Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

If Bloomquist wins his Scale case, will Babb Sue for his 7 pounds at the World? Probably the same scales. I could get behind Babb on this. At least he didn't try to weasel out of being light. I changed engines and this one was lighter. No lie and refreshing, stand up guy right there, even though it hurt. Did anyone really expect Bloomer to say, he lost a weight during the race or was too lazy to check weight with track scales that day? What makes him think, he don't deserve a bad rep?

W2 you are spot on in your assessment.

I have thoughts on tire sampling as well after my mod team was sampled but......

As far as scales/scaling. The company I've worked at for over 27 years ((not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) that's a long time) uses scales all day long. Our scales were last tested by the state of Illinois in March 2015, but we are still able to use them because it's assumed they are still accurate. For us we see other sets of weights from customers who weigh at their facility upon delivery to make sure our scales are correct. Isn't this the same as a driver weighing prior to racing? Also when scales are certified by the state they can be +/- 60 to 100# off and still be approved. That's well within the issue at the Dream.

Every scale will weigh different any given day, trust me. But think about this...how about when the DOT sets up portable scales on the side of the road to check truck weights. Those portable scales could be on uneven ground (as racers we make sure our scale pads are as level as possible with shims etc) and who knows if they are right. But when a truck goes across them, whatever the weight shown is gospel, no matter what scale ticket from supplier shows.

With lawyers involved, nobody wins and where does it stop?

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    That is the issue:

In that case either second place car is going to go open a lawsuit because the rules state track scales are final and they had to give you all the 100k because of playing it like that, or you guys get a lawsuit for the opposite reason. It is a pretty big deal to be fighting over the title of being the last ever winner of the event once the track goes out of business or decides to can the event. Racing has survived for this long because guys have not been like this, and if it starts to change and more and more have this outlook as I've been saying if you are involved with racing for a job I would be looking for other opportunities at this point because the writing is on the wall.
    Then start looking for jobs.......because this day and age, good old boy ain't broke ain't fixin it thinking is being fired daily.

It's amazing that someone in race promotions and officiating would say the sport is doomed because the drivers and teams want to be treated fairly.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I agree it could be run like that and it would be an improvement and it isn't impossible for the track in question, but this court case is going to set a precedent that will apply to the home town race tracks and that is where the problem comes in.
    And in the old Days UMP would have fixed this .. Not now cause its Own by a Racing group .. I seen this coming the day they Bought it Biggest com-flick of In. I have ever seen...How can UMP rule on WRG if its Owned by WRG...Then the Small people pay for it in the end...Its too the point that you need too run UMP or run In a league.. but not both .. I think all the Cup drivers should stay in cup and not be in the truck or xfinity S..I go to a Truck race I dont want to see Cup drivers....Want to see the truck drivers...

That is the issue:

In that case either second place car is going to go open a lawsuit because the rules state track scales are final and they had to give you all the 100k because of playing it like that, or you guys get a lawsuit for the opposite reason. It is a pretty big deal to be fighting over the title of being the last ever winner of the event once the track goes out of business or decides to can the event. Racing has survived for this long because guys have not been like this, and if it starts to change and more and more have this outlook as I've been saying if you are involved with racing for a job I would be looking for other opportunities at this point because the writing is on the wall.
    Amen brother, this is a slippery slope now. He wins this, this will turn the sport on its head. I dont see local guys running to lawyers for $500, but all tracks may need to maintain their scales and have the certification to back them up moving forward. Right or wrong, thats all added cost that small tracks will struggle with.
    Last edited by heinen81; 08-29-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMatich View Post
    W2 you are spot on in your assessment.

I have thoughts on tire sampling as well after my mod team was sampled but......

As far as scales/scaling. The company I've worked at for over 27 years ((not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) that's a long time) uses scales all day long. Our scales were last tested by the state of Illinois in March 2015, but we are still able to use them because it's assumed they are still accurate. For us we see other sets of weights from customers who weigh at their facility upon delivery to make sure our scales are correct. Isn't this the same as a driver weighing prior to racing? Also when scales are certified by the state they can be +/- 60 to 100# off and still be approved. That's well within the issue at the Dream.

