Default What happened to the Baltes Classic track prep thread?

I posted a reply this morning and get home from work, poof it's gone. Someone start some nasty talk or did the 4m Gestapo not like it?

Tony had it deleted.

haha. Your prob right. I wasn't even totally honest. I just said the new guy didn't do a good job. The fact is, in the 24 years I been going to late model races there, that was perhaps the worse I've seen it. Every driver I talked to said it was junk and going to be hard on equipment. Not a good recipe when car counts are dwindling.

I've been going there since the 80's and that was the worst I've seen it. They need to swallow their pride and ask Chad to come back. Roger Slack seems to be trying to drive away all the employees from Earls regime.

Quote Originally Posted by JK4745 View Post
    Roger Slack seems to be trying to drive away all the drivers and teams!
    Fixed it for ya!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Clayton here's your chance to show them how to do it. Give Tony a call and tell him you know how to prep a track and would do a much better job and the fans will not go home with dirt in the ears lol!!!!

Roger is definitely not for the racers.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Clayton here's your chance to show them how to do it. Give Tony a call and tell him you know how to prep a track and would do a much better job and the fans will not go home with dirt in the ears lol!!!!
    They seem to be on the right track now, with some tweaking to keep the cushion from setting up too low it could be great.

But some people seem to love dust and asphalt hard. They never stop trying to ruin it for the fans.

maybe we will see clayton in a truck this weekend

It Won't matter how they prepare it. Not being able to work on tires, the cushion won't be pounded on lap after lap after lap. That right front won't let it happen. They may run it for a few laps but will have to get off of it to keep the right front tire on the car. Now if there is still a cushion there and a caution comes with say 10 laps or less to go, then it may make a difference. Not being able to work on those tires, will cause the guys to slow down their entry, not slide the tires on entry, keep the car pretty straight, and then not roast the r/r off the car. I'm not saying it won't be a good race but I am saying no matter how big the cushion is, NOBODY can pound it WFO for 50 laps, much less 100 laps. I would be willing to bet that the winner will be right on the guard rail with the LEFT front tire on the very bottom of the track.....

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    It Won't matter how they prepare it. Not being able to work on tires, the cushion won't be pounded on lap after lap after lap. That right front won't let it happen. They may run it for a few laps but will have to get off of it to keep the right front tire on the car. Now if there is still a cushion there and a caution comes with say 10 laps or less to go, then it may make a difference. Not being able to work on those tires, will cause the guys to slow down their entry, not slide the tires on entry, keep the car pretty straight, and then not roast the r/r off the car. I'm not saying it won't be a good race but I am saying no matter how big the cushion is, NOBODY can pound it WFO for 50 laps, much less 100 laps. I would be willing to bet that the winner will be right on the guard rail with the LEFT front tire on the very bottom of the track.....
    You mean someone like Dale McDowell

I will say the winner will be the one who can run the smartest smoothest line

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    Very much, UNLIKE your sentence structure.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

and you can bite me

You guys crack me up!

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Wow, sounds like a pretty wide car.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    But he won't be there to do it, will he Litey ole boy?