Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I remember so well that some were banned for merely telling the truth.

I can tell a story about what happened to a certain poster on another website who was permanently insulting and trolling the boards.

People, myself included, got to the point of well, ok, so really you should just ignore this person but that doesn't make them go away. And multiple people really hated this guy and his incessant, non stop one liners and stupid comments continually. And NONE of it was anything more than just insulting other users, belittling other people, hurling insults, etc.

The consummate troll. No purpose on the board other than to try and harass as many other users as would take his bait. The kind of person that has no life, no friends, no ability to make friends, and just lives to antagonize other people.

Sort of, well, EXACTLY like old fan is on here. The similarities are just so amazing, you'd think it was the SAME person.

So someone on the board (me) did a little research and found out that the software company used by the website to host the forum had this little add on feature that did two things.

1-it removed them from your screen entirely.
    2-it removed your posts from their screen entirely.

So basically, if you wanted to really cut this person out of your user experience and shut them down completely, for good, forever, you just put them on your personal banned list and you would never see them again and the bonus was they could never see you again on the boards either.

This was the perfect win/win. I suggested that on that board I was more than willing to stump up the $40 to the administrator to add this feature, he took me up on the offer, and at least 10-15 people thanked me for giving the gift that will give forever--the troll removed from the boards and your posts hidden completely from them. It's great because not only do you not see them, but they DONT SEE YOU either so they can't comment on anything you say, they don't see you, you don't exist and they don't exist on your screen any more either.

The PERFECT solution to the troll problem.

Hasn't been seen since. And like I said on there, I don't care if he uses multiple user names, if you see this person's "style" of posting show up, you just put that new name on your personal banned list and poof! Like magic, they disappear. If anyone likes the interaction with that person, and I am sure some do, they can talk to them all they want. But if you don't want to be bothered with that nonsense on your screen, you an eliminate them completely.

Seems to have worked. No new username has shown up acting a fool since and since that person left, the boards are way more civilized and there are not troll problems at all on there.

Perfect solution. Maybe 4m could look into that and see if vBulletin has a similar feature. Small price to pay to eliminate the trolls from the boards and it works.
    Last edited by t.nie; 09-09-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Troll Lives Matter????? hahahahahhaaaa