Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default The Battle at Bristol

I have to say that was THE most awesomust thang(lol) I have ever seen!!! Ive been to many races there. Been on the track a few times but last night was just....awesome!! lol The electricity in the air was so thick. Great show great game. GO VOLS!!!!
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Bruton Smith is laughing all the way to the bank and Brian France and his lackeys are puking behind the NASCAR offices remembering when dad and grandpa run NASCAR the grandstands looked like that for Cup races.....

Yep! I hope the NASCAR crew drowns in their own puke!

Well, it was a heck of a good race too.... football sucks

I agree Mud

The fact that two college football teams playing a regular season game can pack a facility that NASCAR can't even half fill for their premier division is just one more indication that the gimmicks aren't working.

It will be interesting to keep an eye on NASCAR in the coming years to see if they try to do anything to stop the continuing bleeding in regards to attendance and fan interest.

I feel no particular sympathy for NASCAR's plight and downward spiral because they've made their bed in many different ways. I feel even less empathy for the predatory camping facilities, hotels, restaurants and bars that gouged their way to the disdain of ordinary people who happen to be race fans. However, it does sadden me somewhat to watch what was once a very proud and relevant racing series featuring some of the best racing in the world slowly die right in front of our eyes.

I guess in regards to NASCAR the old adage "beware of what you wish for, for you may get it" applies. They sought to satisfy fans that clamored for this and for that and they folded to that pressure and replaced tried and true policies with gimmicks that cheapen the sport and are manipulated in ways that never were foreseen or intended. These days we have a defending "champion" who didn't even participate in 1/3 of the season. Now those bandwagon fans who did most of the clamoring have abandoned NASCAR and their former core supporters are disgusted with the nonsense and NASCAR is left holding an empty bag with a comical look on their face.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The fact that two college football teams playing a regular season game can pack a facility that NASCAR can't even half fill for their premier division is just one more indication that the gimmicks aren't working.

It will be interesting to keep an eye on NASCAR in the coming years to see if they try to do anything to stop the continuing bleeding in regards to attendance and fan interest.

I feel no particular sympathy for NASCAR's plight and downward spiral because they've made their bed in many different ways. I feel even less empathy for the predatory camping facilities, hotels, restaurants and bars that gouged their way to the disdain of ordinary people who happen to be race fans. However, it does sadden me somewhat to watch what was once a very proud and relevant racing series featuring some of the best racing in the world slowly die right in front of our eyes.

I guess in regards to NASCAR the old adage "beware of what you wish for, for you may get it" applies. They sought to satisfy fans that clamored for this and for that and they folded to that pressure and replaced tried and true policies with gimmicks that cheapen the sport and are manipulated in ways that never were foreseen or intended. These days we have a defending "champion" who didn't even participate in 1/3 of the season. Now those bandwagon fans who did most of the clamoring have abandoned NASCAR and their former core supporters are disgusted with the nonsense and NASCAR is left holding an empty bag with a comical look on their face.
    I can hear Bill Jr's words to his idiot son, Brian.....you're FIRED!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Yall missed the point. Who gives a chit about NASCRAP? I understand what your saying CIRF but that wasnt the point of this thread. Ive been to about everything they have had at that track at least once. I even went to the racing school they had there but it didnt compare to this. The point was about a crowd that set a world record. The feeling you get when you step into an event and feel the lil hairs all over standing up. It was bigger than any other sporting event EVER. The game was great too. And beside football hockey and dirt track racing what else is there???
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

I give a Chit about NASCAR, far more then football and the azzholes disrespecting the flag, anthem and country .... screw a bunch of foot ball... by the way Chase is next, and yes, I like it.... no more strokin'..... Larry Mac said it best, under the old system by now it was all but over, the fat lady was warming up, not any more, a fight to the finish....

them two schools love there football and it gave a lot of people a chance to see the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Yall missed the point. Who gives a chit about NASCRAP? I understand what your saying CIRF but that wasnt the point of this thread. Ive been to about everything they have had at that track at least once. I even went to the racing school they had there but it didnt compare to this. The point was about a crowd that set a world record. The feeling you get when you step into an event and feel the lil hairs all over standing up. It was bigger than any other sporting event EVER. The game was great too. And beside football hockey and dirt track racing what else is there???
    Sorry I missed your point, dd45.

However, I must set the record straight. This football game was NOT bigger than any other sporting event EVER. The 2016 Indianapolis 500 in May drew in excess of 350,000 people which in comparison is more than double the paltry 157,000 that the football game at BMS drew on Saturday. The Indy 500 regularly draws 280,000 to 320,000 spectators. The Indy 500 is, and has been, the largest one day sporting event in the world for decades. Not knocking the football game just, clarifying the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    I give a Chit about NASCAR, far more then football and the azzholes disrespecting the flag, anthem and country .... screw a bunch of foot ball... by the way Chase is next, and yes, I like it.... no more strokin'..... Larry Mac said it best, under the old system by now it was all but over, the fat lady was warming up, not any more, a fight to the finish....
    Hmmmm. There are many examples where the championship came down to the last race of the year under the real non-gimmick points system. Look up 1992 for instance. There were 4 or 5 teams who had a legitimate shot at winning the Cup championship that year. There were many, many other seasons that the NASCAR Cup championship wasn't decided until the last race, too.

If a team, such as the #17 team in 2003, has a season which affords them a comfortable win with the legitimate points system then so be it. They EARNED it, unlike the 2015 "champion" who somehow is awarded a bogus championship after not participating in 1/3 of the season. Farce? You betcha'! And that is why a college football game can out draw a NASCAR race by 75,000+.

