Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Bloomquist/Owens Lawsuit and World 100 Predictions

http://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-b...0-predictions/

Richard and Michael discuss $16 million lawsuits, tire doping and make predictions for the World 100

If teams get tires at the track from Nascar. How did this happen??? Seems as though this has been forgotten http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ties/70737322/

Quote Originally Posted by Returning to Dirt View Post
    http://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-b...0-predictions/

Richard and Michael discuss $16 million lawsuits, tire doping and make predictions for the World 100
    Great article.....thanks for sharing.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If teams get tires from the track it will really hurt the sport. Mark Richards discussed this in depth on Slingin Dirt last week and it is true coming from an asphalt convert here. How can you expect every team to buy 4-6 tires at every race? Forget about the entry fee there is $600-$900 right there before you even pay for fuel, gas in the truck, pit passes, food and entry fee if applicable. Even at only the big events you can count on slashing your car count by 1/4-1/3 at a minimum.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

In that article it says and I quote,"the track will institute new rules for this race which will require teams to use tires essentially handed out directly from officials." In the press release from Eldora about the tire rule it never says that. So which one is it? Can you buy from your dealer or at the track?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    If teams get tires from the track it will really hurt the sport. Mark Richards discussed this in depth on Slingin Dirt last week and it is true coming from an asphalt convert here. How can you expect every team to buy 4-6 tires at every race? Forget about the entry fee there is $600-$900 right there before you even pay for fuel, gas in the truck, pit passes, food and entry fee if applicable. Even at only the big events you can count on slashing your car count by 1/4-1/3 at a minimum.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    1 more time the Little guy gets pushed out of the Big races.. and only the Big money teams will be left...Whats coming 35 to 40 cars for world 100 Wate -5 that have been bared from racing there.. So it be 30 to 35 cars.....

The Racing Group that Finds the right way to do this .. With out adding 500 to 600 bucks to race will be the winner...If not Only the small tracks will be the Loser and the fans....A small team that might go will say 600 bucks for tires .. hope my home track is running .. or if it is there home track they be setting in the stands...

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    So do you think they don't buy a minimum of 4 to 6 tires off the Hoosier trailer or from their tire supplier before they go to a race anyway???( I'm talking about the touring guys)

No big deal if they buy them at the track from the sanction( who should be able to negotiate a very nice qty discount anyway) or if they buy 6 from somewhere else.

And for what it's worth, Mark is the last guy that should be griping .......have you ever seen what they come to the track mounted up with in terms of tires?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    So do you think they don't buy a minimum of 4 to 6 tires off the Hoosier trailer or from their tire supplier before they go to a race anyway???( I'm talking about the touring guys)

No big deal if they buy them at the track from the sanction( who should be able to negotiate a very nice qty discount anyway) or if they buy 6 from somewhere else.

And for what it's worth, Mark is the last guy that should be griping .......have you ever seen what they come to the track mounted up with in terms of tires?
    and W2 isn't talking about the touring guys. He is talking about everyone else. There are guys capable of making the show that might buy 2 tires at a typical Lucas event.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    So, all the teams rolling up in their 750k hauler/race cars, hadn't planned on at least 3 new sets of tires for the sports biggest race? That's totally unreasonable! The majority of the top series drivers are already on a deal with Hoosier, so it wont matter to them!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Mark Richards has all the reason in the world to be griping, he makes his living off selling chassis to his (mostly grassroots level) customers who are not the touring guys. If they can't afford to race they won't be buying any chassis off of him. I don't think it would really hurt the house car itself, but I do think it would hurt their business. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who show up to an LOLMDS show or WoO show with maybe a couple new tires and a big used inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    So, all the teams rolling up in their 750k hauler/race cars, hadn't planned on at least 3 new sets of tires for the sports biggest race? That's totally unreasonable! The majority of the top series drivers are already on a deal with Hoosier, so it wont matter to them!
    I'm sure all the teams rolling up in 750k haulers are fine with whatever rule is thrown at them. Its the guys rolling up with enclosed one car trailers or even open trailers pulled by their own personal truck that I am worried about.

