Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Why $16.5 Million?

I understand that if these guys truly didn't dope their tires, they want their names cleared, their prize money back, and the testing process fixed. But why 16.5 million? If they succeed they will ruin Eldora and WRG and set a horrible precedent. 16.5 seems way to high and unreasonable giving the situation.

wouldn't worry to much bloomer and team has a lawyer of one you know wrg tony etc will have big time lawyers working on this case

Bloomquist, new owner of the Big E? I like it...

Just say no...

yep if happens another track down the tubes with a lawyer team of one you are kidding right

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Bloomquist, new owner of the Big E? I like it...
    I dont. The races would never start on time. His race team is a total circus. I couldnt imagine a race track being ran by him. I watched his 2 crew guys lose his car down the hill in the pit area at the n/s. He was no where to be seen. Thanks to the Bowyer crews......they got it stopped before it wiped every car out at the bottom of the hill.

Lmfao then gets whipped by a 19 yr old

It's very common in lawsuits to ask for an absurd amount of money. This is because in civil law you're never awarded more than what you ask for unless punitive damages are awarded (Which there's no chance in hell in this case). A plaintiff almost never gets the exact amount he/she ask for. Just because one wins a case doesn't mean they get the exact amount of money that they ask for. A judge or jury will usually award a lesser amount unless the party being sued is proven to have caused enough damage to warrant the asking price. For example, lets say you're seeking $10,000 in damages against someone in a lawsuit. You're much more likely to get that amount or close to it by asking for much more. Also, asking for a high amount allows for a case to be settled outside of court for a favorable amount. If WRG folds on this, I doubt they'll offer a settlement anywhere near what Bloomer and party are asking for, but let's say they offer $5 million. That's a million a piece for each driver. Still much more than the prize money and other costs associated with everything. Can't forget about lawyer fees either. Lawyer typically asks for 30-35% of outcome total.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    It's very common in lawsuits to ask for an absurd amount of money. This is because in civil law you're never awarded more than what you ask for unless punitive damages are awarded (Which there's no chance in hell in this case). A plaintiff almost never gets the exact amount he/she ask for. Just because one wins a case doesn't mean they get the exact amount of money that they ask for. A judge or jury will usually award a lesser amount unless the party being sued is proven to have caused enough damage to warrant the asking price. For example, lets say you're seeking $10,000 in damages against someone in a lawsuit. You're much more likely to get that amount or close to it by asking for much more. Also, asking for a high amount allows for a case to be settled outside of court for a favorable amount. If WRG folds on this, I doubt they'll offer a settlement anywhere near what Bloomer and party are asking for, but let's say they offer $5 million. That's a million a piece for each driver. Still much more than the prize money and other costs associated with everything. Can't forget about lawyer fees either. Lawyer typically asks for 30-35% of outcome total.
    I think that this is one will end at 2 Million for all 5 of them.. they will get what they lost and the rest dev over the 5 of them.. because I bet Insurance Company will pay just to end it....100% chance that they Have Insurance .. Insurance They will not let it go all the way they want to pay as little as they can as soon as the can...

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I dont. The races would never start on time. His race team is a total circus. I couldnt imagine a race track being ran by him. I watched his 2 crew guys lose his car down the hill in the pit area at the n/s. He was no where to be seen. Thanks to the Bowyer crews......they got it stopped before it wiped every car out at the bottom of the hill.
    The same team that just won back to back Lucas oil features. I know who I am going with.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Tidrow View Post
    The same team that just won back to back Lucas oil features. I know who I am going with.
    Maybe in a race, but I couldn't imagine how badly a truck would be run if Bloomquist was pulling the strings. He is the best of all time in DLM racing as far as being a driver goes, but some people are best left in the areas where they don't have an opportunity to do things like hire strippers for trophy girls or put cocaine on the menu at the concession stand! lol

One thing is for sure, this case won't get settled anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Maybe in a race, but I couldn't imagine how badly a truck would be run if Bloomquist was pulling the strings. He is the best of all time in DLM racing as far as being a driver goes, but some people are best left in the areas where they don't have an opportunity to do things like hire strippers for trophy girls or put cocaine on the menu at the concession stand! lol
    If everybody was being honest.......is there any adult in the room that was an adult in the 80s that didn't experiment with the booger sugar back then???

Doesn't in any way make it right or legal, but to keep bringing up Scott's implied habit because of something he did stupid back then is a bit of a hypocritical stretch isn't it?

Were you even born when he got busted ?and it's a serious question?
    If you weren't , ask your parents........and tell them to be completely honest.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by MM90 View Post
    One thing is for sure, this case won't get settled anytime soon.
    I think it will be sooner than later..........woo , wrg nor eldora and Tony want any part of this.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Katrina and Georgie can run the track. The ole man Bloomquist can concentrate on thoroughly pissing off Old Fan and his Crony Bloomer haters by winning...

Be the best thing since sliced bread and warm butter LOL.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I think it will be sooner than later..........woo , wrg nor eldora and Tony want any part of this.
    True, but if they settle it will set a precedent for future litigation that ultimately will not be good for the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    If everybody was being honest.......is there any adult in the room that was an adult in the 80s that didn't experiment with the booger sugar back then???Doesn't in any way make it right or legal, but to keep bringing up Scott's implied habit because of something he did stupid back then is a bit of a hypocritical stretch isn't it?Were you even born when he got busted ?and it's a serious question?If you weren't , ask your parents........and tell them to be completely honest.
    You beat me to it bbq boy, and probably chupp and bloomquest fan. Do you really think the top late model driver would still be on top of the late model world if he was a coke freak? Now this is no disrespect to JD. What he did last year is legendary. But come on guys, whether you like him or not. The man has been the top driver for over twenty years. You don't accomplish what he has done in the last twenty years being a coke head. If you think otherwise tell me why, I'll wait.

I dont now but in the late 60s, I did Coke, LSD, Pot,and Lots of Sex I worked with some Big Bands you get high and I may have done it with your Mom and Dad.. Drank a lot then 1 day i stopped it all..Why i wanted too live past 25 years of age...I did it Right or Wrong I did it...Dont make me a bad person.. Was just a wild Kid.. then 1 day I got Older and wiser...

If you get caught smoking pot do you never do it again. No sir you just be more cautious when using it. Unless your drug tested then you stop unless u got a way around it. Same thing w coke. You can tell in some of scotts interviews he was off in never land. Go ahead yall can beat me down for posting this.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Default Why 16.5 mill?

You start high, and negotiate down like everything else in life. Would 16.5 hurt WRG, heck ya, they'd be done. 16.5 mill and Tony Stewart/Eldora, please.

And a lawyer is always going to go high knowing you're going to wheel an deal. I think it seems awfully high too, but there's 4 of them, and I think it's all one suit including Bloomer and the scales.

I'm just glad they didn't tuck tail and say ok boss. Everyone always b!tches when someone doesn't stand up for what they believe in, but now it's not ok because they are going against the establishment. Props to them and hopefully it gets worked out and no one gets completely fuked in the end.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    If you get caught smoking pot do you never do it again. No sir you just be more cautious when using it. Unless your drug tested then you stop unless u got a way around it. Same thing w coke. You can tell in some of scotts interviews he was off in never land. Go ahead yall can beat me down for posting this.
    No will not beat you down you maybe Right you maybe Wrong.. I can only speak for Me..If he is still doing Drugs, He needs to get out of the Race car..800 hp and Coke, Bad drink I think, Maybe its time too drug test here too .. Hope not, I hope our sport is clean the Kid that Smoke hit was on pot .. I am ok with pot smokers as long as its been over 12 hours that you have NOT done be for you drive...