Thread: DoD videos

Default DoD videos

Every time I have tried to watch a video for the last month, all I've been able to see was the ad prior to the race... Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same issue... I want to order the World, but I'm skeptical with the issue I stated... Have any 4mers had any issues with the broadcasts from Thur or Fri?? Thanks in advance
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

The ppv for at least Friday kept freezing up. All I would see during the freeze up was a spinning arrow. I turned on Race Monitor on my phone and noticed that the ppv was three laps behind the actual race! I knew the winner of the feature when ppv was on lap 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudweiser View Post
    Every time I have tried to watch a video for the last month, all I've been able to see was the ad prior to the race... Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same issue... I want to order the World, but I'm skeptical with the issue I stated... Have any 4mers had any issues with the broadcasts from Thur or Fri?? Thanks in advance
    I had no issues. There were a couple of people that reported issues in the chat, but I didn't have any problems and I have a pretty crummy internet connection.

I have a feeling you may have a slow internet connection too. I used to have that problem with the ads and that was because I was trying to watch in HD. If you mouse over the top right of the video window you should see something that says "HD On" or "HD Off". If it says HD On, then click it. That will turn HD Off, which should be good for people with slow connections.

As far as the PPV goes, if you have a slow connection and problems viewing the highlight videos I doubt the PPV will work. There are some suggestions for the PPV that cover possible issues viewing. Check them out here.

https://www.dirtondirt.com/story_9233.html

I hardly ever have a problem with the ppvs. But when I do, usually deleting my browsing history fixes it.

There has always been a delay between ppv and race monitor.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Appreciate it fellas... Never had a problem with the ppv feed before, so we're gonna order it again.. Next year though, I'll be in the house for my 1st ever World 100 weekend...
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

I have noticed the spinning arrow at times. It seems more likely during high internet usage times. My speed is just good enough for streaming videos. DOD is a little slower than say U Tube and combine that with high usage is when you get the feared spinning arrow. Thursday and Friday the night starts off with needing rebooted often and as the users drop off the IP it gets better. Get yourself a high pixel video to book mark and check against the streaming video, to see if the site is putting out a good product. Sometimes it's something little like going to videos as soon as you turn on the computer and the computer decides that is a great time to download upgrades each day.

It froze up on me until the last 30 laps. What a waste of $40. There's a reason I let my subscription run out. Once bitten twice shy.

There is only one thing worst the not seeing the race. thats a Live stream thats not live but delayed and that locks up all the time for the race,, and then you had too pay them for that...payed for 7 PPV 6 of them $ucked Just stopped getting them....
    O had to add... I Play Games on line and they take way more Internet speed the a live feeds do...
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 09-10-2016 at 11:39 PM.