Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inger condition

Default Inger condition

Anyone have an update???

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    Anyone have an update???
    I seen what was going on right in front of me. We all need to pray!!

? Heard it wasn't good but I don't wanna repeat anything that isn't confirmed.

The word going around the pit area is.....he didn't make it.

Thoughts go to his family....so sad.

Wow that is terrible. We were watching on pay per view and they didnt show the wreck. The car didn't look THAT bad. Wonder what happened?

So sad to hear. Prayers to his family and everyone involved. What happened?

Oh no. God bless him and his family!

I got a call from one of the car owners sons shortly fater it happened and he told me he didn't make it

Drivers door hit real hard on outside wall. Didn't look like he had a full containment seat.
    Prayers to Unger family.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Justadddirt, the pictures I seen had no window net, and no containment seat of any type. His lap times on race monitor were in the 20 second range, and it happened I guess off a restart?

What I am getting at is one a left side hit like this you don't have to be going JD or bloomer fast for it too get bad quickly. At our local track a b mod had a bad crash similar a few years back the guy was taken to the hospital but recovered.

It is a terrible tragedy and a big wake up call that everybody should have a containment seat and window net. I am guilty of the no net. I also think adding door foam of some type to the drivers side door would help. A left side door into wall hit is extremely rare, but we have little to no crush zone on the cars (mods and streets the same).

I pray for his family, hope this reminds us all of how you must have good equipment like a seat, net, etc... I have been guilty of thinking I don't need a window net, will be buying a good SFI one and mounting it this off season.

RIP.
    Last edited by zeroracing; 09-10-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Had a prior commitment and didn't get to see the race or get any updates, so just seeing this heartbreaking news. My prayers and condolences are sent.

I knew the crash was bad, but was shocked at the reaction of the first safety worker and then how long it took the ambulance to get to the scene. There was no urgency right away. I saw the hit and knew it was bad. Anyone else feel that way?

Yes, I just caught the end of the wreck, and I knew it was bad by the sound Sound and angle of the hit. Cannot help but think that the sun may have played a bit into that accident. It went from overcast, to full on sun in your face. Driver probably did not have any sunglasses, or any sun visors in place. It was difficult to see the cars on the track in that area.
    I have raced at the big e in those conditions and it is difficult to see .
    Horrible that it happened.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

He was down low, got squeezed into the low side wall and shot up the track head on into the wall. When the left front hit the wall it whipped the car around and the drivers side hit the wall

Wow, what a tragedy. All we can do is hope his family is taken care of, and hopefully something good can come from this in the form of ENFORCED MANDATORY SAFETY EQUIPMENT. Have it or don't race.

I don't know how many times I have watched drivers run with no gloves, crap seats, etc. and even though there are rules in place they aren't being enforced. They have got to be. I am a believer that all the cars need a window net, just my opinion, full containment seat and head/neck restraint won't prevent something coming in the car during a crash. We lost a guy at our track a long time ago because in an odd crash a tire came in the window far enough and broke his neck, it can happen, so we need to prevent it.

Prayers to his family and friends. So sad.

This crash happened right in front of me. When the car slapped the wall I said man that was not a good hit. But when the crew worker got there, I thought he was ok. Even when they were cutting the roof off, I thought they were just being cautious. But when I saw them doing cpr. I knew it was bad news.

From pictures I have seen of him in the car. He appears to be really low in the car, which would put his head really close the door bars. Add in the fact of no head and neck restraint and no containment seat. That concrete wall is hard on your neck and head no matter how fast your going.

I wouldn't be surprised to see eldora put in some sort of soft wall. They have the room in the turns to move the wall back.

Prayers to his family in this difficult time.
    Last edited by cjp0354; 09-11-2016 at 12:17 PM.

Soft walls Big E may have the money a small track will not have the Money . Big E just to do the turns 300000 to 400000 Bucks and I am most likely low not high on that...neck restraint and containment seat, and window net .. is a must have I think..There is a good chance that they would of saved his life....
    add
    I take that back it cost 2Mill do do the rest of the track at the track for the first race of the year In NASCAR.. 1/3 mile of wall is what they did....too do the turns at BIG E you would need 1000 feet of Soft wall..700000 to a 1mil too move the wall back would cost at lease 300000 bucks if not more...
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 09-11-2016 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Had too Add

Roger Slack told USA Today that Unger had a HANS.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Roger Slack told USA Today that Unger had a HANS.
    Means he had to hurt his Head and not his neck.. The hans would help keep his neck and head in line but the seat my have let his head hit the wall. or a inside bar..