Default The Next Generation At the World

On a night that saw the racing community lose one of it's own, life has to carry on. For me the biggest story of the World 100 was the young drivers that will be this sport's future. We were introduced to The New Deal, Hudson O'Neal. Billy Moyer Jr ran a strong race on what might be his father's final World 100 weekend. Devin Moran seemed to really come into his own and Bobby Pierce? He's arguably the most talented young driver in the sport and possibly the #1 driver in Dirt Late Model racing right now. After this weekend it's really looking like the baton is about to be passed, if it hasn't been already.

It's a shame that one of the other sport's other Next Generation stars, Brandon Sheppard, wasn't allowed to compete. Despite that, these young men's fathers and families have a lot to be proud of. The future of the sport is in the hands of some very capable young men that God willing will be entertaining us for a long time to come.

The amount of talent that is 25 years and younger is crazy.

Hopefully since these guys are second generation late model drivers, and have fathers who have for the most part done it the right way, they will have the respect for the sport and the other drivers that alot of the new young NASCAR and F1 drivers lack.

I agree with this 100%. These young guys are now really, really good. For our sake, I hope they stay on the dirt for years to come.

It says on DoD that 5 drivers made their first World 100 starts: Zack Dohm, Michael Page, Michael Norris, Timothy Culp, and Nick Hoffman. All these guys are still pretty young too, was good to see some new faces up front at Eldora.

Did anyone hear the rumor about Pierce driving for Boyer next year in Pierce equipment? Heard Lanigan was out next year.

Throw in Ricky Thorton Jr as well. Was totally impressed with the "kids" and the newbies who showed up.

Been telling my father in law about Sheppard and Pierce for three years,he's seeing it now

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    Hopefully since these guys are second generation late model drivers, and have fathers who have for the most part done it the right way, they will have the respect for the sport and the other drivers that alot of the new young NASCAR and F1 drivers lack.
    I'm curious which current young NASCAR drivers you think don't have respect for the sport? And why you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    On a night that saw the racing community lose one of it's own, life has to carry on. For me the biggest story of the World 100 was the young drivers that will be this sport's future. We were introduced to The New Deal, Hudson O'Neal. Billy Moyer Jr ran a strong race on what might be his father's final World 100 weekend. Devin Moran seemed to really come into his own and Bobby Pierce? He's arguably the most talented young driver in the sport and possibly the #1 driver in Dirt Late Model racing right now. After this weekend it's really looking like the baton is about to be passed, if it hasn't been already.

It's a shame that one of the other sport's other Next Generation stars, Brandon Sheppard, wasn't allowed to compete. Despite that, these young men's fathers and families have a lot to be proud of. The future of the sport is in the hands of some very capable young men that God willing will be entertaining us for a long time to come.
    Right on Snake. the New Deal caught me by surprise.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    I'm curious which current young NASCAR drivers you think don't have respect for the sport? And why you think that?
    JH Nemechek, Eric Jones, and until very recently, Joey Logano, just to name a few.
    In F1, specifically Max Verstappen and Daniil Kvyat.

JH Nemechek, Eric Jones, and until very recently, Joey Logano, just to name a few.
    Well I guess that answers that question pretty well!!

Eric Jones is Kyle Busch of old minus 1/2 the talent. They don't make many young drivers like Chase Elliott. Quiet, unassuming, and talented.

It's cool seeing the kids of the guys I grew up watching starting to knock off some big ones. Even if it does make me feel a tad old.

Joey Logano Worst end of no respect .. Best end of it Chase Elliott
    JH Nemechek ..Crash in too you, then hit you agen, then Hit you agen, and then say you have done it to ME...After that truck race I hope all truck drivers take turns putting him in the wall...

Don't forget B-Main winner #D8 Dustin Linville is also only 25 years old
    If your getting passed,YOUR AS SLOW AS ME !!!!

In regards to the young NASCAR drivers Kyle Larson, by all accounts, is very respectful, classy and dignified on and off the racetrack.

I believe Christopher Bell and Rico will turn out to be equally well mannered and well behaved, as well. They have given no indication to the contrary throughout their open wheel dirt careers and so far in their NASCAR exploits.