Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Scott bloomquist

Tonight me and my two boys went to prp for the Pepsi 60. My 15 year old is a erb and Davenport guy while my 8 year old hardly gets to go because travel ball football etc. you name it but he likes bloomer . Well after the tough weekend he has had me and the boys were over by his hauler and his crew guy was cleaning the pit cart and I asked if the boys might be able to see Scott the crewman replies he is with his wife and he will be out in a minute. Well before you know it we here someone say hey boys give me a minute and I will be out, well not only did he come out he took pictures with my boys and talked and smiled the whole time considering the weekend he had going most guys probably would not have show there faces. I know he gets a lot of cheers and boos everywhere he goes but that was a very nice guy and he made my boys evening, so to you Scott bloomquist I say thank you and I hope you kick there butt tomorrow at the hillbilly.

I met Ironhead, Sr. in '88 while he was at an ARTGO special in WI.

I was promoting back then and always made sure EVERY driver I dealt with I treated as my favorite. But there were some guys who I THOUGHT I disliked... #3 was near the top. I was in the VIP tower when he and Richard Childress walked in... Earnhardt was so friendly, funny and comfortable to talk with that I was shocked... couldn't find a nicer guy to spend some time with.

He moved waaay up on my 'good guy' list that day.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I have seen Bloomer do things like this before. I have also seen him act like a total tool to people. I guess you just got to catch him in the right mood.

Thats a good story about the scott ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

It's usually not the mood a guys in, it's most likely the timing of a fan asking for something. If you catch him 5 minutes before qualifying when he's running around trying to work on the car and you ask for an autograph like a couple did at prp a few years ago then yes he's going to be a tool. If you wait until there's a little down time then you're probably going to get a different reaction.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Scott is one of the coolest guys you could ever meet off the track. Been to his shop and house a few times when he wasnt so busy. I remember a few times he would come by 'the gap' on a off night walk over to where we were sitting and talk. Most times hed have a 5 gallon bucket with beer and ice in it just shoot the sh!t. The haters can call him what they want to but until you actually know him you dont know sh!t
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

I've seen things like this time and time again. I'ts not just with kids he has always been chill when I've seen him out .

Nice story. Thanks for sharing it.

Bloomquist is one of the few drivers you rarely see in the pits except when he climbs in the car. A lot of times he even has a rope around his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I met Ironhead, Sr. in '88 while he was at an ARTGO special in WI.

I was promoting back then and always made sure EVERY driver I dealt with I treated as my favorite. But there were some guys who I THOUGHT I disliked... #3 was near the top. I was in the VIP tower when he and Richard Childress walked in... Earnhardt was so friendly, funny and comfortable to talk with that I was shocked... couldn't find a nicer guy to spend some time with.

He moved waaay up on my 'good guy' list that day.
    Have spoken to a few people that knew Dale sr,, say was a win at all cost driver...Witch means he did some thing some people did not like... But Off the track He spent a lot of time helping kids .. and raising money too help kids and would never turn a Kid away... once was told him and Jeff G were good friends.. Told jeff to shave off that Stupid mustache .. and told him fans like us not being friends so we have too make it look like we are not...He said they spoke all the time and Jeff was H. broken when he died...
    Think Bloom does some of the things just too put on a show .. Most of the stores about kids are all good ones...for Him...

Almost every single driver treats fans well. Its nice of them, a smart thing to do, but most all of them do it. Auto racing is one sport that caters to the fans. You want to sell T Shirts and other things you do not want to diss your fans and certainly not kids. I have talk to scores of drivers over the years and they were all good to my son who loved all of them when he was little. Race car drivers are up close and personal and that is a good thing. Every fan picks out the drivers they like and don't like, but I expect all drivers to be kind to fans. I know you can catch one on a bad day, but that is all it is it usually is, a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by zooker25 View Post
    Bloomquist is one of the few drivers you rarely see in the pits except when he climbs in the car. A lot of times he even has a rope around his car.
    He is racing for a living. Racing is sport. Do you go to a baseball or footbal game. Talk to the players after the game has started. Bloomer is nearly always open for autographs and chat with fans AFTER the race.

I know we as dirt race fans are very lucky. I remember telling my dad that at the Dream. Not to many sports can you walk the pits and get that close to the action! But we only saw Bloomquist once and that was when he got into his car. Don't really care because I'm not a fan of his. I think his wife is one of the nicest people at the track though!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racing #1 View Post
    He is racing for a living. Racing is sport. Do you go to a baseball or footbal game. Talk to the players after the game has started. Bloomer is nearly always open for autographs and chat with fans AFTER the race.
    some are like that while others don't care one way or the other

Hard to sell 100K worth of merch a year in the pits being a d!ckwad all the time.

Ill tell you another awesome driver and thats Jimmy O. Have known him since started driving and his brother Kurt. Both are down to earth guys.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Ill tell you another awesome driver and thats Jimmy O. Have known him since started driving and his brother Kurt. Both are down to earth guys.
    We had a solid 30 minute conversation one year at volusia on cooking pork shoulder....I was doing a couple , he wandered by and we started talking about the process.

Don't know his brother, but I believe you are spot on w/Jimmy....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racing #1 View Post
    Most all drivers do this. Dirt racing is completely fan driven and all successful drivers know this. It would be stupid for a driver to not treat fans well.