Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another one out

As for Late Models, taller cages of double tube construction or thicker wall and full containment seats. As for sprint cars , wider and taller cages and full containment seats as many already use and a crush cushion that would mount on top of the cage to take the energy out of cage contact blows or flips.
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    In Randy Weavers interview he talked bout how much the speeds have increased in the past few years and one way of slowing the cars down was with rev limiters that would let the cars all run the same rpm and like he said if you have close racing and side by side racing that is what the fans want.
    Screwing with the engines performance I'm not for and that won't change or slow corner speed, which is the problem, not straight speed.

Would stiffening up the suspension on the right sides help? it seems that the cars dig into the track so much on the right side, that they are flirting with flipping all by themselves. If they didnt roll over so hard that the suspension looks broken, it might help.

He's back.....

Springfield Mo. for the UMP MARS show.
    Last edited by ptown; 10-06-2016 at 08:36 AM.

When Earnhardt was killed at Daytona he had a basil skull fracture (believe this is the term) the car stopped his head didn't and he broke his neck. The fix was a Hans device so the head will be held in place. The problem is the brain isn't held in place. It continues forwards smashes into the front of the skull, hence a concussion. What the answer is I have no idea I just know it's happening in all forms of racing.

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    Chelsey Dixon got burnt real bad last night also 54 percent

Hi there Old Fang!!!

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    what about well prepared tacky tracks they are out there
    Old Fan, thank you for the good post. Maybe there is hope for you, after all.

Brownstown made the track tacky last weekend and the wrecks, spin outs, and rollovers that were happening on their dryslick and no cushion conditions of previous weeks basically went away. The Barnett accident can not be blamed on either. If they want to flatten the track though as the answer, I don't think many fans will take to kindly to it. Myself, I would rather quit going altogether or find other tracks to travel to specials only if they do that.

Cushions are very important as long as they don't get too deep or to broken.

Uhh there was like 6 flips the night before the Jackson on the heavy track. The ambulance even got stuck coming onto the track. Id guess the promoter was forced to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Uhh there was like 6 flips the night before the Jackson on the heavy track. The ambulance even got stuck coming onto the track. Id guess the promoter was forced to do something.
    Tell me this. The ambulance got stuck alright and why did it actually get stuck??? Sounds like you are trying to tell us it got stuck in the mud. I'm waiting...."over"

And the cushion was gone Friday night, right?

Let's just flatten the track and pour grease on it so that you won't have to worry about safety and racing speeds. Maybe the fans will forced to do something too.

We was comparing our 2015 rocket to the new XR1 there is nine extra bars from the motor plate forward. The stiffer the car the more energy that is transferred to the driver.

NASCAR is still in business? Who knew?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019