Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Very vague answer. Failed the benchmark?

WHY???
    Probably scuffed the numbers off of the side
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

Quote Originally Posted by wfo2007 View Post
    2 week suspension and loss of points and money.
    That will teach him a lesson....lol

Most all of us that get checked know it Billet, but the majority on here don't understand or just don't care. They just want to beat up the tracks, the promoters, the tire dealer, UPS on shipping, the labs, and the other racers for "soiling" the track. They are blaming everyone EXCEPT the teams that get caught with an illegal tire. The teams that have them come back "missing" something from the benchmark, need to quit putting their tires in an oven before the mount them and go race. Everyone is looking for an edge. Preheating tires may give you 1 but it's messing with the tire just like adding tire softener. Adding something or taking away something. It still won't meet the benchmark either way. Therefore the tire is illegal.....

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Why? it's not like some cheating is better than other cheating or some sh*t. You either pass or fail. There's no gray area.
    So the tech guy disqualifies you. Says your engine didn't pass. You'd be happy with that ? That doesn't make sense. That's not how our society judicial or legal system works. You need know exactly what you are being accused and disqualified from. Nothing hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Dang if this were Bloomquist there'd be 30 pages on this post and 20 new threads made already!
    Crickets.........
    And 15 brand new user names

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Apples to oranges.

The racers do find out, hence the lawsuit. There's no reason the fans have to.
    Why is there no reason for the fans to know?

Wouldn't it lend itself to a little more transparency on the whole deal........if everything is on the up and up and all.

If nothing else it would be an excellent pr move for the series involved.......show the fans the reasons they had to wait a week for the actual race results.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I pay too get in too see the driver that they say will not be there.. I have a right too know...cause if he is not there I dont go, and why he is not there..There Is NO reason not too tell me why...The Gov. Lies too us all the time .. And I am tired of that too....

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Most all of us that get checked know it Billet, but the majority on here don't understand or just don't care. They just want to beat up the tracks, the promoters, the tire dealer, UPS on shipping, the labs, and the other racers for "soiling" the track. They are blaming everyone EXCEPT the teams that get caught with an illegal tire. The teams that have them come back "missing" something from the benchmark, need to quit putting their tires in an oven before the mount them and go race. Everyone is looking for an edge. Preheating tires may give you 1 but it's messing with the tire just like adding tire softener. Adding something or taking away something. It still won't meet the benchmark either way. Therefore the tire is illegal.....
    Help me out on this chief........guy pre heats his tires before bolting them on and they come back missing something after the race.

In theory, Wouldn't an unbaked tire be missing something from all the heat cycles it goes through during a long race anyway?.......we don't cheat tires like all you sorry DLM guys supposedly do , so I'm sorry if the question appears a bit sophomoric.😇

I worked in a lab at a company that made wheels for GM. We would go out and take a sample out of each casting machine every eight hours and out of each furnace every two hours. We would analyze each sample. There were benchmarks but most of the time each sample was a little different than the last. As long as they were inside said benchmarks nothing was said. But some of the alloys were more important than others. If one of the less important alloys was not hitting the standard it was just brushed off from the front office and nothing was said. Now what if that has happened at Hoosier and now its come back to haunt them? Do you think that they would admit to that? I think not.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Why is there no reason for the fans to know?Wouldn't it lend itself to a little more transparency on the whole deal........if everything is on the up and up and all.If nothing else it would be an excellent pr move for the series involved.......show the fans the reasons they had to wait a week for the actual race results.
    Well said as usual BBQ. I believe we have the right to know.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

I don't think anybody here doesn't think tire cheating goes on in some camps......and I don't think anybody here doesn't think some of those eldora guys did in fact cheat em up.

The camel back breaker was who and how many and then the whole benchmark thing.....this same lab has been involved with bad benchmark rulings before, so it's not like it's something new.

Inspectors are not above being inspected themselves..........which is really all this suit is about.

Wrg, eldora says one thing, drivers say another...........the impass will be settled by a fair and impartial process that has no vested interest on one side or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    And 15 brand new user names
    Great for a lol.........

Bloomer said * de-facing * .....Which mean the number on the tire doesn't match the contents .... I heard this theory that someone is making tires that looks like a legal tire with the correct makings .... So its not that racers are juicing a tire after they get it ....Its a better tire already ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Remember when Jackie won the Lucas show at Portsmouth?? Scott was long gone a late caution came out and Jackie came from 3rd or 4th on top to seal the deal. That answered my suspicion
    Uhm he ran 3rd the whole race. Bloomer was losing fuel pressure that weekend and Francis rolled into third with a flat tire. Scott even said so

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I worked in a lab at a company that made wheels for GM. We would go out and take a sample out of each casting machine every eight hours and out of each furnace every two hours. We would analyze each sample. There were benchmarks but most of the time each sample was a little different than the last. As long as they were inside said benchmarks nothing was said. But some of the alloys were more important than others. If one of the less important alloys was not hitting the standard it was just brushed off from the front office and nothing was said. Now what if that has happened at Hoosier and now its come back to haunt them? Do you think that they would admit to that? I think not.
    I'm sure every Hoosier plant in the world has the strictest of benchmarks and none of them are ever compromised in any way......especially China.....everybody knows of their stellar quality control checks and balances.

Your point is valid dobber.........not sure if that's what happened in this deal or not but it certainly casts doubt on the process when all they are looking for is if it passed a benchmark or not.

Reminds me of the old computer science term....." Garbage in, garbage out"

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    Uhm he ran 3rd the whole race. Bloomer was losing fuel pressure that weekend and Francis rolled into third with a flat tire. Scott even said so
    Never ever bring facts or logic into a 4m discussion on tires............you will be relegated to tin foil hat status.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Bloomer said * de-facing * .....Which mean the number on the tire doesn't match the contents .... I heard this theory that someone is making tires that looks like a legal tire with the correct makings .... So its not that racers are juicing a tire after they get it ....Its a better tire already ....
    Bootleg hoosiers??? Interesting?

Even I hadn't heard that one yet........boy wouldn't that just be a Pandora's box of treasures if proven to be true.

And there you have it say no more!!!!!!!!

Go stick you hand on the RR right after a 100 lap race..(not a good Thing) let them pull off track and scale then stick your hand just do it.. Why not you will burn your hand.. I mean Blisters on your Hand...Now If heat changes the benchmark..(now MADE up numbers) say you got a tire at 18 be for the race and 18 to 22 is ok..20 laps Yellow, 30 laps yellow,20 laps yellow, 30 laps race over 4 time that tire is hot that it will burn your hand..now if heat lowers the Benchmark that tire is NO good.. How did he cheat...
    Now If you in a race going hard for 40 laps.. and a yellow come out and its a long one.. The tire glazes over thats what a driver said he calls it..Thats why you see the driver gunning it swaying back and fort trying to burn off the glaze..He says if you treat the tire, It will not glaze over..thats why you see some cars fall back on the restart tire dont hook up...He told me if you see a driver not burning off the tire and then takes off good after each restart there is a 50% his tires are DOPED..The tire will not glaze up if its doped...This is just what i was told By a big name driver ..I will not say his name...

Im with BBCB on this. Ive been prepping tires for the last 15 years. I have a pretty good understanding of chemistry too based on my job. So I don't understand how a test comes back and there are chemical/s missing. There would have to be other chemicals present that made the one deficient.

And lets not forget, we're talking- parts per million. That's a very very small particle size. What range is allowed before its declared illegal? That's what needs to be made public by the Series- how much gray area are they allowing?
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!