Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

who says they have to any thing that's on private property plus its in the rule book when they sign in their entry fee they agree by those rules if one car out of 88 cars is light now the sales are wrong I don't think it works that way and if that track is sales are wrong then every track in the nation should have scales checked weekly how is that going to work out

A race track can not make up a rule that supercides a state law. State law if payout is based on weight then the scales must be certified.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Bloomer Hate.. there are a lot of thing Hurting racing right now.. This is not one of them..They will fix this make new rules and move on....You cant play football with out football players and its the same with Dirt racing...I hate Unions but it may be time for the drivers too form one....
    You are kidding, right? The drivers already make most of the rules now. A union. Please. You live with the rules or don't go.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    who says they have to any thing that's on private property plus its in the rule book when they sign in their entry fee they agree by those rules if one car out of 88 cars is light now the sales are wrong I don't think it works that way and if that track is sales are wrong then every track in the nation should have scales checked weekly how is that going to work out
    Once some one Pays too come on that.. Property, It is no longer Private...its open to the People....and must obey the laws of the state....

drivers union has never never did any good

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You are kidding, right? The drivers already make most of the rules now. A union. Please. You live with the rules or don't go.
    Did not say i liked it but .. Then the track should too live with the Rules and the scales were wrong....
    .And a lot of drivers are just doing that not going and then there was NONE.....and racing dies....
    There are rules thats say no 3rd shock. no this and no that ... and then there a Law that say the scales must bee RIGHT and they were not...I love it too be Lets just race but it dont work that way no more....

I say no tire rule and no weight rule. Lol

Does anyone have a valid link somewhere stating the scales weren't inspected?

This is were they all get in a big room and fix this.. But it will not happen....

Did not say i liked it but .. Then the track should too live with the Rules and the scales were wrong....
    .And a lot of drivers are just doing that not going and then there was NONE.....and racing dies....
    There are rules thats say no 3rd shock. no this and no that ... and then there a Law that say the scales must bee RIGHT and they were not...I love it too be Lets just race but it dont work that way no more....
    Actually, that is what we probably need. A death of it in its current form. Then it can be reborn where things are not legislated to the nth degree because less is st stake.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Eldora is not buying and selling commodities. The scale is a simple tool to enforce their rules. I guess you think the tape measures that they use on deck height better be calibrated to a NIST standard as well?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The suit states that the scales came up with a range of 45lbs difference on the test that were done. If you are weighed after a heat and it may only weigh 10lbs light, you will adjust for that. but then after the feature it could weigh 50lbs off and you would still be 40lbs short.

if they were consistant you could adjust. The state test showed the scales varied on each time tested

The next month, the Ohio Department of Agriculture found that the scale was "out of tolerance," indicating weights 15 to 61 pounds too light in six tests, the lawsuit states.
    The scales, which Eldora had replaced just before the race, allegedly indicated errors of 37 to 61 pounds, state inspectors found.
    Copped from law suit ...Ohio Department of Agriculture is the ones too inspector the scales.. they say that that are wrong....If they were not inspected be for then they may have broken the Law....

Quote Originally Posted by 1dartman View Post
    The suit states that the scales came up with a range of 45lbs difference on the test that were done. If you are weighed after a heat and it may only weigh 10lbs light, you will adjust for that. but then after the feature it could weigh 50lbs off and you would still be 40lbs short.

if they were consistant you could adjust. The state test showed the scales varied on each time tested
    That writeup didn't get details to understand what the scale was doing. It was probably off so many# at 2000, so many at 3000, etc. I serious doubt repeatability was that poor.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Eldora is not buying and selling commodities. The scale is a simple tool to enforce their rules. I guess you think the tape measures that they use on deck height better be calibrated to a NIST standard as well?
    Bingo we have a winner, they aren't selling hamburger or a truckload of sand.

Not what the law says, If you do not pay because of wate when the scales are Certified they have too be Right....

This is were they all get in a big room and fix this.. But it will not happen....
    its called the rule book follow it or go home

Looks like lots of arm chair lawyers here.
    How about this... WRG file a temporary injunction banning said drivers from competing in any UMP or WOO event until said case is settled. Such cases can and probably will drag on for years.
    Now basically there are WOO, UMP, Lucas, and open events to choose from at that level. Let's take away half of the events until the lawyers have decided they have enough of everyone's money and come to a resolution.
    I think win or lose, they will still lose. And remember, can't sue for costs involving a civil suit. And then there's the enivitable counter suits for each plaintiff. You really think Smoke is going to take this sitting down? I doubt it. I would say he might have the clout to squash some things here.
    It will never help the sport of racing.

Trucks do not sell they carry it too the stores.. and they can not be over a ton age or they are fined.. Ohio Law.. so if the car cant be under 3200 Pounds then the Scale must be Certified BY Ohio LAW..... ITS the LAW

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    its called the rule book follow it or go home
    It's also called state law. City, State, and U.S. laws always TRUMP sports laws & rules. If holding a sports event you (the venue, promoter, manager, ect...) are to abide by them or pay the consequences. Track rules don't mean sh!t when it comes to government laws.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1