Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hovlane View Post
    So does it make a difference if the tire reaches 200 plus degrees in a oven or if it reaches 200 plus degrees on the track or does 200 degree rubber react the same reguardless of how it reaches that temp. ? Now I run a used tire that won't meet the benchmark, DQ me. Don't label me a cheater.
    It is different. The edges haven't been burned off and you controlled exactly how hot and how long.

Look for Tony's tire sampler guy to be in the 4b's pit this weekend ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Thanks BBQ. a25jr it's kinda like nascar and those guys scuffing tires. Putting a heat cycle on a soft tire can prevent it from blistering. We can all agree a brand new tire is better than a used tire 99% of the time. If you are going to a track that blisters tires, well just put a heat cycle on them before you go. And like zeroracing said about his powdercoating oven. It don't mean the guys are taking them in the house and asking the wife to "cook" tires in the oven. A lot of these guys are engineers. it's pretty easy to fix up something to put tires in and get em to 300, 400, 500 degrees. I have no idea how hot they are getting them or how long but I'm guessing 300 plus. And for what its worth. I'm a commercial Truck Tire salesman for the company that supplies NASCAR. Been pushing rubbers for 31yrs come Oct 10th. I do know quite a bit about the subject. The tires that go through our retread process from work are cured at 240 degrees for 2.5 hours. That's considered a cold cap btw. Hot caps are done over 300 degrees.

And for what its worth. That 20 car that got caught at the NDRL show. He was dq'd cause his tires had been in an oven and didn't meet the benchmark. Not because they were juiced. Exact reason he didn't fight that dq. He didn't have a leg to stand on......
    That 20 car also was reimbursed by Hoosier for the purse he lost and fines he had to pay because they would not admit fault. That's what non-disclosure agreements are for. You think the big purple monster is actually going to come clean and admit they have a problem when they hold the monopoly on tire deals with 99% of the series and tracks? H!ll no!
    Next time anyone with this high and mighty attitude fails a drug test for a job or breathalyzer during a DUI, I'm sure you'll feel cozy at night not knowing why you failed those tests that labeled you an unemployed druggie or drunk driver. Or is that just too logical for 4m

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    How menny times have we seen a car running a way and the yellow comes out and he gets passed by 3 or 4 cars on restart.. bet its Tire Glaze....
    We have seen that many times, heck it's happened to me. That's when I was told what I posted. The guys messing with tires are obviously smarter on the subject than most, that's why we see labs involved. It may not be the perfect way to check the tires, but it's the best way at this time.

Well here we go. A tech at american racer expressed his views on this bench mark subject. It is well known that another tire company makes certain tires for certain people and the compound marked on the tire is not the compound that is in that tire. So that means it does not meet the bench mark. Thus it is not chemically treated, just not up to specification for that compound.

According to the legal action the lab has two sets of results for the same tire samples. One that states not a match to benchmark and the other as in order. Same lab, same test sample, same test procedure so why was additional test carried out? My guess was to confirm orginal results which obviously didn't work for anybody involved in this mess. If the series heads had any sense a fine would have been issued no results for the weekend and warned that their teams have clearly done something that proves to be non conclusive for this event. Some type of probation while the series and lab works out what was a actually done they could then issues a statement that it will no longer be allowed with any future unconclussive tests result being met with a ban from series events.

Quote Originally Posted by TJHTA42 View Post
    Well here we go. A tech at american racer expressed his views on this bench mark subject. It is well known that another tire company makes certain tires for certain people and the compound marked on the tire is not the compound that is in that tire. So that means it does not meet the bench mark. Thus it is not chemically treated, just not up to specification for that compound.
    Clean get cleaner.....dirty get dirtier.

Going to be interesting to see which side actually needs the grease lightening after this is all said and done.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Hmmmm, Imagine Dirt Racers looking for an edge, who woulda thought it, oh yeah it's been happenin' since the first dirt race at Valley Forge lmao

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    We have seen that many times, heck it's happened to me. That's when I was told what I posted. The guys messing with tires are obviously smarter on the subject than most, that's why we see labs involved. It may not be the perfect way to check the tires, but it's the best way at this time.
    When you lose cause someone "Is Cheating" Saying ITs the best way is not good enuff.. Because the Best way may say they cheated when they did not..And some that did cheat it says they did not...I see this as its a BIG problem and NO one has a anc....to the ? that what makes this so Bad...