Every scale will weigh different any given day, trust me. But think about this...how about when the DOT sets up portable scales on the side of the road to check truck weights. Those portable scales could be on uneven ground (as racers we make sure our scale pads are as level as possible with shims etc) and who knows if they are right. But when a truck goes across them, whatever the weight shown is gospel, no matter what scale ticket from supplier shows.

With lawyers involved, nobody wins and where does it stop?
    The days of the sanctioning bodies as the only ones that have lawyers are gone too......for goodness sake, I don't think these guys are suing just for fun.

They feel like they have been wronged.......the sanction says they haven't.

When you can't come to a resolution as an individual vs a company , where does it end up normally.......in court.

I agree it sux to see it go this way, but the wrg dug their heels in, used the same old tired in house appeal process they have always used and wouldn't budge.

Well guess what? Now they are reluctantly budging..........

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Then start looking for jobs.......because this day and age, good old boy ain't broke ain't fixin it thinking is being fired daily.

It's amazing that someone in race promotions and officiating would say the sport is doomed because the drivers and teams want to be treated fairly.......
    Will you think its bad now let the Dem. get in the WH racing will be Dead.. Ele cars Just not a race...Rulers dont want to Rule the want too be King. why should racing not be the same.. I am King do it my way or go home ..Drivers finally say F==K you and sue.... = No winners all losers

One simple solution to the weight issue would be to only weigh the cars prior to the race. As the cars stage for the race, they go across the scales. One crew person per car there with extra weight. If the car is light, you add weight right there with the officials present.
    Everyone sees it. No one goes on the track until they pass.

For those who are asking why only Bloomquist was light, if the lawsuit is correct, not only were they light, but they were inconsistent ("out of tolerance") as well. They could have calculated his weight based on the scale earlier and it ready heavier compared to a later time if this is true. From the article:"The next month, the Ohio Department of Agriculture found that the scale was 'out of tolerance,' indicating weights 15 to 61 pounds too light in six tests, the lawsuit states. The scales, which Eldora had replaced just before the race, allegedly indicated errors of 37 to 61 pounds, state inspectors found."And as others mentioned, it isn't like every car was weighed. There was only a small number that was after the race.

I agree it could be run like that and it would be an improvement and it isn't impossible for the track in question, but this court case is going to set a precedent that will apply to the home town race tracks and that is where the problem comes in.
    If the hometown track is doing something shady enough to get taken to court , then that's on them.........the local teams aren't going to throw their hard to come by money at frivolous weekly lawsuits.

This thing we are talking about with wrg isn't even in the same conversation......

Does some one know how much Gas it takes too run a 100 lapper at Big E...

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin44 View Post
    For those who are asking why only Bloomquist was light, if the lawsuit is correct, not only were they light, but they were inconsistent ("out of tolerance") as well. They could have calculated his weight based on the scale earlier and it ready heavier compared to a later time if this is true. From the article:"The next month, the Ohio Department of Agriculture found that the scale was 'out of tolerance,' indicating weights 15 to 61 pounds too light in six tests, the lawsuit states. The scales, which Eldora had replaced just before the race, allegedly indicated errors of 37 to 61 pounds, state inspectors found."And as others mentioned, it isn't like every car was weighed. There was only a small number that was after the race.
    Unless you want to be automatically enrolled in the tin foil hat club.......be careful when you post logical and well thought out information like you just did.

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin44 View Post

How ever many other cars were weighd at that race wknd were not light only bloomer.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Unless you want to be automatically enrolled in the tin foil hat club.......be careful when you post logical and well thought out information like you just did.
    Its his First Post. you need too give time be for you give him a Foil hat......

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    One simple solution to the weight issue would be to only weigh the cars prior to the race. As the cars stage for the race, they go across the scales. One crew person per car there with extra weight. If the car is light, you add weight right there with the officials present.
    Everyone sees it. No one goes on the track until they pass.
    It's a good idea, but then you would have all of the " everybody cheats" conspirators saying that the racers would develop some sort of secret ejection system to shed weight during the race...........sorta like a reverse flux capacitor.

Tin foil hats ........they are making a comeback.

Default Lawsuit

I have read no ones posts, an I'm not going to, just give my two cents and move on.