There are only so many of the hugely funded guys out there and at any given LOLMDS or WoO race half the field is made up of very grassroots level drivers. Even Eldora gets their fair share of low budget teams as well.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I'm sure all the teams rolling up in 750k haulers are fine with whatever rule is thrown at them. Its the guys rolling up with enclosed one car trailers or even open trailers pulled by their own personal truck that I am worried about.

There are only so many of the hugely funded guys out there and at any given LOLMDS or WoO race half the field is made up of very grassroots level drivers. Even Eldora gets their fair share of low budget teams as well.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    The article is about the World 100, which is the race I was referring to. If smaller teams worry about 8-12 new tires, they probly shouldn't be going.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Its pretty simple, stay home.

And only support the weekly shows.

Instead of going to Eldora and spending a lot of money on Stewart's, Hoosier, and whatever other vendor up there is selling to line their pockets. All the while laughing all the way to the bank.

The fans can control this issue, you just have to make a stand.

End of story.

Just say no...

Everybody here usually cares more about the big guys anyways. They think money grows on trees for these teams. Eldora has no local late model teams anyways. Alms in the cars from oakshade willing to go there. The sport is going to price itself out of existence. I agree about the hi dollar haulers every local team had to buy though. Somehow, some way this sport is going to have to figure how to cap the spending. The one neat thing about dirt racing was parity and seeing locals beat big name well funded teams. That is almost a thing of the past unfortunately.

So do you think they don't buy a minimum of 4 to 6 tires off the Hoosier trailer or from their tire supplier before they go to a race anyway???( I'm talking about the touring guys)No big deal if they buy them at the track from the sanction( who should be able to negotiate a very nice qty discount anyway) or if they buy 6 from somewhere else.And for what it's worth, Mark is the last guy that should be griping .......have you ever seen what they come to the track mounted up with in terms of tires?
    I understand what your saying BBQ but most times theyll buy one here and there and save them up for the world. Not buying them all at one time cause they cant afford that
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Instead of boycotting Lucas as someone has suggested maybe boycott the World

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Instead of boycotting Lucas as someone has suggested maybe boycott the World
    I heard our buddy, SS, is going to the Mod Nationals instead! lol
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Mark Richards has all the reason in the world to be griping, he makes his living off selling chassis to his (mostly grassroots level) customers who are not the touring guys. If they can't afford to race they won't be buying any chassis off of him. I don't think it would really hurt the house car itself, but I do think it would hurt their business. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who show up to an LOLMDS show or WoO show with maybe a couple new tires and a big used inventory.
    True enough on the regional guys coming with used tires on the truck.......I guess I'm having a hard time figuring out if it's cheaper for them to buy the 6 from the track untouched or buy the amount of undetectable prep , the tools to prep them with, the rotisserie , the electricity to run the tools and just the overall pain in the butt it is to do all that and then the costs associated from buying the tire they prep initially.
    Then factor in all of these dr. Visits from all of these health implications everybody keeps talking about with prep and it's a no brainer......just buy the new tires from the track and skip all of that.

I really can't imagine there being a whole lot of cost differences when you factor all that in........

On the Mark Richards thing.........he is still going to sell all the regional chassis he can make, and I think you know that.

Grass roots guys are buying used rockets......not the 45 k xr1s

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I understand what your saying BBQ but most times theyll buy one here and there and save them up for the world. Not buying them all at one time cause they cant afford that
    I get that too dobber........I guess my mind works differently.

If I was that guy and could only buy one here or there instead of all at one time, instead of buying one at a time I would just stuff that money in my tire jar every time I could afford to buy a tire and then when I got to eldora I would just buy them all at the same time with the money I stuffed in the jar.

And what they are doing now is far from perfect........but it's a lot closer to perfect than what they changed from......and will keep the series from getting themselves into a predicament like they have themselves in now.