Default Gopro camera owners

Pretty cool story confirming how rugged and waterproof gopro's are:Mark Woods: Camera, lost then found, leads to interesting development

By Mark Woods Sat, Jul 16, 2016 @ 8:05 pm | updated Sat, Jul 16, 2016 @ 8:11 pm

Back Photo: 1 of 2 Next
    Jared Jeffs of St. Augustine combines two of his passions - the ocean and photography - in this shot of himself. Provided by Jared Jeffs
    Provided by Jared Jeffs

Jared Jeffs of St. Augustine combines two of his passions - the ocean and photography - in this shot of himself.

Austin Carter (right) lost his GoPro while surfing more than two years ago. One of the photos on it was from a church mission trip to Grenada - with (from left) Bryce Peterson, Jonathan Reavis and Luke Davis. The lost GoPro recently was found by someone walking the beach in St. Augustine and given to Jared Jeffs, an amateur photographer. Instead of keeping it, Jeffs decided to try to find the camera's owner. He posted this image on Facebook and asked people to share it. An hour later, he had figured out that the camera belonged to Carter. He met Carter Thursday and returned the camera. Provided by Jared Jeffs

It’s sort of a modern-day version of a message in a bottle. A memory card in a camera, found on a beach in St. Augustine, more than two years after it was lost … somewhere.

When Jared Jeffs put the memory card in his computer and looked at the images — including some of four guys standing on the hilltop of a tropical island — he wasn’t sure what to make of them.

Did the camera, a GoPro in a waterproof case, somehow travel great distances? Who lost it? Where was the owner now?

“I didn’t really know what to think,” he said. “I just thought it was pretty surreal that I had this camera in my possession that who knows who owned it.”

As it turns out, the story isn’t quite as dramatic as a small camera making a big journey. But it’s still a pretty good story — partly because instead of keeping the camera, Jeffs was determined to find the owner.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Are you trying to get some sponsorship? Lmao
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Are you trying to get some sponsorship? Lmao
    I thought we could put it on SS's barn....could be some interesting video....never mind, we don't want him to get arrested!

Seriously, that thing spent 2 years in the saltwater and washed up about 5 miles from where it was lost. He charged it up and it worked!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

My favorite gopro racing testimonial.... now if we could just run nitro on dirt. (just kidding)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1rXSLPW1Cs

Quote Originally Posted by catgo22 View Post
    My favorite gopro racing testimonial.... now if we could just run nitro on dirt. (just kidding)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1rXSLPW1Cs
    I know someone that has tried. Did ok got caught tho lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    I thought we could put it on SS's barn....could be some interesting video....never mind, we don't want him to get arrested!
    He!! Id say he has his own website for that. Might need that sponsorship...lmao

Seriously, that thing spent 2 years in the saltwater and washed up about 5 miles from where it was lost. He charged it up and it worked!
    That is cool. Being in that saltwater all this time looks like it would be corroded

I have one on my bow. And I hunt in the rain. Never had a problem with it at all. I leave my bow in the tree at night after the days hunt. Excellent product!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    I have one on my bow. And I hunt in the rain. Never had a problem with it at all. I leave my bow in the tree at night after the days hunt. Excellent product!!!!
    Cool.....What would be the best mount to put one on my crossbow?

btw....Rage 2 blade 100 grain....cuts a mean 2" hole....easy blood trail!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Cool.....What would be the best mount to put one on my crossbow?

btw....Rage 2 blade 100 grain....cuts a mean 2" hole....easy blood trail!
    Just take a look at gopro web site. They have them small enough without weight issue. Plug into your phone that night or your lap top. Awesome clarity!!!! I thought the Rage put a bigger hole in like 3". I use 100 grain ThunderHead. Not a fan of mechanical broad heads. To much could happen at the WRONG time.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Just take a look at gopro web site. They have them small enough without weight issue. Plug into your phone that night or your lap top. Awesome clarity!!!! I thought the Rage put a bigger hole in like 3". I use 100 grain ThunderHead. Not a fan of mechanical broad heads. To much could happen at the WRONG time.
    Yeah. you gotta keep fresh O-rings on them. Been using them for 8 years now....so far so good!

Witnessed my 9 yr old daughter kill her first hog and deer with them!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I was called by a friend earlier tonight to go on a hog hunt. Someone canceled, I asked when, he said this Friday. I declined. Saving my money for Knoxville.
    Awesome for your Daughter, Proud Father I bet?
    Last edited by plunks7; 09-07-2016 at 08:33 PM.