Do I think Bloomer's from the scales has merit? If they weren't certified, and tested out of calibration, yes. Said it from the start, no matter who it was. Really, it's common sense, you pay by the scales, so be certain they are accurate and certified by the state. It's all about covering your a$$. That way you can tell Bloomer and anyone else, to pi$$ off. Instead, this, because they went old school, it's in the rule book. Which means nothing, like I said, to the state and the courts. Does it mean Scott will win the suit, no. If Eldora can prove their scales were accurate, still his loss.

On the tires, transparency is certainly needed. Tires didn't meet the benchmark, ok, what was wrong. Like, I committed a crime, but we don't wanna tell you what it was, you just did. Didn't say they added juice, or from an official standpoint, took something away. I heard from multiple places, that something was missing, but it wasn't official. And that lab better be up to snuff and have their equipment certified and their workers certified. So they all have merit on that one.

Do I think this is good for the sport, absolutely not. I don't believe in the doom and gloom that's on DoD, but it's not good. But, quit doing things like ya did 10-20 years ago. All employers, organizations, have started to learn to cover their a$$. My company certainly does that. So these race tracks and series better get into the 21st century and cover their a$$. Go over everything with real good lawyers, and have it all written out explicitly. Then you can take it all into court and tell Bloomer, and the rest, to suck it. Instead, I think this is going to be real messy.

And people are going to go one way or the other because of Bloomer. You can't look at it that way. You gotta see race car x and driver x, and go from there. Not going to happen on here, but in the court of law, it better. Because on here, people cannot be unbiased. No matter who was involved, I think they have merit. Just my opinion.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    How ever many other cars were weighd at that race wknd were not light only bloomer.
    Top 3 were the only ones to be weighed

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Its his First Post. you need too give time be for you give him a Foil hat......
    No man.......husker girl said that even the guys at dirt on dirt recognize the signals I get when I wear mine..........that's grand pubah material right there........I know a future tin foil hat guy when I see him, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I have read no ones posts, an I'm not going to, just give my two cents and move on.

Do I think Bloomer's from the scales has merit? If they weren't certified, and tested out of calibration, yes. Said it from the start, no matter who it was. Really, it's common sense, you pay by the scales, so be certain they are accurate and certified by the state. It's all about covering your a$$. That way you can tell Bloomer and anyone else, to pi$$ off. Instead, this, because they went old school, it's in the rule book. Which means nothing, like I said, to the state and the courts. Does it mean Scott will win the suit, no. If Eldora can prove their scales were accurate, still his loss.

On the tires, transparency is certainly needed. Tires didn't meet the benchmark, ok, what was wrong. Like, I committed a crime, but we don't wanna tell you what it was, you just did. Didn't say they added juice, or from an official standpoint, took something away. I heard from multiple places, that something was missing, but it wasn't official. And that lab better be up to snuff and have their equipment certified and their workers certified. So they all have merit on that one.

Do I think this is good for the sport, absolutely not. I don't believe in the doom and gloom that's on DoD, but it's not good. But, quit doing things like ya did 10-20 years ago. All employers, organizations, have started to learn to cover their a$$. My company certainly does that. So these race tracks and series better get into the 21st century and cover their a$$. Go over everything with real good lawyers, and have it all written out explicitly. Then you can take it all into court and tell Bloomer, and the rest, to suck it. Instead, I think this is going to be real messy.

And people are going to go one way or the other because of Bloomer. You can't look at it that way. You gotta see race car x and driver x, and go from there. Not going to happen on here, but in the court of law, it better. Because on here, people cannot be unbiased. No matter who was involved, I think they have merit. Just my opinion.
    It's the opinion of many c and b............very well spoken.

I wish I could be as eloquent, but then I guess I would lose grand pubah tin foil hat status........which is kind of a gratifying title right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post

Dont Love or Hate Bloomer..Right or wrong.. If someone Kicks you in the Nuts.. You fight back.. I think they Kicked him in the Nuts and Bloomer is the 1 of few that is fighting back...I think he pulled in too his Pit and put it on his Scales and they say he was not lite..If so he said I am not lite they told him to Kiss off .. he sued.. 100000 bucks So would I....