Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Jackie Boggs nailed for tires not meeting benchmark

Boggs win at Atomic on 8/27 was DQ'd for his tire sample failing to meet benchmarks.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...75978015760409

2 week suspension and loss of points and money.

Nice to see all sanctions are standardizing penalties, lol.

Time to start posting what's actually in it, rather than pass or fail.

Dang if this were Bloomquist there'd be 30 pages on this post and 20 new threads made already!
    Crickets.........

"Didn't meet the benchmark"

Quote Originally Posted by mopar92 View Post
    Time to start posting what's actually in it, rather than pass or fail.
    Why? it's not like some cheating is better than other cheating or some sh*t. You either pass or fail. There's no gray area.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Maybe series and drivers should just switch to American racer tires until hoosier gets this figured out

Need to get a "referee" sample from the same tires and have a different lab test bench marks. See if all the samples compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Why? it's not like some cheating is better than other cheating or some sh*t. You either pass or fail. There's no gray area.
    See that's where we disagree highly...
    I feel it should be made known for all to see what was added/used or in the case of the 5 other drivers what was missing that made the tire/s miss the "bench mark". Why should that be kept a secret??
    That's like a state cop pulling you over for speeding and handing you a ticket and you ask him how fast you were going and he tells you don't worry about it the radar gun said you were speeding that's all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    See that's where we disagree highly...
    I feel it should be made known for all to see what was added/used or in the case of the 5 other drivers what was missing that made the tire/s miss the "bench mark". Why should that be kept a secret??
    That's like a state cop pulling you over for speeding and handing you a ticket and you ask him how fast you were going and he tells you don't worry about it the radar gun said you were speeding that's all you need to know.
    Apples to oranges.

The racers do find out, hence the lawsuit. There's no reason the fans have to.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Apples to oranges. The racers do find out, hence the lawsuit. There's no reason the fans have to.
    Excellent.........

Very vague answer. Failed the benchmark?

WHY???

Apples to oranges.

The racers do find out, hence the lawsuit. There's no reason the fans have to.
    I haven't found out yet.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I can't believe he ran a 1300 on that track that night. Maybe I know why now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I agree that these labs could do a better job explaining these results for the fans, but the fact of the matter is, these tests are not for the fans. However, I don't see it necessary to start the everlasting tire lab conspiracy, because you know what? I've seen A LOT of passing results from that lab, and it just so happens, that this time someone failed. Blue Ridge Lab appears to do a lot of testing for numerous sanctions and there for I'm one to put good faith in their work, but the age old argument on "finding another lab" as I've heard people say/write... I don't think people realize what these sanctions are suddenly spending on Tire Tests each year (especially the smaller sanctions). 9/10 come back just fine, but it just appears that this time, someone was caught.

Remember when Jackie won the Lucas show at Portsmouth?? Scott was long gone a late caution came out and Jackie came from 3rd or 4th on top to seal the deal. That answered my suspicion

Quote Originally Posted by DirtWv77 View Post
    I agree that these labs could do a better job explaining these results for the fans, but the fact of the matter is, these tests are not for the fans. However, I don't see it necessary to start the everlasting tire lab conspiracy, because you know what? I've seen A LOT of passing results from that lab, and it just so happens, that this time someone failed. Blue Ridge Lab appears to do a lot of testing for numerous sanctions and there for I'm one to put good faith in their work, but the age old argument on "finding another lab" as I've heard people say/write... I don't think people realize what these sanctions are suddenly spending on Tire Tests each year (especially the smaller sanctions). 9/10 come back just fine, but it just appears that this time, someone was caught.
    If a driver or team really believes that the tires are legal then they should maybe foot the bill for retesting them elsewhere, and if then found legal be re-embersed their money for the testing.

Then the sanctioning body might say, "best two out of three"?

There is a reason (or at least a rumored reason) tires are missing something thus illegal, anyone noticed it's never a hard tire, LMAO

No doubt the lab is doing its job to the highest standards. But, those standards are only as good as the "bench mark" sample they are given by the tire companies.
    If XYZ tire company gives them the "bench mark" sample when the races start at the beginning of the season are they that confident in their quality controls and material traceability that every batch of tires are exactly the same every time??
    Or is a new "bench mark" sample submitted after every batch just in case there may have been some differences in materials or production??
    What if Joe Racer has left over tires he bought a year ago are they still going to match the current "bench marks"??

Will I use too have Faith in the FBI and we all know who Did not go to Jail.. Just this year...HC ring a bell...
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 09-07-2016 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling