Thread: Brian Shirley

Default Brian Shirley

See he has his 16' longhorn for sale

Haven't heard much of Brian since start of year

he is running the woo series for Cullen racing

That I know, I was saying he started out strong then Disappeared from the headlines

Maybe he is getting one of those cars that seem to win a lot (I think they are called XR1's)

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Going on any national tour is a good place to get lost in the crowd. First the level of competition is high. Then there are so many new tracks that new teams have no notes on. It also takes a lot more spare parts for long road trips. This puts them in a hole that is hard to climb out of. Brian should be ok, once he adapts to these strange new tracks. There is always a learning curve. Click Click Click, Your not in Kansas, I mean Illinois, anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Maybe he is getting one of those cars that seem to win a lot (I think they are called XR1's)

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Whoever runs his page replied and said they're getting new cars....all longhorns.

I feel like he's had a good year, better than some of the others that have ran the tour for years.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Whoever runs his page replied and said they're getting new cars....all longhorns.

I feel like he's had a good year, better than some of the others that have ran the tour for years.
    Correct. New Longhorns for next year. Same game plan.
    8/13/16

Dirt late model chassis don't stay as good as long as they used to. Makes sense for a national touring team to update them often.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Dirt late model chassis don't stay as good as long as they used to. Makes sense for a national touring team to update them often.
    Not questioning your knowledge on this,just wondering if it's because they are going relatively faster or maybe shock related? The shock improvements though I would think help relieve chassis stress?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Draggin View Post
    Not questioning your knowledge on this,just wondering if it's because they are going relatively faster or maybe shock related? The shock improvements though I would think help relieve chassis stress?
    I believe the high rebound rf stuff and high compression Lr stuff is actually putting more stress on the chassis. Even using the expensive docol tubing, the cars wear out and become unresponsive or inconsistent to setup changes over time. Most teams want to replace them before it gets to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    I believe the high rebound rf stuff and high compression Lr stuff is actually putting more stress on the chassis. Even using the expensive docol tubing, the cars wear out and become unresponsive or inconsistent to setup changes over time. Most teams want to replace them before it gets to that point.
    Sounds reasonable-there's always a price or trade off at this level of technology,thanks.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Ya get one of them. They don't come with a rules package. And he runs the BOO WOO. Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Ya get one of them. They don't come with a rules package. And he runs the BOO WOO. Makes perfect sense.
    A rules package?

A rules package?
    I new that would get your attention. You know run any tire you want, and we won't check you. Rarely if at all get checked. Just some of the special deals you get with a XR1, Thanks to Mark!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    I new that would get your attention. You know run any tire you want, and we won't check you. Rarely if at all get checked. Just some of the special deals you get with a XR1, Thanks to Mark!!!!!
    I would be outraged if I were Brandon Sheppard or Gregg Satterlee then -- apparently their XR1 didn't come with the same benefits.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I would be outraged if I were Brandon Sheppard or Gregg Satterlee then -- apparently their XR1 didn't come with the same benefits.Thanks,Jeff.
    That special package is for one and only one lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

I hope Shirley stays on the tour next year like seeing him run with WoO.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    That special package is for one and only one lol
    Did he ever race anything before?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I hope Shirley stays on the tour next year like seeing him run with WoO.
    The 3s will be running the World of Outlaw Series again next year as long as Arnie Ranta stays on as primary sponsor. They had a great start, have cooled off as other teams have picked up the pace so now we'll see if they can regroup and finish off 2016 season with some top 5 finishes.