Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unhappy

Here is one pic I took of Shane and his car this weekend
    If your on FACEBOOK PLEASE share this picture in Shane's Memory .
    LINK - https://www.facebook.comphoto.php?fb...type=3&theater
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 5 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    It would be nice if a track could have a race in his honor and all proceeds go to the family.
    SOS did that for the Floyd family and I went and gave all I could.
    I for one will gladly attend if they do.

RIP Shane.
    They should of played the national anthem, line the cars 4 wide and have the drivers stand beside their cars after national anthem play. Come over the pa tell everyoneand have moment of silence of his death.

But this is Tony Stewart what do you expect.

they did announce it after the race

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    They should of played the national anthem, line the cars 4 wide and have the drivers stand beside their cars after national anthem play. Come over the pa tell everyoneand have moment of silence of his death.

But this is Tony Stewart what do you expect.
    You guys are morons. It's been stated several times that they didn't say anything to ensure the family was properly notified. Which is pretty much universal when it comes to accidents. Police don't real ease names of victims until families have been notified either.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Alright folks CLASS move by Bobby Pierce!
    I may have not been a Pierce fan. But this move right here just moved him pretty close to the front of the line.
    link - https://facebook.com/bobbypierce32/p...type+3&theater
    Class for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by c1ty5tar View Post
    You guys are morons. It's been stated several times that they didn't say anything to ensure the family was properly notified. Which is pretty much universal when it comes to accidents. Police don't real ease names of victims until families have been notified either.
    His family was there is what I was told......They know he was dead be for he left the track...

The biggest reason, they don't announce a death during a race is Relatives deserve to hear that from a person, not the media. That's why DOD took the camera off the car as they where cutting him out. It's called class. I suspect the family was aware early enough to notify all the relatives before it was announced at the track last night.

Shane's father and mother are both long-time race-day employees at Eldora. Mike is the track welder and his mother used to work at the ticket booth but I think works in the infield concessions now. I don't know for a fact but I am sure they were in communications with Eldora the entire time. There is no right or wrong way to handle this. It is just a horrible accident. RIP Shane and condolences to his family.

Ok it's very sad to lose a driver especially doing what they love to do.....but do have done ? I heard he didn't have a impact seat or shock abosorded seat .......no window net in neither wasn't their but just watched highlights no car had window net thought that was mandotory for eldora .......just curious

Quote Originally Posted by big mouth from da south View Post
    Ok it's very sad to lose a driver especially doing what they love to do.....but do have done ? I heard he didn't have a impact seat or shock abosorded seat .......no window net in neither wasn't their but just watched highlights no car had window net thought that was mandotory for eldora .......just curious
    no but he was wearing a HANS device.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 5 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Were there other cars involved in the accident?

Joey coulter was involved in it and another car

Quote Originally Posted by castone View Post
    Were there other cars involved in the accident?
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsbluer2 View Post
    Joey coulter was involved in it and another car
    There where 4 cars total involved in the accident. Delmas Conley was one of them.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Am I getting this right? Stop the show if someone dies? They don't announce it and run the show. This is how it's always been done. Indy 500, Daytona 500 didn't stop when Dale E died. It has more to do with notifying next of kin more than Economics of canceling a race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    The biggest reason, they don't announce a death during a race is Relatives deserve to hear that from a person, not the media. That's why DOD took the camera off the car as they where cutting him out. It's called class. I suspect the family was aware early enough to notify all the relatives before it was announced at the track last night.
    Talking about class at the same time as this is how it's always been done. Dale died the last lap, last turn.

It's a decision, and yes, it is perfectly ok to inconvenience people if a guy loses his dam life on the race track. Now knowing his family was involved at the Big E, maybe all were in agreeance about continuing, I just wouldn't feel right continuing at that time.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

What brand of chassis was he running, I'm not placing blame or trying to start something. I'm just curious.

I hate when something like this happens we all do the "Well they should have done this, or they should mandate that". "They should donate this or should have grieved like that". Everybody grieves differently. In my personal opinion, I was fine that the race went on, if they would have stopped it, that would have been fine too. In honesty (and this is disturbing), I have a feeling that if they would have cancelled the rest of the night, there would have been just enough race "fans" there that would have raised heck and complained about how far they've come and how much money they've spent to see the race, that somewhat of a riot would have ensued, only worsening the tragic situation.

In addition, you have to trust a racer to know what is the best safety package for him. Not all guys are the same. In a micro sprint I loved my full containment seat and Hans. In a street stock, I did not like the seat. In a late model (which I've never strapped into), I don't see that a full containment seat (though maybe effective) would be good for my nerves. I am a lot more afraid of fire than anything else, so to have a full containment seat with such a low roof and no top escape, I don't know. I know a lot of guys do it, but I don't think the guys that choose not to should be automatically be classified as "man that does not care about safety and only spends money on go fast parts." From some of the pictures I've seen in memorials for Shane, he wasn't a small man.

Unfortunately, accidents happen, no matter how safe you think you are. Freak accidents. People lose their lives crossing the street, or playing baseball, or flying back home for Christmas to see their family, and kids riding the school bus.

Pray for the family, because nothing we say on here is going to change what happens, and sadly will continue to happen in the sport.

Did anyone on here actually see the incident? I just talked to someone who did, and I got the impression he was hard on the brakes and slowed, he tagged the back of a nearly stopped car, drivers door to left rear wheel area, and went up the track and bumped the wall, if that. Was told the safety workers were walking around the car, so it was not pinned drivers side door into the wall. Was told if not for cutting the cage to get him out, it looked like replace a wheel/tire and some sheet metal work and it could have been fixed in 15 minutes. Is it possible he had a medical emergency during/after?

"Is it possible he had a medical emergency during/after?" Yes, anything is possible, But all these "EXPERTS" on here have to speculate! My condolences to Michelle, and his two beautiful children, and the rest of his family.. GOD SPEED DOUGHBOY!!

John Fosnaugh

Will i am not going to say if it was wrong or right no more .. And just be sad that he lost his Live instead.....The Family dont need too see Us fighting over How it was handle...

It happened right in front of where I was sitting. I'll be honest when I saw and heard the wreck, I didn't even think twice that someone may have been hurt until they started cutting the car up. I've seen way harder hits/wrecks at a race track. I'm still in disbelief over it, my buddies and I thought maybe it was a medical emergency situation. It's a sad situation either way. Prayers to the family.