Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Rest in peace Shane Unger

Shane lost his life tonight at Eldora. I was kind of surprised the whole show went on as if nothing happened.

Ptown your exactly right. I had a weird feeling watching tonight knowing this has happened. Yes it's a big race but a fellow racer lost his life tonight trying to do what he loved to do. Prayers to the Unger family.

They may not have known for sure. Terrible thing to have happen though.

So sad, Prayers for his Family...
    That too bad, I wondered why that Yellow was so long .. All I had was Live timing .. Wish His Family.. Peace in there time of need.. I hate it when this happens.. God Bless,, Gary
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 09-10-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by c1ty5tar View Post
    They may not have known for sure. Terrible thing to have happen though.
    They knew, word was going around in the stands before they ran the semis then it appeared on the Eldora web site minutes after the races ended tonight.

Just from what stated on the other thread. He hit the wall hard on the drivers side.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    They knew, word was going around in the stands before they ran the semis then it appeared on the Eldora web site minutes after the races ended tonight.
    I wasn't aware of that. I just know when I've been at the track and in the pits, sometimes info never really gets relayed that well.

Hope his family and friends can get through this rough time though.

I just got onto the PPV right after the wreck happened. They kept the camera pointed away from the accident and didn't say much about it. Assumed it was very bad. Very sorry to hear this, thoughts and prayers to the Unger family.
    Last edited by mud duck; 09-10-2016 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    I just got onto the PPV right after the wreck happened. They kept the camera pointed away from the accident and didn't say much about it. Very sorry to hear this, thoughts and prayers to the Unger family.
    They knew what happened!! They were bagging him and doing cpr when they got him out of the car. Right in front of me. I had the same feeling. Working in the medical field I was pretty sure and sitting there the rest of the night didn't feel right to me. Just awful. Prayers for his family and friends. Hope I never have to see it again at racetrack.

I am Sorry, But I think this is the First Time I have ever heard that a race went on after someone has Die....

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    I am Sorry, But I think this is the First Time I have ever heard that a race went on after someone has Die....
    I texted a good friend who is a crew chief for one the touring guys and I'm pretty sure it was known before the feature started. It just feels some what disrespectful.

When they first showed his car after the wreck I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. There was no movement from the car. Then I thought that the track workers didn't seem too frantic, so maybe he was okay. When they pointed the cameras away I thought the worst, but then the crowd was cheering so I was hoping maybe he got out okay.

We have threads like this far too often. Racing is a dangerous sport. The drivers and fans know the risks. That is why I think we're all more like family than in other sports.

I don't know much about Shane and only saw him race a few times, but I thought his car looked pretty cool. I was glad to see him out there this weekend. He will be missed. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

I want to send my prayers to Shane Unger's family. My name is Tim Meyers and I work with his brother Shad. I hung around with them some at the track. Always left and went to watch the races. I was there Sunday at the Baltes and talked to Shane always smiling and very nice. Shad always joking and very nice. Also to Pat Ferguson and boys its sad. I did not go to the World this year and normally I do but after having a baby last August I wanted to stay home with him. Just cant believe it.

Thoughts and prayers for the Unger family.

Maybe some good will come from this in the months ahead. Get rid of arm restraits and require window nets?

I don't like the changing of the cars, shocks/set ups... But I can 100% get behind a properly mounted window net rule, full containment seat rule.

Thoughts and prayers for his family.

Turning out to be a bad year for people getting hurt or Worse .. This keeps up they will have too do something...

DoD's Dirt Wire has a blurb on the tragic accident.

https://www.dirtondirt.com/dirtwire.php?id=3947

Prayers for the family
    It is a matter of opinion if the Race goes on. I was fine with it.

Change video settings on dirt on dirt and look for malware you might have too many connectiond

Had a great weekend until I heard about Shane at the track rip my friend