Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

02 World 100

Bond County fairgrounds in Greenville Il. Jim Leka, dik Taylor and lumpy lowery racing three wide
    Last edited by gumby_32d; 09-13-2016 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Spelling

the 1995 Butterball Memorial at Richmond ,Johnny Wheeler and Brian Asbury raced side by side for im not for sure how many laps but at least 15 to 20 laps with Terry English trying to get by them and Mike Jewell coming from the tail to catch them with a couple laps to go. Wheeler won by a nose and Jewell and English were side by side at finish.

93 and 95 N/S 100

2006 World 100
    2008 Show-Me 100 (Bloomquist won from 24th)
    2002 Summer Nationals at Kentucky Lake (Moyer won from 19th)
    2010 Show-Me 100 at Wheatland
    2002 World 100

My first race ever... Hales Corners Speedway 1970. Slowest qualifier (gimme a break I was driving a '59 Chrysler!)... Started on the pole in a six lap heat and beat a much faster '64 Chevelle by 1/2 car length. Same night I led 5 3/4 laps of another heat only to get beat at the line by a '60 Dodge!..
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

2011 Black diamond 125 preliminary feature #1 for $10k Pat Doar , Davey Johnson and Mike Marlar 2 and 3 wide for lead all race long and Pat Doar won it was awesome plus it was cool for me growing up watching Doar at cedar lake and driving 16hours to see him win a huge race like that was pretty cool

1 that will always stand out is that when Mark Richards was supposed to be building and selling the then dominate Bullitt Chassis for Ray Callahan on the East Coast but instead he modified Rays jig to his own idea and had Davey { The Juice } Johnson who was supposed to be the Bullitt house driver run Marks design on opening night at Don Martins Lernerville Speedway around 1992. The Juice lapped the entire field in the black Angeliccio and Henry 1J . Oh by the way , that was in the HEAT race !!!
    Last edited by Raceready; 09-14-2016 at 01:06 AM.

Raceready, so what happened in the feature?

He won of course but Chub Frank, Dave Hoffman, and Lynn Giesler kept him from totally stinking up the 25 lap feature . If it would have gone green the whole way the result most likely would have been the same. The car was running the bottom so smooth as if it was it on rails compared to the others as Kid Rockets car seems to be running in these more modern times.
    Last edited by Raceready; 09-14-2016 at 01:56 AM.

Default Mod Race at Fairbury

Not sure of the year, sometime between 2008-2011. I believe it was a makeup feature for the UMP mods at Fairbury. 4 modifieds went 3 and 4 wide for the lead for most of the race. Mckay Wenger was the top car of the four. He eventually got sick of being patient and didn't let off one lap to let another car in. Wenger destroyed his car on the front stretch. As Wenger got out of the car he got a standing ovation. I think as they were cleaning up the mess, they interviewed him and he was so pumped up about the race that he didn't even care that the car was destroyed. I cant even remember who won the race (maybe Leka, or Curl) but I've never seen a race that good with that much excitement. I haven't missed a big race at Fairbury since. It never disappoints.

Best part of the night was as we were leaving, two wreckers were carrying Wengers car down the main street in town back to his shop.

One of the best, and for sure the shortest great one I ever saw was a Late Model Trophy dash at a regular Sunday afternoon show at Eldora in 1969. Chuck McWilliams, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Dunleavy, Ralph Latham and Larry Pendelton in 2 Torinos, 1 Chevelle and 1 fastback Dodge Charger, all big blocks, went at it tooth and nail side by side and nose to tail never more than a foot or so separating all 4. Everybody took a turn leading by inches. McWilliams won it.

have to agree w/ piercefan on the PDC and the 06 World

1999 I79 stars race, Billy Drake started shotgun on the field drove around the light poles in the infield and passed Davey J. with about 4 to go for the win.1998 I think Chub started tail of the Winchester 200 and won it.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    One of the best, and for sure the shortest great one I ever saw was a Late Model Trophy dash at a regular Sunday afternoon show at Eldora in 1969. Chuck McWilliams, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Dunleavy, Ralph Latham and Larry Pendelton in 2 Torinos, 1 Chevelle and 1 fastback Dodge Charger, all big blocks, went at it tooth and nail side by side and nose to tail never more than a foot or so separating all 4. Everybody took a turn leading by inches. McWilliams won it.
    Now that sounds like it was something special!! True late model stock cars that you could actually distinguish the brand, model and year at a glance running big block engines at Eldora!!

I was very young in 1969 but can appreciate the spectacle of that day, nonetheless!

Thanks for sharing.

how bout the year carrier won the north south 2014? I figured they would be several mention that one

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Boesel View Post
    2011 Black diamond 125 preliminary feature #1 for $10k Pat Doar , Davey Johnson and Mike Marlar 2 and 3 wide for lead all race long and Pat Doar won it was awesome plus it was cool for me growing up watching Doar at cedar lake and driving 16hours to see him win a huge race like that was pretty cool
    That one is up there for me along with the 2006 world 100. Last Friday night at Eldora was some good racing too.

2006 World 100 is the best dirt late model race that I have ever seen
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Mine was every Sunday night in the late 70s at Rensselaer Raceway, the late model class with (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Potts, Paul Shafer, Roger Long, Bill Davis, Mike Hollifield , Bob Pierce................................. Best memories from my childhood sitting on the front row of the grandstands

hard to beat this years show me, Pierce from back to front, had flat, bloomer took over lost wheel and owens won, all this in last 5 laps.