I see this as You would not do it .. I would not do it because I like wining Cause I beat you. Because I am better then you that night, and If you beat Me because you were better then me that night.. Well may be 2 other beat us that night because they cheat.. I want them GONE do you...I want Prof they cheated

Quote Originally Posted by bayou tuff View Post
    Hmmmm, Imagine Dirt Racers looking for an edge, who woulda thought it, oh yeah it's been happenin' since the first dirt race at Valley Forge lmao
    When I race.. I look for the EDGE but i do it were the rule books does not say you can not do that...If the rule say you cant , then its not a EDGE its CHEATING.. Just cause they been doing it for 10000 years does that make it RIGHT...When now its catching up to us and may hurt Dirt racing beyond repair..
    Had to ADD
    If you are cheating and not found out .. You are Still Cheating.. Just like if you are speeding down the road just cause the cop dont see you .. You are STILL Speeding and its Still braking the LAW...Some people say If you are not Stopped You are not braking the Law.. WRONG you are breaking the Law you are just not pay a Fine for it...
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 09-08-2016 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Had too Add

Hoosier can't even make a tire that has a consistent circumference, what makes you think they can provide consistent benchmarks? Maybe they just better send all these tires to the lab and furnish paper work with them BEFORE they sell them. That way the racer knows what he is getting. I wouldn't trust the PURPLE MAFIA either.

And who decides what kind of tolerance is allowed for these lab results when comparing to the benchmark. There is error in every test that needs to be accounted for as well. I did my time in the chemistry lab. I understand how it works.

Its just like forensic science, the non-scientific community accepts it as gospel. I'm glad Bloomer is questioning their test results. Somebody needs to. Black Sunshine seems like the right man for the job.

Default Yup

Quote Originally Posted by TJHTA42 View Post
    This is what I heard too .... At some point the truth will trickle down to the fan base ...
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    Hoosier can't even make a tire that has a consistent circumference, what makes you think they can provide consistent benchmarks? Maybe they just better send all these tires to the lab and furnish paper work with them BEFORE they sell them. That way the racer knows what he is getting. I wouldn't trust the PURPLE MAFIA either.

And who decides what kind of tolerance is allowed for these lab results when comparing to the benchmark. There is error in every test that needs to be accounted for as well. I did my time in the chemistry lab. I understand how it works.

Its just like forensic science, the non-scientific community accepts it as gospel. I'm glad Bloomer is questioning their test results. Somebody needs to. Black Sunshine seems like the right man for the job.
    Welcome to the club.......what size hat do you wear?

And do you prefer the shiny foil side out or the flat side out????

I read the first page of the thread but I just can't stomach reading through another 5 pages of tire discussions again so forgive me if this was already mentioned...I don't see the sample results posted on the AMRA website...yet. Any chance this is a hoax?

http://www.amramodified.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post

Yep I have gone and got 2 tires both 40 mounted them on rims the same size...pump them up to 40 pounds . Say one of them is 94in and the other one is 98in.. How can 2 tire be the same and be SO far a part...So i check the numbers on the side . And they are from the same batch same Machine ...Something is wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I read the first page of the thread but I just can't stomach reading through another 5 pages of tire discussions again so forgive me if this was already mentioned...I don't see the sample results posted on the AMRA website...yet. Any chance this is a hoax?

I saw them on Facebook.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post

I think I found them on the web site you posted..2nd one center of page....shows 3 tires that passed...

From way back in July...

Whether he cheated them tars I don't know. I just can't see Jackie doping or using the voodoo chemical remover magic for a $1500 to win 25 lap race at a track he's
    Won at like 12 times this year when AMRA has been testing tires all year.

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    From way back in July...

Whether he cheated them tars I don't know. I just can't see Jackie doping or using the voodoo chemical remover magic for a $1500 to win 25 lap race at a track he's
    That is entirely too sensible and logical........and has no place on 4m.

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    From way back in July...

Actually, it is a perfect place to test a tire technique , since the same lab is in use and the penalty is pretty much a non issue for him.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1