (or anything extra dangerous presumably) is a little more stringent. I got several quotes and the smallest one was exactly $1500 (They had a minimum premium amount).

I'm sure they carry insurance for a really big amount -- but 16 Million? I doubt if you add up every UMP race all season and all of their payouts it barely equals 16 Million -- if that!

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    I appreciate your enthusiasm , but wisdom trumps enthusiasm almost every single time.....

Like you really needed to explain to me that insurance at a race track is a little more stringent?

Come on man, this isn't snapchat and you aren't talking to your buddies at the smoothie bar.......I certainly am not the smartest guy in the room, but I kinda have a pretty good working knowledge of a few things ( especially things that I am confident in talking about)
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I am not the race director at events (The track flag man and on track officials are in charge when the cars are on track). I think you are right that the business insurance does not cover if say the series has a race director that didn't throw a caution for a spun car and someone got killed or something like that. But I could be wrong there too.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    You can feel pretty confident knowing I'm right on this one.......and it would cover a much larger scope than just things like that.

You are probably right but from my perspective I would be just as critical of this lawsuit if Josh and Mark Richards themselves were behind it. It is bad for racing, I don't care if Scott Bloomquist and Co. decide to donate the entire 16M to charity it is still a net negative in my book -- not because I don't want to see them win or get money, but as others have stated it is going to lead to more and more problems.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    And on the glass half full side..........will fix more problems than it will cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I appreciate your enthusiasm , but wisdom trumps enthusiasm almost every single time.....

Like you really needed to explain to me that insurance at a race track is a little more stringent?

Come on man, this isn't snapchat and you aren't talking to your buddies at the smoothie bar.......I certainly am not the smartest guy in the room, but I kinda have a pretty good working knowledge of a few things ( especially things that I am confident in talking about)
    Why do you take everything I say as hostile?

I was justifying where my $1500 premium came from, you seemed to say that you got insurance for your company cheaper which I believe. How would you have liked me to respond to your post? I honestly am willing to listen if there is something I should say different that would make you less upset about it.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    A good lawyer can keep this from going to trial( if and when) for years.
    A good one can escalate the speed of a settlement or admission too........
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 08-31-2016 at 03:07 PM.

And on the glass half full side..........will fix more problems than it will cause.
    I guess you could look at it that way.

Currently thousands of races happens annually with thousands of problems regarding the weighing of cars and testing of tires.

In the future there will be zero races happening and thus zero problems.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

As a person who isn't as up to date on tech related stuff that is definitely a weakness of mine. I've got some great people who know a ton that help me with the series but could definitely imagine there are holes that a lawyer might be able to pick out.

http://www.midatlanticmods.net/rules.html
    Missing one thing at the bottom needs too say: all pay outs is Per the Track rules we are racing at...
    ...By putting that at the Bottom you just put that All on the Track....
    Nice site you got there

I guess you could look at it that way.

Currently thousands of races happens annually with thousands of problems regarding the weighing of cars and testing of tires.

In the future there will be zero races happening and thus zero problems.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    You heard it here first..........dirt racing is over per Marty mcfly......he has seen the future.

You're a trip Jeff........sorry we won't ever get to see any racing together.

1. Do we really think eldora doesn't follow the law when it comes to scales? 2. You can ban someone from a business .

You heard it here first..........dirt racing is over per Marty mcfly......he has seen the future.

You're a trip Jeff........sorry we won't ever get to see any racing together.
    If they have not paved it over and put up a bestbuy yet I plan on going to Screven again next year so there might still be hope!

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Their is a form that they have to agree to and sign part of it says that if their is problem that they will NOT go after damages of any kind or sue for damages of any kind and their is a lot more to this form that they sign I tried to upload it but I don't know how this form is on stlracing forum so sounds like to me bloomquist and the others don't have a leg to stand on
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    Their is a form that they have to agree to and sign part of it says that if their is problem that they will NOT go after damages of any kind or sue for damages of any kind and their is a lot more to this form that they sign I tried to upload it but I don't know how this form is on stlracing forum so sounds like to me bloomquist and the others don't have a leg to stand on
    I doubt the lawyer wouldn't have even agreed to represent them if they hadn't already found a way around that form.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Why do you take everything I say as hostile?

I was justifying where my $1500 premium came from, you seemed to say that you got insurance for your company cheaper which I believe. How would you have liked me to respond to your post? I honestly am willing to listen if there is something I should say different that would make you less upset about it.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Sorry if it comes across hostile, it's just calling a spade a spade.

Your posts are drenched with condescension as if you need to explain to everyone how the world works........you should live in it a little longer before you tell everyone how it's supposed to work.....that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    Not worth the paper it's written on........especially in an instance like this.

In my opinion

Sorry if it comes across hostile, it's just calling a spade a spade.

Your posts are drenched with condescension as if you need to explain to everyone how the world works........you should live in it a little longer before you tell everyone how it's supposed to work.....that's all.
    I definitely don't mean to come across as condescending. Sorry that I did.

If they have not paved it over and put up a bestbuy yet I plan on going to Screven again next year so there might still be hope!

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    James would run a field of mopeds there before that would happen......

I definitely don't mean to come across as condescending. Sorry that I did.
    Same here on the sounding hostile part........

James would run a field of mopeds there before that would happen......
    That could be an interesting addition to the tons of racing they have at Winter Freeze every year. Maybe me vs. you in a Moped Grudge Match on the Go-Cart track? I've never driven a moped before but as long as there is a cushion up top I should be alright according to everyone on here -- no talent required!

Thanks,
    Jeff.