Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another one out

Nascar's problem has nothing to do with slowing the cars down. It has to do with the areo package they run. Dirty the car up and the racing in Nascar would get a whole lot better.

Depending on how he got the concussion and if it was from hitting head on the roll bars which I'm assuming that's how it happened then I would say they need to look at how the halo is designed and possibly they could make some changes in that area.
    Last edited by kidrock; 09-05-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Did you watch the finish of the truck race from Canada

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    Saw where Brian Shirley is sidelined with concussion, this has become a real problem in racing as of late have no idea what a solution would be though. In the Weaver interview he suggests slowing the cars down some way I would say he would know as well as any one being he has suffered the same fate.
    Couple of ideas off the top of my head:
    1. No J-bars
    2. No Bump stops
    3. Maximum nose and body height from ground of 6 inches all the way around.
    4. No straight quarter panels on RR, must angle in towards center line of car.
    5. No High down force noses or fender flares.

Enigma Full of $hit..(Just had too say that) First the Dirt racing lates or in trouble.. people getting hurt.. Law suits ever were.. Cheating, Fires .. 2016 not a good year.. One of the Biggest tracks getting Sued .. Said Owner of track Crashes a driver at 180 MPH hes mad at. Then Comments to the other drivers the next day on Cheating...thats Funny LOL...Dirt racing is as Sick as I am.. I know I will die be for long Have live longer then I should have for what I have all ready .. Sad thing is dirt race not far behind me if someone dont do something too fix it..

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    That was a good one they crash each other 5 or 6 times be for they made it to the end.. Win at all cost.. Dirty racing .. then get out of trucks and try to kill each other agen... LOL
    I Know how too fix that one .. Sit them for 4 races and see if they do it agen...Fine the team owners..Fine the Drivers..Probation for 1 year... that will stop it...

There was no them to it.That was all on Nemecheck.I would make d@mn sure he didn't win the Chase if I was Custer,or any other race that I was in with him.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    There was no them to it.That was all on Nemecheck.I would make d@mn sure he didn't win the Chase if I was Custer,or any other race that I was in with him.
    Exactly......Pretty good tackle by Custer, though!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    Typical Nasky. Kenseth gets suspended for giving back to a driver what he deserved and John Hunter gets off Scot free for that blatent display of unsportsmanlike activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Typical Nasky. Kenseth gets suspended for giving back to a driver what he deserved and John Hunter gets off Scot free for that blatent display of unsportsmanlike activity.
    I bet if Custer doesn't get in the Chase, he will "Kenseth" Nemechek, and rightfully so!

Running on a slim budget like the 8 truck, I wonder what pops had to say behind the scenes!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    I was just not taking sides, But you are right It was started By Nemecheck...

Good finish, wish more ended that close and exciting. Win is the goal not make friends, reminds me of the 3 car back in the day. Lots of emotion, drive to win and fun to watch.

I would like to see Nascar open up the rear suspension rules.

Tacky tracks equal faster speeds and rougher tracks that make it easier to flip.A well prepared dry slick track slows the cars down and gets you three wide racing.But it's hit and miss. I've seen train races on a dry slick track and I've seen some of the best racing I've ever seen on a dry slick track.Some times it's mother nature and you have no control over it.As is the case when Landers flipped at Granite City. A ton of rain and they did all they could just to get the track raceable.
    Last edited by Birky15Bfan; 09-05-2016 at 05:22 PM.

what about well prepared tacky tracks they are out there

Saw where Brian Shirley is sidelined with concussion, this has become a real problem in racing as of late have no idea what a solution would be though. In the Weaver interview he suggests slowing the cars down some way I would say he would know as well as any one being he has suffered the same fate.
    Back on point.....Knowing there are no safety helmet made that will protect these drivers from concussions, the only alternative is to eliminate the risk. In other words...don't race.
    That being said, Isn't the fact these drivers are willing to take risks is why we are drawn to them?
    On a side note.....much more concerned about the 62,000 concussions reported though the participation of high school football. The parents need to understand the risks evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    Back on point.....Knowing there are no safety helmet made that will protect these drivers from concussions, the only alternative is to eliminate the risk. In other words...don't race.
    That being said, Isn't the fact these drivers are willing to take risks is why we are drawn to them?
    On a side note.....much more concerned about the 62,000 concussions reported though the participation of high school football. The parents need to understand the risks evolved.
    Well we could focus on not turning over so much, that would help. If you don't end up on your lid every week, less chance of concussion.

In Randy Weavers interview he talked bout how much the speeds have increased in the past few years and one way of slowing the cars down was with rev limiters that would let the cars all run the same rpm and like he said if you have close racing and side by side racing that is what the fans want.

There does seem to be a increase in roll overs in the recent past. If I was speculating, I'd say it was the higher centers of gravity from the hike, especially in the left rear and over all higher weight placement for increased side bite and weight transfer for forward bite. they just don't slide sideways like the older flat cars. I think they could use a little more window opening and a lot better prepared emergency crews. It does make you wonder if these halo bars aren't too confining for a fast exit. I really don't think it's a specific chassis bran that has all the trouble. just a run of luck makes it seem that way. It's always been a monkey see, monkey do sport. That is why we have so many different brands winning.

In Randy Weavers interview he talked bout how much the speeds have increased in the past few years and one way of slowing the cars down was with rev limiters that would let the cars all run the same rpm and like he said if you have close racing and side by side racing that is what the fans want.
    I respect Randy but I do not want them messing with the engines first. Hard tires and fixing and enforcing the bodies should be the first steps.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    I was thinking the same thing... Anyone have pictures of all three and see how it held up? Is it too stiff? Or is a bar too close to the drivers head?
    I was thinking maybe they are pretty stiff. They say that was the cause of a lot of people getting hurt in the 90s was because the cars did not give at all