Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

And you adjust your cars weight accordingly, every short track racer or any other form of racing knows that
    Last edited by calverton; 09-04-2016 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    DUDE!!!!....their scales were off almost 3%!
    You HAVE TO BE the DUMBEST person on this board, with centeroff as a close 2nd.....
    The whole dam() field weighs in, ALL WEEKEND LONG..... on the SAME DAM() SCALES! Yet in your dumbass train of thought, their is some enigma of a GLITCH, or hiccup in the "space / time continum, that makes Snortquist have a case?

Heck..... I mean the guy has been the poster child of the sport and abiding by the rules.....FOR HOW LONG!

Quote Originally Posted by JinxNC View Post
    You HAVE TO BE the DUMBEST person on this board, with centeroff as a close 2nd.....The whole dam() field weighs in, ALL WEEKEND LONG..... on the SAME DAM() SCALES! Yet in your dumbass train of thought, their is some enigma of a GLITCH, or hiccup in the "space / time continum, that makes Snortquist have a case? Heck..... I mean the guy has been the poster child of the sport and abiding by the rules.....FOR HOW LONG!
    Agree 100% but according to a guy that use to work for him he plays the weight game to close. He wants the car to be right on the weight limit all the time and makes the crew guys take lead off everytime he is a little bit over... If you have more cautions or track is fast and u burn extra fuel you shouldn't play it that close. No one else was light that day.

You HAVE TO BE the DUMBEST person on this board, with centeroff as a close 2nd.....
    The whole dam() field weighs in, ALL WEEKEND LONG..... on the SAME DAM() SCALES! Yet in your dumbass train of thought, their is some enigma of a GLITCH, or hiccup in the "space / time continum, that makes Snortquist have a case?

Heck..... I mean the guy has been the poster child of the sport and abiding by the rules.....FOR HOW LONG!
    DUMBEST^^^^^^..so says the guy that a track paying over $300k, shouldn't have their scales checked and calibrated, which by the way is a STATE LAW!

OK, Perry Mason....we'll see what the court has to say. That pride will be hard to swallow!

You sound like Lite Inns twin brother!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    Agree 100% but according to a guy that use to work for him he plays the weight game to close. He wants the car to be right on the weight limit all the time and makes the crew guys take lead off everytime he is a little bit over... If you have more cautions or track is fast and u burn extra fuel you shouldn't play it that close. No one else was light that day.
    He gambled he lost and I guess the rule book means nothing to some people
    Last edited by calverton; 09-04-2016 at 09:58 PM.

DUMBEST^^^^^^..so says the guy that a track paying over $300k, shouldn't have their scales checked and calibrated, which by the way is a STATE LAW!

OK, Perry Mason....we'll see what the court has to say. That pride will be hard to swallow!

You sound like Lite Inns twin brother!
    There is little doubt that when they see his impeccable record and post endeavors of honesty, the courts will side with him.

There is little doubt that when they see his impeccable record and post endeavors of honesty, the courts will side with him.
    The only thing there is a little doubt....is your lack of knowledge/experience of lawsuits. Stop being a hater and just look at the facts!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

DUDE!!!!....their scales were off almost 3%!
    The info that is out there doesn't say what the reference mass was at various error readings. Unless you have unpublished info, you don't know that!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

How did the other teams come legal then
    Last edited by calverton; 09-04-2016 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The info that is out there doesn't say what the reference mass was at various error readings. Unless you have unpublished info, you don't know that!
    The papers of the lawsuit said it was inspected by Ohio's Dept Of Ag. and stated that they were off 37-61lbs. Based on 2300lbs, that's 1.6%-2.6%. So according to your 1% rule, they are still wrong.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I have a question?
    Say the scales were inspected the week of the race.
    They had 72 late models there plus other division. Cars crossed the scales countless times before racing, after hot laps , heats, consis mains etc.

What is life expectancy for those scales to remain spot on their calibrated weight with all those cars going across in a given weekend? Is there something in the law that addresses that?

Next point is should tracks write down all weights for a night & have scales checked after racing?Hypothetically what if track did this & the scales were say 30lbs heavy. Should track DQ anyone within
    that 30 lb window?

My point in all this is. Scales were there all weekend for you to check. I don't think those scales malfunctioned only when the Zero crossed them.

Bringing attorney's & lawsuits is taking dirt racing down a bad path.

Great post another question what should tracks do if they have portable scales and travel from one state to another
    Last edited by calverton; 09-04-2016 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    No, it won't.
    Well let's hope not, I hadn't even thought about that angle as an unintended effect.

Clean get cleaner and dirty get dirtier normally in these things.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Theyre trying to clear their name. I dont see BShepp and maybe Saterlee being cheaters. And itll be up to WRG and the others named in the suit to take legal action on Hoosier if it doesnt go their way. I still dont understand why those results are not out for the public to see
    Agree with every single word of this post....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Theyre trying to clear their name. I dont see BShepp and maybe Saterlee being cheaters. And itll be up to WRG and the others named in the suit to take legal action on Hoosier if it doesnt go their way. I still dont understand why those results are not out for the public to see
    The results are not public because it not public business.... The racers and owners have the results. Not sure what the reasoning would be for the public to see them. Nothing in this case is Criminal so the public won't hear much other than what either party wishes release.

great post

like they say the best just cheat better then all the rest its true in almost every sport in some way shap or form throught history graet saying i wish i would had said it first lol

Not a great cheater if you get busted

The papers of the lawsuit said it was inspected by Ohio's Dept Of Ag. and stated that they were off 37-61lbs. Based on 2300lbs, that's 1.6%-2.6%. So according to your 1% rule, they are still wrong.
    It might have been 61# at 1000, 2000, 3000, who knows? You don't and I don't? So you can't figure a percent. It could be repeatability only or a linearity error over part of the calibrated range. They purposely left out enough information to make any kind of informed conclusion about it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Dirtcar ump minimum post-race weight of car with driver is 2,300 lbs as weighed on track scale*** eldora policy – one roll off & re-scale attempt only –