All NASCAR has to do to discover who and how they're in that position of being embarrassed by a college football game is just look in the mirror. The reason Larry Mac says what he says is because he wants to keep his job, not necessarily because he believes what he's saying. I don't fault Larry for saying what he has said but it doesn't make it so and he may not truly believe it, either.

Sorry I missed your point, dd45.

However, I must set the record straight. This football game was NOT bigger than any other sporting event EVER. The 2016 Indianapolis 500 in May drew in excess of 350,000 people which in comparison is more than double the paltry 157,000 that the football game at BMS drew on Saturday. The Indy 500 regularly draws 280,000 to 320,000 spectators. The Indy 500 is, and has been, the largest one day sporting event in the world for decades. Not knocking the football game just, clarifying the facts.
    Hmmmm. There are many examples where the championship came down to the last race of the year under the real non-gimmick points system. Look up 1992 for instance. There were 4 or 5 teams who had a legitimate shot at winning the Cup championship that year. There were many, many other seasons that the NASCAR Cup championship wasn't decided until the last race, too.

If a team, such as the #17 team in 2003, has a season which affords them a comfortable win with the legitimate points system then so be it. They EARNED it, unlike the 2015 "champion" who somehow is awarded a bogus championship after not participating in 1/3 of the season. Farce? You betcha'! And that is why a college football game can out draw a NASCAR race by 75,000+.

All NASCAR has to do to discover who and how they're in that position of being embarrassed by a college football game is just look in the mirror. The reason Larry Mac says what he says is because he wants to keep his job, not necessarily because he believes what he's saying. I don't fault Larry for saying what he has said but it doesn't make it so and he may not truly believe it, either.
    Don't care about your "In the past" blather...get ready for it, the Chase is upon us!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Don't care about your "In the past" blather...get ready for it, the Chase is upon us!!!!!
    Yep, the chase is upon us and it's more irrelevant than ever!!!!!!! Don't care about your "gimmicked up BS called the chase". I've been ready for it since pee wee jr. gimmicked his way into a bogus championship last November! LOL!! Myself and over half the fan base of 10 or 12 years ago don't give a fat rats ass any more and one of the biggest reason's why is the gimmick called chase. You're part of a dyin' breed, muddy! LOL!

Has it sunk in yet muddy ol' buddy? Two college football teams, neither of which is ranked above 15th nationally, draws double the number of spectators that the premier division of NASCAR at a venue that 10 years ago was one of the toughest tickets in all of spectator sports.

Now that's sad, but very predictable.

Hey, like I have said a 100 times before, you don't have to like it makes no beans to me.... I enjoy the battle far better then the yawners of yesteryear... feel free to ignore my posts cause oddly enough... I couldn't care less... Nice to see both Ganasasi cars in... butchered that spelling and all five (yes I said five) Gibbs Toyotas... that in its self is quite a feet, the Gibbs cars have won 50% of the races so far this years.... that is stout....

The fact that two college football teams playing a regular season game can pack a facility that NASCAR can't even half fill for their premier division is just one more indication that the gimmicks aren't working.It will be interesting to keep an eye on NASCAR in the coming years to see if they try to do anything to stop the continuing bleeding in regards to attendance and fan interest.I feel no particular sympathy for NASCAR's plight and downward spiral because they've made their bed in many different ways. I feel even less empathy for the predatory camping facilities, hotels, restaurants and bars that gouged their way to the disdain of ordinary people who happen to be race fans. However, it does sadden me somewhat to watch what was once a very proud and relevant racing series featuring some of the best racing in the world slowly die right in front of our eyes.I guess in regards to NASCAR the old adage "beware of what you wish for, for you may get it" applies. They sought to satisfy fans that clamored for this and for that and they folded to that pressure and replaced tried and true policies with gimmicks that cheapen the sport and are manipulated in ways that never were foreseen or intended. These days we have a defending "champion" who didn't even participate in 1/3 of the season. Now those bandwagon fans who did most of the clamoring have abandoned NASCAR and their former core supporters are disgusted with the nonsense and NASCAR is left holding an empty bag with a comical look on their face.
    this from someone that thinks the Allen Crowe 100 is a big race lmfao but carry on

Yep, the chase is upon us and it's more irrelevant than ever!!!!!!! Don't care about your "gimmicked up BS called the chase". I've been ready for it since pee wee jr. gimmicked his way into a bogus championship last November! LOL!! Myself and over half the fan base of 10 or 12 years ago don't give a fat rats ass any more and one of the biggest reason's why is the gimmick called chase. You're part of a dyin' breed, muddy! LOL!Has it sunk in yet muddy ol' buddy? Two college football teams, neither of which is ranked above 15th nationally, draws double the number of spectators that the premier division of NASCAR at a venue that 10 years ago was one of the toughest tickets in all of spectator sports.Now that's sad, but very predictable.
    and we know your eyes are brown

that 1992 race for championship was something special it was a dam shame we lost a couple drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    that 1992 race for championship was something special it was a dam shame we lost a couple drivers.
    The problem with the way it "was" is the good ones were few and far between.... The Chase is the answer to that, you have to run at the top of your game and win if you want a shot, only three pointed in, and two of those got luck cause Chase Elliot could have easily won on two different occasions, he made a mistake...twice, same mistake at that... bad restart... Now it would be cool to me to have all four of the final four be Gibb's cars but not likely... should be a heck of a run.... better then watching some panty waste dis the Flag and the Anthem....

better then watching some panty waste dis the Flag and the Anthem.... man you got that right those sob are making how much money in our country and disrespecting the flag

Chiefs fans have been disrespecting the national anthem for YEARS. Where's your outrage over that?