Default Race Tec pistons

Gas anyone else used them? I have them in 2 motors both have 2 full seasons in them. 25 shows a year and they still look new. If you have them how long have you gone on them? So far I'm very impressed. The machine shop wants to get new ones. Should I hold on to them as spares?
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

We will typically measure them and if the skirts still have taper left in them and still have roughly the same clearance they did when new and as long as the wrist pin bore and ring lands are still in good condition we keep using them. I've never used Racetec pistons myself so I can't speak of the quality.

How hard are you running them? I think that, along with all the things Derek mentioned should be taken into consideration. A lot of the late model guys a freshen up is a set of pistons every time. To a guy making 600p or less not turning 8500 and running weekly shows they are going to last a lot longer.

560 ish hp 7500 rpm. So not hard. Decided to change one set as the block needs bored and new rings in the other engine.

My machinist loves them...good price, good quality. He tells me they're made by a group of the JE piston guys who didn't want to move east when JE relocated from southern California to Mentor,Ohio and are merged with the Wiseco piston company. Gonna try a set on a future engine.

Ran a set of custom race tecs a few years back. No issues, minus some miscommunication in valve pocket depths and diameter. Held up to 18 races in a 410 sprint and were still usable. Choose to go with Mahle afterwards though.
    Josh K.

good parts, we did break one but it wasn't the pistons fault, it was the valve head floating around in there.
    I'd say they are as good quality as any out there

They also make a lower cost version called Auto Tec out of 4032 alloy for the lower hp or lower budget guys. The Race Tec is made of 2618 alloy. They're also great to work up any custom needs.

Just had them do me up a set of custom LS pistons. Our rules have nothing to make them illegal so I'm going to build one.

If its custom pistons, forget it. Took them 6 tries and 4 months and they never got it right. I quit and asked for my money back.

They may be the best pistons in the world, but I am done with them

What did you have them build?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

i had the same problem with custom pistons , but have used a couple sets of their pistons with no problems.